World Cup 2010

Happy Face

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does it go after the group stages? Is it the winner of our group against the runner up of Germany's group? Then where do we go? I can't find a site giving more than just the group fixtures.

Short answer is whoever wins Group C will play the runner up of Group D. Similarly, whoever is the Group C runner up will play the winner of Group D.

Check this- http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/schedule.html

Scroll down. It breaks it all down.

Adidas-jabulani-match-ball-1.jpg

This is the world cup ball, yours for £80.

Also Adidas are selling special edition World Cup shirts for £99. (With that strange rubber stuff on it)

prd_maxzoom_kb-70050_2.jpg

prd_maxzoom_kb-70050.jpg

How daft would you have to be? ;)

England should get out of the group without too much difficulty but then could face a tricky game in the knockout stages. But this tournament preview of the World Cup thinks Spain could also have to face Brazil/Ivory Coast or Portugal in the last 16, while England could most likely face France at some stage. Its all boiling down to be an exciting summer.

England should get out of the group without too much difficulty but then could face a tricky game in the knockout stages. But this tournament preview of the World Cup thinks Spain could also have to face Brazil/Ivory Coast or Portugal in the last 16, while England could most likely face France at some stage. Its all boiling down to be an exciting summer.

Our half of the draw is lush, We can only face teams from groups A, B, C or D all the way to the Semi final.

With Holland, Italy, Brazil, Spain and Portugal in the other half I'd be over the moon to meet France at some stage...or even Argentina or Germany.

I'm conscious of the fact that every time there's a WC people lose sight of reality and predict we'll do this that and the other. I think there is a great opportunity for us here though, genuinely. Fernando Torres was right what he said about Gerrard yesterday, there's not a player in the world who can drag a team up like he can single handed, you have Lampard, the whole squad plays at the highest level in the Prem and latter stages of CL our best 11 is as good as Spain or Brazil and I don't care what no one says. Where they are better is their squad depth. If we avoid injury what a chance we have. Regarding America I'll be disappointed if we don't record a convincing win, their best player barely gets a game for Fulham don't forget. I actually think Algeria will come second.

I'm conscious of the fact that every time there's a WC people lose sight of reality and predict we'll do this that and the other. I think there is a great opportunity for us here though, genuinely. Fernando Torres was right what he said about Gerrard yesterday, there's not a player in the world who can drag a team up like he can single handed, you have Lampard, the whole squad plays at the highest level in the Prem and latter stages of CL our best 11 is as good as Spain or Brazil and I don't care what no one says. Where they are better is their squad depth. If we avoid injury what a chance we have. Regarding America I'll be disappointed if we don't record a convincing win, their best player barely gets a game for Fulham don't forget. I actually think Algeria will come second.

We'll beat USA by 3 or 4...Every tournament they get hyped and they are basically shit.

Good shout regarding Algeria a proper footballing nation.

the thing I would worry about with our first eleven is the right hand side

johnson for a start gets forward well but im not convinced he can handle defending against world class wingers he would come up against in the later stages and hes unlikely to get a lot of support in that regard from whoever is on the right out of lennon/walcott etc who are very forward thinking since beckham will probably be used as a sub more often than not

We'll beat USA by 3 or 4...Every tournament they get hyped and they are basically shit.

Good shout regarding Algeria a proper footballing nation.

Parky I'm loving the way you're subscribing to the subtle wind up philosophy, it's a great way of posting ;)

True of course as well.

Remember when they beat West Germany 2-1?

I was too young to watch that World Cup, but I know about it. Same year Cameroon beat or drew with the eventual winners. I think Africa is clearly the third best footballing continent in the world and has been for at least 30 years, if England don't win it I hope Ivory Coast do. I will state no Pele style. am African team will win the WC before 2050, and I doubt due to inferior genetics and size, an Asian team ever wins it, despite having more than 2/3rd of the world population.

Edited by Stevie

Someone was making the point about only 15 English players played in the CL last season, whereas something daft like 100 Brazillians had. So what though, its just squad depth which is our issue in that case since most of our starting 11 have lots of CL games under their belts.

I'd be delighted if we make it to the semis. Not good enough to win it.

Someone was making the point about only 15 English players played in the CL last season, whereas something daft like 100 Brazillians had. So what though, its just squad depth which is our issue in that case since most of our starting 11 have lots of CL games under their belts.

Why not? We have the best midfielder, in my view the two best centre halfs, best manager, you'd put Rooney in the top 10 players in the world. We are inifinitely better than Italy and Greece were who won two of the last three tournaments, and this is the first time we've played a WC in years in a climate condusive to our footballing way.

Edited by Stevie

I was too young to watch that World Cup, but I know about it. Same year Cameroon beat or drew with the eventual winners. I think Africa is clearly the third best footballing continent in the world and has been for at least 30 years, if England don't win it I hope Ivory Coast do. I will state no Pele style. am African team will win the WC before 2050, and I doubt due to inferior genetics and size, an Asian team ever wins it, despite having more than 2/3rd of the world population.

Aye, they drew with Italy and finished on the same points and g/dif and Italy only went through because they'd scored one more goal. Italy won the tournament of course.

Why not? We have the best midfielder, in my view the two best centre halfs, best manager, you'd put Rooney in the top 10 players in the world. We are inifinitely better than Italy and Greece were who won two of the last three tournaments, and this is the first time we've played a WC in years in a climate condusive to our footballing way.

I hope am proved wrong just dont think we are good enough to beat Spain or Brazil. You've got the Dutch too who are always dangerous if they arent kicking off with each other or fucked on smack.

Aye, followed by the great Anschluss stitch-up. ;)

Correct. Led to the final group games being played at the same time.

See that's the difference between British and integrity and the rest of the world. England and Scotland would never have dreamed of doing such a thing.

See that's the difference between British and integrity and the rest of the world. England and Scotland would never have dreamed of doing such a thing.

It helps that England and Scotland largely hate each other, at least in a sporting environment, while Austrians are just Germans but with a greater tendency towards inbreeding, mental illness and xenophobia.

Aye, followed by the great Anschluss stitch-up. :(

It helps that England and Scotland largely hate each other, at least in a sporting environment, while Austrians are just Germans but with a greater tendency towards inbreeding, mental illness and xenophobia.

Didn't they used to run Germany in the past? ;)