World Cup 2010

Happy Face

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why does every report I have read about the world cup draw so far has United States down as making up a group of death, I dont see any teams in pots 2 and 3 we should be worried about for the groups.

Would not like us to get Portugal or France but think we could take them.

Serbia would be tough but were better than them too.

USA aren't a bad side (evidenced by their results in the recent confederation cup in South Africa where they were 2-0 up over Brazil in the final, having beaten Spain in the semi).

Also, from Pot 2 Australia would LOVE to draw England as their Pot 1 team.

From pot 3 both Ghana and the Ivory Coast would be very tough opponents.

why does every report I have read about the world cup draw so far has United States down as making up a group of death, I dont see any teams in pots 2 and 3 we should be worried about for the groups.

Would not like us to get Portugal or France but think we could take them.

Serbia would be tough but were better than them too.

USA aren't a bad side (evidenced by their results in the recent confederation cup in South Africa where they were 2-0 up over Brazil in the final, having beaten Spain in the semi).

Also, from Pot 2 Australia would LOVE to draw England as their Pot 1 team.

From pot 3 both Ghana and the Ivory Coast would be very tough opponents.

I know they will be tough opponents i just mean we have nothing to fear from the other pots. The other pots have as much to fear at drawing us. I know USA have had some good results and must be fairly decent but nothing England should fear from them.

agree about Ghana and Ivory coast.

USA are similar to Germany, in that people often underestimate them at the finals and end up paying. They consistently escape the group stages and do well ecause of their atleticism, organisation and will to win.

Can't believe some bookies have us at 6-1, it's insane!

I'd want to avoid Portugal, USA, Australia, Ivory Coast and Ghana.

Reckon we'll see a couple big names stumble at the first hurdle; France, Argentina chief amongst them.

Edited by The Fish

Know this sounds like I'm being contentious, but how are Brazil looking Ropey? and how are Spain under achieving? They've been dominant in qualifying.

I'd gamble on Italia too fwiw

when is this getting going? Ive got SSN on now and am watching some twat who just said that most of the US team play in the premier league babble on about how great we are

fucking annoying

USA are similar to Germany, in that people often underestimate them at the finals and end up paying. They consistently escape the group stages and do well ecause of their atleticism, organisation and will to win.

Can't believe some bookies have us at 6-1, it's insane!

I'd want to avoid Portugal, USA, Australia, Ivory Coast and Ghana.

Reckon we'll see a couple big names stumble at the first hurdle; France, Argentina chief amongst them.

Not really. What is their highest ever finish?

Know this sounds like I'm being contentious, but how are Brazil looking Ropey? and how are Spain under achieving? They've been dominant in qualifying.

I'd gamble on Italia too fwiw

Spain always do well in qualifying and look like being contenders (as do Holland), and apart from the recent Euros they always cock it up, that's all I meant.

Watched a few of the recent Brazil matches and they weren't exactly playing the way you expect Brazil to play, just not as polished as they normally are.

That's because they don't play how you would expect Brazil to play.

has it happened yet? I forgot after giving a mate a lift home. ;)

nope, the "build up" to this has been longer than when 2 of the top 4 play each other

has it happened yet? I forgot after giving a mate a lift home. ;)

nope, the "build up" to this has been longer than when 2 of the top 4 play each other

Only been watching 2 minutes and its dragging all ready.