FA Cup 3rd Round Draw

Besty

Not sure if there's any TV coverage, it should be on SSN like!

Sunday draw numbers:

1 Arsenal

2 Aston Villa

3 Barnsley

4 Birmingham City

5 Blackburn Rovers

6 Blackpool

7 Bolton Wanderers

8 Bristol City

9 Burnley

10 Cardiff City

11 Chelsea

12 Coventry City

13 Crystal Palace

14 Derby County

15 Doncaster Rovers

16 Everton

17 Fulham

18 Hull City

19 Ipswich Town

20 Leicester City

21 Liverpool

22 Manchester City

23 Manchester United

24 Middlesbrough

25 Newcastle United

26 Nottingham Forest

27 Peterborough United

28 Plymouth Argyle

29 Portsmouth

30 Preston North End

31 Queens Park Rangers

32 Reading

33 Scunthorpe United

34 Sheffield United

35 Sheffield Wednesday

36 Stoke City

37 Sunderland

38 Swansea City

39 Tottenham Hotspur

40 Watford

41 West Bromwich Albion

42 West Ham United

43 Wigan Athletic

44 Wolverhampton Wanderers

45 Lincoln City

46 Southampton

47 Colchester United

48 Tranmere Rovers or Aldershot Town

49 Kettering Town or Leeds United

50 Gillingham

51 Swindon Town

52 Brighton & Hove Albion

53 Rotherham United or Luton Town

54 Milton Keynes Dons

55 Brentford

56 Carlisle United

57 Accrington Stanley or Barnet

58 Oxford United or Barrow

59 Notts County

60 Stockport County or Torquay United

61 York City

62 Forest Green Rovers

63 Huddersfield Town

64 Staines Town or Millwall

I don't even see the point in competing in this this year.

Why the hell not? Its a great competition and Newcastle have a great history in it

I'd take the FA Cup over promotion any time

Edited by brummiemag1

Why the hell not? Its a great competition and Newcastle have a great history in it

whey aye!

lets win a cup and resign ourselves to Championship football for another god knows how many years, thats a great idea. :razz:

added to the fact that we've got as much chance of winning it as Harold Shipman has of getting an article in the Lancet. But yeah lets live the dream and watch as we progress through the rounds, losing a defender here and a striker there to injury.

Then lets watch as the Toon hit Manchester for the Quarter final of the century, a giant killing attempt by little Newcastle as they go to Man U.

9-1 of Spurs Wigan would look like a closely fought match in which the home side just shaded it.

Lets drop out gracefully in this round, promotion is the only concern.

whey aye!

lets win a cup and resign ourselves to Championship football for another god knows how many years, thats a great idea. :razz:

added to the fact that we've got as much chance of winning it as Harold Shipman has of getting an article in the Lancet. But yeah lets live the dream and watch as we progress through the rounds, losing a defender here and a striker there to injury.

Then lets watch as the Toon hit Manchester for the Quarter final of the century, a giant killing attempt by little Newcastle as they go to Man U.

9-1 of Spurs Wigan would look like a closely fought match in which the home side just shaded it.

And next season if we do get promoted then no doubt survival will be the only concern and so it goes on.

The FA Cup still means a hell of a lot to plenty of Newcastle fans, particularly the ones who will no doubt travel in numbers to Plymouth and it should be taken seriously

And next season if we do get promoted then no doubt survival will be the only concern and so it goes on.

The FA Cup still means a hell of a lot to plenty of Newcastle fans, particularly the ones who will no doubt travel in numbers to Plymouth and it should be taken seriously

And you would seriously choose that over getting back into the top flight?

I don't see why its a case of choosing one or the other. But yes without doubt I would take winning the FA Cup over promotion this season. I want to see us win a trophy

I don't see why its a case of choosing one or the other. But yes without doubt I would take winning the FA Cup over promotion this season. I want to see us win a trophy

Ha ha. Like we've really got any chance of winning the FA cup this year? I've got more chance of winning the lottery (and I don't do the lottery). Pointless competition for those not in the top league imo.

At the end of the day, we cannot survive as a proper football club unless we get back into the Premiership this season, to choose 90minutes of glory over the future of the club as we know it is madness.

Thats why everything must be thrown at getting up there and nothing must get in the way of that aim. Distracctions such as the cups are just that, distractions which arent needed.

Until we're sorted out with new owners and a proper structure then cups must go the journey, last year my worry was that it would get in the way of us stopping up, this year it gets in the way of us going back up.

Ha ha. Like we've really got any chance of winning the FA cup this year? I've got more chance of winning the lottery (and I don't do the lottery). Pointless competition for those not in the top league imo.

this, but i reckon its a competition only the top 6/8 teams in the country could/will win

and unfortunately we aint one of em'! :-(

Aye, but we probably will get promoted whereas we haven't got a hope of winning the FA Cup this season if you're being remotely realistic.

Unless I'm mistaken, FA Cup game takings get split 50/50.

Therefore, Hughton should let the supporters know he will be fielding the second/third/academy team to warn off too many supporters from making the trip and wasting their money (this would lower the attendance, thus lessening income for LardAsh).

Let's send the 14-year-olds.

There's only one thing this season is about, and that's promotion. If I were Hughton, I wouldn't send a single first-team player. Let Plymouth celebrate their famous win and let's concentrate on regaining PL status.

whey aye!

Really?

I'd take the cup every time.

I dont even know if I want us to get promoted, dont really see any point to it with this mob in charge, and cant see them leaving if we do

Interested to why you think is the "only concern"

At the end of the day, we cannot survive as a proper football club unless we get back into the Premiership this season, to choose 90minutes of glory over the future of the club as we know it is madness.

Thats why everything must be thrown at getting up there and nothing must get in the way of that aim. Distracctions such as the cups are just that, distractions which arent needed.

Until we're sorted out with new owners and a proper structure then cups must go the journey, last year my worry was that it would get in the way of us stopping up, this year it gets in the way of us going back up.

And if we do get promoted next year no doubt you and many others will be saying survival is the priority and so it goes on. Welcome to the world of Bolton and Blackburn, no chance of ever winning a trophy, reserve teams in every cup game, grim premier league survival year after year the only thing that matters.

Not for me thanks. I want promotion and to survive in the premier league but not at the expense of everything else

The FA Cup is a great competition and Newcastle have a great cup tradition - lets keep it that way