The iPad thread

ChezGiven

HF, it doesnt have an arm to stand it up

I've investigated further and there seems to be a stand.

accessories_20100127.jpg

No way is that going to stay upright unless your surface is perfectly flat. The best thing about my archos was watching films in bed. There's no chance on that.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://10gui.com/video/

This decade will see the death of the mouse and the introduction of multi-touch (flash will die too) which offers 'higher bandwidth interaction. The iPad, whilst looking a bit average now has been launched with the future in mind.

Like the Sinclair C5 :)

:) In what way?

Watch the video, OSX is made for that shit.

This decade will see the death of the mouse and the introduction of multi-touch (flash will die too) which offers 'higher bandwidth interaction. The iPad, whilst looking a bit average now has been launched with the future in mind.

Like the Sinclair C5 :)

I'm always wary of "in the future we'll all..." type predictions.

I can't see touch screens catching on...because after 7 hours at my desk my arms will be knackered.

...as much as I like Minority report and throwing thinks around a giant screen, people want to be lazier, not do MORE work.

Like the Sinclair C5 :D

I'm always wary of "in the future we'll all..." type predictions.

I can't see touch screens catching on...because after 7 hours at my desk my arms will be knackered.

...as much as I like Minority report and throwing thinks around a giant screen, people want to be lazier, not do MORE work.

As i said, watch the video, thats the first thing they address.

I'm not predicting they will take-off, just showing where the product will likely go in the future.

Tell me, when you are multi-tasking on the archos (have music, photos and a movie all running with perhaps some office software) does it actually resemble a modern windows based computer? By that i mean slow as fuck and crashes a lot. :)

imho touch screens work as a secondary input, give me a keyboard as well as that touch screen and things would be looking rosy. Somethings are made for touch and others for keyboard. I can see touch screen replacing the mouse functions to an extent but even then, how do you right mouse click to access other menus?

Nope for me I just cant see touch screen being the future of PCs just the same as eye gestures (something which Ive played around with developing a couple of trial apps with) at first you think "fuck yeah!" after about 10 minutes use it gets irritating and tedious.

No multi-task, no flash, 1024 4:3 screen? hardly innovation.

This tbh.

Aside from that it's going to confuse the fuck out of the Irish too :)

Tell me, when you are multi-tasking on the archos (have music, photos and a movie all running with perhaps some office software) does it actually resemble a modern windows based computer? By that i mean slow as fuck and crashes a lot. :)

Haven't been like that since XP tbh, or even 2000 really. I've not had a single problem with Vista either btw.

Out of interest, why would you want to look at photos while watching a movie and listening to an album all at the same time?

:)

Out of interest, why would you want to look at photos while watching a movie and listening to an album all at the same time?

I was thinking that too. So why is everyone asking about multi-tasking?

I'm actually quite surprised by how little people understand the industry. Apple is moving into the segment with a nice, relatively cheap device. The aim of the investors and the business brains is to use this to unlock what other companies have so far been able to do.

Haven't been like that since XP tbh, or even 2000 really. I've not had a single problem with Vista either btw.

We are talking about tablets. You have a vista tablet? I was referring to the shit performance of Archos 9.

We are talking about tablets. You have a vista tablet? I was referring to the shit performance of Archos 9.

You asked if the Archos resembled a modern Windows-based computer, and explained that by which you meant slow as fuck and crashes a lot. It's right there in your post. I was just saying that Windows-based computers haven't really been like that for like ten years now.

Edited by nufc4ever

You asked if the Archos resembled a modern Windows-based computer, and explained that by which you meant slow as fuck and crashes a lot. It's right there in your post. I was just saying that Windows-based computers haven't really been like that for like ten years now.

I was joking in the first post but correct with the second? Hence the smiley?

While perhaps not wanting to use that exact configuration of applications, if anyone else came out with a similar system that didn't allow multi-tasking it would be derided as being useless. It's just about acceptable in a phone but on a tablet/netbook it renders it pretty useless for most modern users who like to flick between applications.

People's wanking rituals are nobody's business but their own. If it needs chris de burgh playing over a photo of a lass they know on facebook and Ava Devine gagging on a long one all at the same time to get them off who are we to judge?

...and if they can whip up a spreadsheet with their left hand...all the better

Edited by Happy Face