The iPad thread

ChezGiven

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Netflix on the PS3 looks great btw Jimbo. The LoveFilm version is a disgrace in comparison.

Hasn't Lovefilm been acquired by Amazon recently ? if so maybe it will improve as I think their service over here is similar to Netflix.

Netflix on the PS3 looks great btw Jimbo. The LoveFilm version is a disgrace in comparison.

Hasn't Lovefilm been acquired by Amazon recently ? if so maybe it will improve as I think their service over here is similar to Netflix.

Daft question I could look up but how do you charge them without a USB port? - do they have an iPod type connection and if so can you transfer files to/from a PC without Wi-Fi?

Ah ok that might make things better then. I'll have a look into that.

Daft question I could look up but how do you charge them without a USB port? - do they have an iPod type connection and if so can you transfer files to/from a PC without Wi-Fi?

think so yes, on both counts.... you can't upload per se, but stream....

Yes, it has the standard Apple data connector port just like an iPod or iPhone for charging and data transfer, you have to ad files through iTunes.

Love my iPad like. Use it most days for work and at home. Def use it more than I thought I would. I'll not be upgrading like. Yet.

Whats the crack with using US iPads over here?

I'm off to NY in May and the iPad 2 is only $499 (£305)

Nee difference.

I got my first ipod over there and they honored the warranty in the uk too

Whats the crack with using US iPads over here?

I'm off to NY in May and the iPad 2 is only $499 (£305)

Nee difference.

I got my first ipod over there and they honored the warranty in the uk too

Aye, my iPad is a US one. Nee difference.

Loving my new iPad but am a bit miffed that some apps have a separate iPad version. So if you want the app on your phone and iPad you're buying the same thing twice!

Beejive IM is an expensive example - £5.99 for each version. Whereas Echofon Pro has both versions in the same app so you only buy it once.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We had a client on our site the other day that was using one of these. I'd never been that interested in owning one, until having a play around with his.

The cheapest you're going to get an Ipad 2 is £400 although you may pick up an original a bit cheaper. Bare in mind that at that price is would be the lowest spec - i.e 16gb HD & wifi.

I'm sure a few people will do finance - like P.C World & apple themselves.

I would wait until the Android ones get a bit better and get one of those tbh. Particularly if you're thinking of going Android with your phone.

I feel like I can't wait though. ;)

Scott, the iPhone5 comes out in September, when's the equivalent Android phone released?

well there won't be one, android phones are made by tons of companies, the 4G android phones are already on their way out and the android OS is constantly getting updates and of course the various slants the companies themselves put on it.

Scott, the iPhone5 comes out in September, when's the equivalent Android phone released?

There's already Android phones out that will be better than it tbh - the HTC Sensation for example. Apple are playing catchup, adding in features that have been available for years and trying to claim them as groundbreaking. They look great, and they market themselves really well, and the iPod functionality is better than most of the music software available for Android, but in terms of what you can do with it, the iPhone is way behind Android.