Newcastle v. Crystal Palace

JonTheMag

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another 3 points ........BRILLIANT.

Another poor game .....DISGUSTING.

Has Hughton gone mad? Pancreas on for Enrique.

According to the commentary new boy Williamson had a decent game as did Routledge for the time he was on.

there are plenty of positives, but its another underwhelming performance

I will say we seem to have shades of birmingham from last season about us

people complained all season about how shit they always player but still won and went up and now they've got their buyout and, before tonight, 15 games unbeaten and well up the prem

lets hope

Our players have now taken to feigning injury in an attempt to get the owner to bring more players in?

This will surely shake Ashley into further action before the window snaps shut. We're desperately thin at the back and if Enrique has done his hamstring he'll be out for a month or two. If our defense isn't up to par all the matches where we've been nabbing wins will be draws and all the ones where we've held on desperately for draws will be losses. With the form of Forest and the ever-presense of West Brom (who have been better than us in all three games against them this season) there's every chance that we'd slip down into a playoff spot. From there it's a lottery.

According to Louise Taylor over at the Guardian website, Enrique's injury is just a 'pull'.

According to Enrique over at the Newcastle website, Louise Taylor is just a 'toss'.

Enrique has done something to his hamstring, which will be assessed in the morning, and Lovenkrands took a kick to the ankle but should be ok.

Edited by Nyff

Had to win and we did, but Enrique getting injured is a massive blow, and knowing our luck it'll be a hamstring tear and he's out for 6 weeks!

Williamson was given MOTM award in the ground and i agree, thought he had a very solid debut and it was noticeable that straight away he was shouting and pointing all the time to his teammates trying to keep things organised, which is a good sign.

And in the time he was on Routledge showed pace, good first touch and played 3 or 4 through balls better than anything the rest of the midfeild have managed all season so we can't complain about the debutants!

Williamson was given MOTM award in the ground and i agree, thought he had a very solid debut and it was noticeable that straight away he was shouting and pointing all the time to his teammates trying to keep things organised, which is a good sign.

The ghost of Steven Taylor? (except for the trying to keep things organised part) ;)

Good news that both Williamson and Routledge had positive debuts. They'll both be very important for the remainder of the season.

what is the back line going to look like with s taylor and enrique injured and r taylor suspended?

pancrate-----williamson----collocini-----kadar

i can't believe we'll win the title with that back 4

Raylor isnt suspended for the rest of the season and simpson will be back soon too

as for enrique, we have to wait and see

what is the back line going to look like with s taylor and enrique injured and r taylor suspended?

pancrate-----williamson----collocini-----kadar

i can't believe we'll win the title with that back 4

Raylor isnt suspended for the rest of the season and simpson will be back soon too

as for enrique, we have to wait and see

Danny Fox from Celtic if you beleive that nutter who runs newcastle united blog.....is he any good?...premier league player?

An important 3 points to keep a gap between us and forest. 3 points ahead with a game in hand and 8 points ahead of WBA...still looking good but from that performance and our performances in general this season it still amazes me how we are top. Good to be back to winning ways though.

There were a few positives tonight though, most notably the debutants...Williamson seems like a leader and a pretty good CB and Routledge has the pace a drive to really add something to our side.

Kadar done well again.

Guthrie was busy and pulled the strings.

And Ranger with his 1st goal at St James Park.

Shame about the injuries but lets face it we are newcastle united, it was going to happen sooner rather than later...just hope they arent serious.

Will the highlights be on iplayer on friday?

The Palace players were up for it but not as classy as WBA. The own goal did us a real favour - apart from that it was pretty evenly balanced until Ranger's good finish at the end - and he'd already missed an absolute sitter AND another good chance before that. Can't head the ball.

Although our outfield players struggled to click, Harps didn't have much to do, but he did have to pull off 2 top class saves, one pushing the ball away in the box at a striker's feet and another in the second half when he fingertipped a ball onto the post. Mind you, he also nearly cocked up a straightforward clearance from a back pass.

Williamson was ok - sometimes a bit prone to go for other team-mates balls - but provided more direction to his fellow defenders in 30 mins than I've seen all season (discounting STaylor's semaphore flags). When Pancrate came on at RB and had a dodgy start, during a stoppage the new boy started coaching him in hoofing the ball. Time will tell.

Routledge's introduction changed the game. He's pint-sized, got good pace, tracked back and seemed to naturally involve other players. He's certainly added a different dimension to our play.

Our players were really in the wars tonight and Palace played with a bit of bite. In general you couldn't knock our commitment but that doesn't matter when you're crocked and have no-one to replace you (witness the 3 Palace subs). Tbf even Pancrate began to redeem himself by occasionally looking decent going forward and putting in some tackles and a couple of decent balls.

But after our recent run the 3 points is what mattered most tonight.

Edited by Bibble

According to the commentary new boy Williamson had a decent game as did Routledge for the time he was on.

Obviously you're sat in America, and were brought up on people like Len White and the likes, you have no intention of leaving that state the yank bullies took off the Mexicans but I tell you what it is, your summary of the game is like you were stood on the edge of the touchline.

Never in my life, have I been so depressed at the game, it was cold, we had shoes off, we had young cunts singing your support is fuckin shit, at an absolutely brilliant Palace support in the circumstances. This club is dead. Fuckin dead. I wish I could sit in a room with Hughton for 5 minutes, and just tell him what I think. He'd say what can you do better, and I don't fuckin know honestly with the players we have. We are disgusting. There's 92 teams in the football league, and not one of them are more boring than us.

I have two players to slate tonight, Nolan you looked like you cared at the start of the season, tonight all you were doing was trying and failing to justify your ridiculous wage. Worst of all though fuckin worst of all is that fuckin arsehole Carroll. Carroll it must be difficult playing in front of 38000, I can't deny it, I played in front of 1100 once and I was scared stiff, but tonight you proved to me what a Gateshead tramp you are. You have a degree of talent, but when you're pointing at people to play the ball wide, concentrate on your own run so when the ball actually arrives you're actually there to get it YOU STUPID CUNT!

FUCKIN WANK. FUCK OFF HUGHTON . If we had a side as good as Tottenham that gizajobMikeyouslimgoodlookinfella cunt would class the yids as bigger than us, its like a shit version of Keegan managing Spurs, and we were far and away better than them 7 short years ago, even more recently when we won every game against them for four year, I still think Hughton regards Tottenham as a bigger club than NUFC, its a job for that cunt a fuckin job, we're a steppin stone to Tottenham for him in his mind. Williams looked ok though.

Danny B has had the last laugh here, they've still won fuck all though and we still have more fans than them.

Edited by Stevie

An article in the Chronicle by Lee Ryder said that Hughton was toying with the idea of playing Tavernor at the back but he wasn't even on the bench. Also mentioned that Donaldson was another option yet he went with Pancrate??

I noticed that Butt was on the bench so he had to be in condition to be called upon in an emergency, surely he would have fit the defender role more than Pancrate??

An article in the Chronicle by Lee Ryder said that Hughton was toying with the idea of playing Tavernor at the back but he wasn't even on the bench. Also mentioned that Donaldson was another option yet he went with Pancrate??

I noticed that Butt was on the bench so he had to be in condition to be called upon in an emergency, surely he would have fit the defender role more than Pancrate??

You do talk some shit like.

Obviously you're sat in America, and were brought up on people like Len White and the likes, you have no intention of leaving that state the yank bullies took off the Mexicans but I tell you what it is, your summary of the game is like you were stood on the edge of the touchline.

Never in my life, have I been so depressed at the game, it was cold, we had shoes off, we had young cunts singing your support is fuckin shit, at an absolutely brilliant Palace support in the circumstances. This club is dead. Fuckin dead. I wish I could sit in a room with Hughton for 5 minutes, and just tell him what I think. He'd say what can you do better, and I don't fuckin know honestly with the players we have. We are disgusting. There's 92 teams in the football league, and not one of them are more boring than us.

I have two players to slate tonight, Nolan you looked like you cared at the start of the season, tonight all you were doing was trying and failing to justify your ridiculous wage. Worst of all though fuckin worst of all is that fuckin arsehole Carroll. Carroll it must be difficult playing in front of 38000, I can't deny it, I played in front of 1100 once and I was scared stiff, but tonight you proved to me what a Gateshead tramp you are. You have a degree of talent, but when you're pointing at people to play the ball wide, concentrate on your own run so when the ball actually arrives you're actually there to get it YOU STUPID CUNT!

FUCKIN WANK. FUCK OFF HUGHTON . If we had a side as good as Tottenham that gizajobMikeyouslimgoodlookinfella cunt would class the yids as bigger than us, its like a shit version of Keegan managing us, and we were far and away better than them 7 short years ago, even more recently when we won every game against them for four year, I still think Hughton regards Tottenham as a bigger club than NUFC, its a job for that cunt a fuckin job, we're a steppin stone to Tottenham for him in his mind. Williams looked ok though.

Understood and agreed.

Frustrating times...we can only hope that promotion will bring good fortunes for once.

Look this fella is in his 70s he's still interested in NUFC despite deserting his country 40 years ago, he's seen players who died before you were even born, so have some respect eh?

Obviously you're sat in America, (TRUE, at me computer).....and were brought up on people like Len White and the likes,(TRUE, and some before him) .....you have no intention of leaving that state the yank bullies took off the Mexicans((TRUE maybe NOT TRUE, I might come home to die) ...........but I tell you what it is, your summary of the game is like you were stood on the edge of the touchline.(I WISH, but I was sat at me computer listening to the match commentary on BBC Tyne courtesy of UStream). ;)

Look this fella is in his 70s he's still interested in NUFC despite deserting his country 40 years ago, he's seen players who died before you were even born, so have some respect eh?

50 years ago mate and I didn't desert my country, I was just looking for a place in the sunhine that wasn't to be found at home.

50 years away and still a British citizen, haven't yet and never will become an American citizen. ;)

Certainly respect the fact he's a toon fan in his 70's although stevie i dont like the use of age...its irrelevant.

Noelie though...Would you actually choose to put butt in defence?