Terry sacked as captain

Guest Stevie

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. surprised with that, I thought they'd sweep it under the rug.

Who's vice-captain?

He's been rodding another team mates wife too (not Cheryl, although Ashley has had a bash on Bridge's girlfriend too) so I suppose Capello had to.

We'll never win the World Cup as long as we're obsessed with who's captain and whether they have the moral integrity for the role. Footballers are fucking idiots and always have been. What happened to worrying about what happens on the pitch?

Gerrard I think isn't it?

I'm with stevie on this one tbh, I reckon Rooney should get it, or Lampard (despite my dislike for him)

Fat Lamps all the way.

Rooney is on fire at the minute, the captaincy could either spur him on or act as a burden. Either way it's not worth the risk.

If Gerrard got it I might sack of this World Cup altogether.

England captaincy is a bigger role than that as has been said loads of time during this debate

if it had been some random woman not connected to anyone else then he wouldnt have been sacked but considering who she was, right decision IMO

get rooney as captain, let him shout and yell and put all his passion into the role, he'll lead by example and might just cut some of the stupidity from his game without losing the fire

he'll play every match, but only about 15-20 mins of each

its how capello uses him and its working very well, we couldn't play with him on the right in every match, hes not got the legs anymore and we need to utilise the amount of pace we have access to on that side

he'll play every match, but only about 15-20 mins of each

its how capello uses him and its working very well, we couldn't play with him on the right in every match, hes not got the legs anymore and we need to utilise the amount of pace we have access to on that side

Cheers, I've sort of lost touch with it all tbh..... ;)

As Meenzer said footballers are dicks so its hardly a surprise this has happened, but good on Cappello for dumping him anyway. Personally i don't care who they make captain, its not something that ever bothers me.

A cricket captain is in charge of every aspect of the teams play and often selection of players and is a massively important choice, and a rugby union captain has a lot of tactical decisions during a match to make, but football its just a figurehead. Players who are leaders/shouters or whatever will do it whether you make them captain or not, the likes of Terry, Adams or whoever will orgainse their back four with or without an armband.

The only possible benefit i see is certain individuals themselves seem to get a boost from it and it raises their own game, but other than that, it doesn't really matter.

So Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard any of those mentioned would do me, and Cappello has shown they all have a real leader to follow who will make decisions and not stand for any fucking about, and that is important.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

statement makes it seem like hes promoting Vice captain and his thrid choice up one each

Which is Rio according to the Beeb.

Terry will be captain in all but name, he just wont have to face every England press conference, where the Bridgeys wife questions will certainly be on the agenda..

statement makes it seem like hes promoting Vice captain and his thrid choice up one each

Which is Rio according to the Beeb.

Terry will be captain in all but name, he just wont have to face every England press conference, where the Bridgeys wife questions will certainly be on the agenda..

;) Even better. The sine qua non of pointless knee-jerk actions can't be far away, though. Let's keep working on it...

Listening to SSN you now have the people saying its going to derail our world cup bid, we're pressing the self destruct button, what a bunch of utter dicks! It won't matter in the slightest, Terry will still play and will still be running the defence and shouting at them, and all the other players will do exactly as well (or badly) as they were going to do before this happened!

Listening to SSN you now have the people saying its going to derail our world cup bid, we're pressing the self destruct button, what a bunch of utter dicks! It won't matter in the slightest, Terry will still play and will still be running the defence and shouting at them, and all the other players will do exactly as well (or badly) as they were going to do before this happened!

Exactly right. He'll still be a leader it'll just be Rio's job to face the media more regularly and shake hands with dignatories etc

Except Terry, who'll get booed by his own fans and play below-par throughout, but Capello won't drop him because he feels guilty about stripping him of the captaincy in response to the demands of a couple of tabloids and the retards who listen to them.

Definitely worth the effort though. Definitely.

Except Terry, who'll get booed by his own fans and play below-par throughout, but Capello won't drop him because he feels guilty about stripping him of the captaincy in response to the demands of a couple of tabloids and the retards who listen to them.

Definitely worth the effort though. Definitely.

Sometimes I really fucking hate the people who live in this country. What a pack of stupid cunts.

Capello won't drop him because he feels guilty about stripping him of the captaincy in response to the demands of a couple of tabloids and the retards who listen to them.

I don't think Capello seems like the type to have made the decision in response to what the papers want, he would've had his own reasons.