Tooj

Whilst I’ve got a bit of time for the sweaty socks voting to remain in the UK then electing a load of SNP MPs to Westminster was possibly the most Scottish thing ever :lol: Unlike the leave voters in the EU referendum they correctly realised they’d have no one to blame their problems in any more 

Just so we are all aware and there is no doubt.

Cheltenham is also in NSW, Victorians like to copy us.

Wallsend, Jesmond, Hexham and Gateshead are in Newcastle, we also let some sheep shaggers settle nearby so there is a Cardiff and Swansea close by.

:aussie:

Edited by sammynb
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Wallsend, Jesmond, Hexham are in Newcastle, we also let some sheep shaggers settle nearby so there is a Cardiff and Swansea close by.

There’s a sunderland in Queensland, near Taroom, but it’s so small and insignificant it isn’t named on Google maps/earth. 

https://mapcarta.com/29977988/Map

Fuck yeah! 

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, sammynb said:

Wallsend, Jesmond, Hexham and Gateshead are in Newcastle, we also let some sheep shaggers settle nearby so there is a Cardiff and Swansea close by.

Hunter valley is full of Northumbrian place names, presumably due to miners from the NE settling in the area to exploit the coal reserves? 

There’s a Kelso in Washington State, US,  just at the foot of Mt St Helens which blew its top in the winter of 80/81 which coincided with my first year at secondary school. Kelso High School Roxburghshire was somehow in regular contact with Kelso High School Washington and we received lots of photos showing the devastation across the area. We did a geography project on it, about how the eruption affected the weather across the entire planet, including causing one of the coldest winters on record in the uk 🤓

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_eruption_of_Mount_St._Helens

IMG_3020.jpeg

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Hunter valley is full of Northumbrian place names, presumably due to miners from the NE settling in the area to exploit the coal reserves? 

There’s a Kelso in Washington State, US,  just at the foot of Mt St Helens which blew its top in the winter of 80/81 which coincided with my first year at secondary school. Kelso High School Roxburghshire was somehow in regular contact with Kelso High School Washington and we received lots of photos showing the devastation across the area. We did a geography project on it, about how the eruption affected the weather across the entire planet, including causing one of the coldest winters on record in the uk 🤓

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_eruption_of_Mount_St._Helens

IMG_3020.jpeg

Washy mags are the worst 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

That probably explains why I'm from Newcastle and one half of my paternal ancestors are from the North East and the other half are Welsh, who would have thunk?

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Washy mags are the worst 

That's a bit harsh on Cath.

• Haha 5

I was staying at a place in Mission Beach in Queensland (depressingly almost exactly 20 years ago). Me and my lass got talking to a couple of school teachers and they would not fucking have it that the saying ‘coals to Newcastle’ originally referred to Newcastle upon Tyne rather than the one in NSW :lol: 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I was staying at a place in Mission Beach in Queensland (depressingly almost exactly 20 years ago). Me and my lass got talking to a couple of school teachers and they would not fucking have it that the saying ‘coals to Newcastle’ originally referred to Newcastle upon Tyne rather than the one in NSW :lol: 

Fucking Queenslanders, they're even too dumb to export to the States!

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Alex said:

I mean, did you tell them that there very city is literally named after ours? Or more to the point, WHERE THE FUCK IS YOUR CASTLE YOU PAIR OF DRONGOS?

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Renton said:

I mean, did you tell them that there very city is literally named after ours? Or more to the point, WHERE THE FUCK IS YOUR CASTLE YOU PAIR OF DRONGOS?

He's not PL 🙂 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Renton said:

It’s definitely Joe Mangle tribute week on here 

3 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

He's not PL 🙂 

image.gif.b18df0e870c81fca97adc9a21d9392ca.gif

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, Alex said:

We stayed at Mission Beach, first place we saw a DANGER THERES CROCS ROUND HERE sign in QLD . The now semi permanent Mrs PL went for a night time comfort break at the campsite dunny armed with a torch, soft bog roll and a fork from the camper van’s kitchenette :) 

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The now semi permanent Mrs PL went for a night time comfort break at the campsite dunny armed with a torch, soft bog roll and a fork from the camper van’s kitchenette :) 

Urghhh, yep, I've had constipation that bad before. 

• Haha 8

58 minutes ago, Renton said:

It was a couple of middle aged ladies on their hols. I think it was half-term there. I just kind of let it slide as I knew I was right and they were wrong. They were nice and everything, they were just adamant I was wrong about it :lol: 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

We stayed at Mission Beach, first place we saw a DANGER THERES CROCS ROUND HERE sign in QLD . The now semi permanent Mrs PL went for a night time comfort break at the campsite dunny armed with a torch, soft bog roll and a fork from the camper van’s kitchenette :) 

There was another lass staying there went for a swim in the sea. Fuck that shit! Apart from the crocs there’s the box jellyfish. Iirc it was a couple of weeks before ‘stinger season’ but I would not be taking the chance of there not being a few early interlopers. Needless to say she wasn’t Australian. She survived :lol: 

We got as far as Cape Tribulation and saw a saltwater crocodile from the safety of a boat. I saw a wild cassowary at Mission Beach. It looked like a dinosaur 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Renton said:

Urghhh, yep, I've had constipation that bad before. 

So we're just having this conversation in every topic today it appears :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

You'll learn this board has a scatological obsession with faecophillia. We are from Poocastle after all.

Talking of which, are you a sitter or stander? 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

If only it was just today. Bunch of faecophiles around here.

ground zero brown note GIF by South Park

• Haha 2