NUFC Pictures - from days of old.

Craig

Newcastle United were invited to play the inaugural game at this continental stadium...this photo may or may not show that particular game :lol: but it does show the stadium in the period concerned...

stdchmrm_zpsutld2pel.jpg

anyone want to hazard a guess?...

Edited by PaddockLad

Am going to guess Real Madrid?

Real Madrid was not content with renting and having purchased land in the northern Chamartin district of town, set about building a stadium. Architect José Maria Castell was commissioned to design a 15,000 capacity stadium and he did not disappoint, coming up with a typical estadio inglés. It featured three open banks of terracing and one covered grandstand, which held 4,000 and had a central pointed gable on its pitched roof. The Campo de Chamartin would not have looked out of place next to the great designs of Britain’s leading stadium architect Archibald Leitch. As if to underline the very Britishness of the new arena, English cup-holders Newcastle United were invited to open the new stadium on 17 May 1924, and a sell-out crowd watched the locals prevail, winning 3-2 with Real Madrid’s Félix Pérez scoring the first goal at Chamartin.

:good:

http://www.estadiosdeespana.com/posts/madrid-campo-de-chamartin/

Somewhere in Italy?

San Siro or Olympico?

Sorry Fist,as a booby prize you win a night out with well known Newcastle United historical genius/toontastic.net pariah Christmas Tree :D

Edited by PaddockLad

You'll have to take it up with the vezetőedző.

Apparently that's Hungarian, so that must be the away leg of this goal?

Aye, it's screen-grabbed from this (I assume), which I watched again the other week and which is now going to (further) dampen your productivity for the next 11 minutes:

Aye, it's screen-grabbed from this (I assume), which I watched again the other week and which is now going to (further) dampen your productivity for the next 11 minutes:

Productivity is for ants and immigrant labour.

Just ask Gemmill

I still maintain that if Shearer had someone feeding him the crosses he actually put in then he'd have scored another 50+ for us. He couldn't half pick someone out in the box.

• 2 weeks later...

He was teetotal and had been for years back then.

I never knew that. Thought he was a raging drunk but I just read a guardian interview where he says he gave up in the late 70s. He certainly looks pissed on that clip!