Hangovers

Guest Barrack Road

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a rare but good sweet red that goes lush with chocolate. Typical to put it with the chocolate 'log' at Christmas (sniggers).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banyuls_AOC

" These wines are typical examples of Banyuls - they have great balance and youthfulness. The red fruit flavours marrry well with – the full bodied nature of the wine and the smooth grenache tannins also mask the residual sugar, often found in excess in sweet wines. This rich character gives them a rare "drinkability" much loved by gourmands. The wine goes very well with chocolate, Banyuls and Chocolate being a famous food and wine match. The tannins found in cocoa and those found in the grenache grape are very similar! Other food matches are Gorgonzola, red fruit salad in Spring and fresh figs with plum purée in Autumn.

Old parcels planted with mostly Grenache Noir and carignan"

http://www.la-rectorie.com/mutes.htm

Find port and vin santo goes well with dark chocolate but neither are really sweet enough for dessert where you'd go for something like a Sauternes. Not that I would get a dessert wine very often, just maybe Xmas time and the like. Just mentioned those spirits as Gloom doesn't go in for sweet wines. Actually, this would go well with dark chocolate too. https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-4475.aspx

Amazing stuff

:lol: They'll have had their finger on the alarm button under the counter during the whole transaction.

:lol: It's hilarious in there like. I mean, it's canny nice and that but it's Gosforth to a fucking tee

This is a rare but good sweet red that goes lush with chocolate. Typical to put it with the chocolate 'log' at Christmas (sniggers).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banyuls_AOC

" These wines are typical examples of Banyuls - they have great balance and youthfulness. The red fruit flavours marrry well with – the full bodied nature of the wine and the smooth grenache tannins also mask the residual sugar, often found in excess in sweet wines. This rich character gives them a rare "drinkability" much loved by gourmands. The wine goes very well with chocolate, Banyuls and Chocolate being a famous food and wine match. The tannins found in cocoa and those found in the grenache grape are very similar! Other food matches are Gorgonzola, red fruit salad in Spring and fresh figs with plum purée in Autumn.

Old parcels planted with mostly Grenache Noir and carignan"

http://www.la-rectorie.com/mutes.htm

jilly.jpg

whisky and chocolate is a good shout tbf alex. i had some of that green and blacks salt caramel thins on friday night in front of the telly alongside a wee dram. medicinal after a hectic week at work.

If Gloom doesnt like Sauternes, he's not doing it right.

i'm not sure if i've had it. i have tried plenty of expensive dessert wines before, and even when you can taste they're quality, i struggle to get through a whole glass. just can't get past the syrupy texture.

i'm not sure if i've had it. i have tried plenty of expensive dessert wines before, and even when you can taste they're quality, i struggle to get through a whole glass. just can't get past the syrupy texture.

The most expensive wine in the world is a Sauternes. A glass of Chateau Yqem is a magic treat, should be at nearly a grand a bottle.

Tell you what's a nice dessert wine, that Brown Brother's Orange Muscat and Flora. It's about a tenner for a half bottle so it's not exactly cheap but it's not crazy money either and it's not something you'd drink every day. Plus, you can get it loads of places.

The man who tried to use a hotel tumbler for his water consumption doesn't get to tell me I'm wrong. Water helps. It is not a cure by any stretch. At least not for me, but then as we all know I have an alcohol intolerance. It's the only explanation for someone otherwise so resilient to be put in such a bad way by a tiny amount of alcohol (3 pints can mean a brutal, brutal hangover).

I did actually have a litre bottle of water, but it was somewhere in the room and I didn't have time for that kind of shit when the entire planet was having a hard time staying put. That poxy little tumbler was right beside me though.

i hate that. it's the same at the hotel buffet breakfast. all the juice you can drink but you have to go straight back to the buffet bar after one gulp because you're forced to drink it through a fucking thimble

i hate that. it's the same at the hotel buffet breakfast. all the juice you can drink but you have to go straight back to the buffet bar after one gulp because you're forced to drink it through a fucking thimble

And what's with having the plugs on the other side of the room?

jerry.jpg

Put 2-3 glasses on your tray, it's "free" ;)

:lol: at the last few pages.