Hughton says not many signings this summer.

Happy Face

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rossi was unlucky in that he couldn't play in the the UEFA and Sibierski took that chance which made it hard for Roeder to justify playing Rossi in the league.

...and Sky Sports have finally posted the story....

Hughton won't make changes

Magpies boss has confidence in current crop of players

Newcastle manager Chris Hughton believes he will not have to make wholesale changes to his squad for next season.

The Magpies were promoted to the Premier League at the first time of asking after dropping down to the Championship last term.

It has been an excellent campaign for Newcastle and they broke the 100-point barrier after clinching promotion comfortably.

Much of the current squad is the same from last season but Hughton insists they are better players for their experience.

He said: "We have had a momentum this season and we have seen players develop. We have better players now.

"We speak about the same players who went down a year ago but at this moment they are better players than they were then and I have to take that into account.

"Do I see many players coming in? I don't envisage too many coming in."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6136609,00.html

no - what would be REALLY IDIOTIC is to say "I'm going out to buy a dozen players and money is no problem"

FFS - he's BUYING man, not selling - you always claim poverty in that situation

Guest alex
no - what would be REALLY IDIOTIC is to say "I'm going out to buy a dozen players and money is no problem"

While that's logical enough I suspect Hughton is telling the truth / what he's been told to say and we won't be spending much or bringing many new faces in.

why not say what they said the last time, the correct thing to say, which is "we intend this improve this team as much as possible, we want to put this club back into europe as soon as possible. We want to bring quality players to this club of the calibre other top clubs have because this is what we should be aiming for here"

There is nothing wrong with saying you want to be successful in football, thats the whole point of it.

You are confusing meeages the fans wnat to hear with the market place

far better to go to a club saying

"look man, we're desperate. that FF Ashley has given me washers to spend and if I stretch it I just about pay 50% of what you're asking for Drogba - giz a break eh?"

"look man, we're desperate. that FF Ashley has given me washers to spend and if I stretch it I just about pay 50% of what you're asking for Drogba - giz a break eh?"

rubbish. Nobody said fuck all about Drogba either he is out of reach of most clubs even if he wanted to leave Chelsea. I didn't even mention "trophy signings". You are making excuses. There is nothing to be ashamed of if you declare your intention to be successful and step up your actions to show you are serious.

Edited by LeazesMag

rubbish. Nobody said fuck all about Drogba either he is out of reach of most clubs even if he wanted to leave Chelsea. I didn't even mention "trophy signings". You are making excuses. There is nothing to be ashamed of if you declare your intention to be successful and step up your actions to show you are serious.

You're being ornery Leazes, there is no benefit to set out your stall as having bags of cash. It's blatantly obvious man. You walk into a car-dealership reeking of money they're going to up the price, you look hobo they're going to be glad of a sale.

You can say "We want to achieve great things", but that's not what has been said, what has been said is "Well there won't be many signings" to suggest we have little funds, whether we do or not. It just makes sense to obfuscate our actual transfer war chest.

You're being ornery Leazes, there is no benefit to set out your stall as having bags of cash. It's blatantly obvious man. You walk into a car-dealership reeking of money they're going to up the price, you look hobo they're going to be glad of a sale.

You can say "We want to achieve great things", but that's not what has been said, what has been said is "Well there won't be many signings" to suggest we have little funds, whether we do or not. It just makes sense to obfuscate our actual transfer war chest.

tripe. As soon as you make your first quality signing - if you do - then the whole of football will see that NUFC are seriously setting out their stall to hit their potential again, so why not just tell them ? It won't affect anything in the slightest, the only thing it WILL do is spark higher interest among supporters and higher interest in top players who want to play for the top clubs who would be more interested in coming.

irony is lost on Leazes - 99% of people would have spotted that Drogba isn't likely to be a target for NUFC this close season - now if Fat Fred was still around.....................

Look at the money people asked when Abramovitch and Citeh started to come calling - crazy numbers - because everyone knew they had the $$$.

tripe. As soon as you make your first quality signing - if you do - then the whole of football will see that NUFC are seriously setting out their stall to hit their potential again, so why not just tell them ? It won't affect anything in the slightest, the only thing it WILL do is spark higher interest among supporters and higher interest in top players who want to play for the top clubs who would be more interested in coming.

Must have missed the first big signing like...

wait, we haven't made one yet? So it makes sense to downplay our financial situation?

who'd have thought

irony is lost on Leazes - 99% of people would have spotted that Drogba isn't likely to be a target for NUFC this close season - now if Fat Fred was still around.....................

Look at the money people asked when Abramovitch and Citeh started to come calling - crazy numbers - because everyone knew they had the $$$.

you are stretching the point to the ridiculous again, just like when people spouted that showing any sort of ambition meant that we were going to go the way of Leeds. We didnt' get relegated until some fat fucker stopped showing ambition and sold off half a team that was only a player or two short of getting back into europe.

wait, we haven't made one yet? So it makes sense to downplay our financial situation?

who'd have thought

yep. You are quite right, we haven't made any. In fact, we sold them all and now he is going to have spend all the money and more that he got for them to get back to where we were in the first place the stupid fat cunt, and even more stupid are those who can't see it.

"setting out their stall to hit their potential again"

the last time was 1927..................

ah. You are really Noellie, pretending that the Keegan and Robson years never happened. :(

Guest alex

Howay though, it's not like this is some grand scheme by Ashley to get the prices of targets down. It's him letting us know via Hughton that we aren't spending much cash.

Guest alex

A little dickie bird told me some people from a certain other message board met a certain employee of the club and were told there's not much money available at all in the summer.

A little dickie bird told me some people from a certain other message board met a certain employee of the club and were told there's not much money available at all in the summer.

that will please them. They will all be counting their beanie boards and declaring how well the club is being run these days.

who'd have thought

yep. You are quite right, we haven't made any. In fact, we sold them all and now he is going to have spend all the money and more that he got for them to get back to where we were in the first place the stupid fat cunt, and even more stupid are those who can't see it.

What are you blithering on about you decrepit old fool. Every body in the world knows that we need a few areas strengthening, but everybody and their wife knows that by declaring you've stacks of cash hikes the price on any players you're after. Which is what this thread is about.

I reckon it will be player sales + £10m.