Hughton says not many signings this summer.

Happy Face

Simon Bird in this afternoons press conference...

Hughton says not many signings this summer. Reckons relegated stars have improved and ready for prem

:razz:

Edited by Happy Face

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already 7/2 favourites to go down next season on SkyBet :razz:

How can we be more favourite to go down than West Brom (yoyo) or the other team thats coming up ????? :D :D :D

West Brom are 4/5 on, so we're second favourites. Not that it means anything because they only have 3 teams listed so far, West Ham being the other team on 5/1.

sigh, assuming there is any grain of truth to this then I'm going to lump hughton in with ash and llambarse

will they never fucking learn?

Simon Bird in this afternoons press conference...

Hughton says not many signings this summer. Reckons relegated stars have improved and ready for prem

:razz:

I am stunned- never saw that one coming.

at all... :D

Club up for sale 5 minutes after the final whistle of the season and what a surprise, no summer signings apart from any half arsed freebies going...

I don't think "many" signings would be great for this squad. Our biggest asset has been our cohesion and many new faces could impact upon that. A few signings in key areas that strengthen our squad could well be better for the club than wholesale changes

sigh, assuming there is any grain of truth to this then I'm going to lump hughton in with ash and llambarse

will they never fucking learn?

Its off Simon Bird's twitter from the 'CH presser', as he refers to them.

If there aren't going to be many signings then they'd need to be top quality signings.

That’s not going to happen is it? We’ll be scouting for players at clubs facing administration and footballers nearing the end of their contract who think £15k a week is top whack.

Could be a repeat of this season. Spend as little as possible during the summer, then spend a bit more during January if needed :razz:

But this has been such a great season!

Has it? Is our lowest finishing position in nearly twenty years really great?

We’ve won a lot of games with the highest paid squad in second division history, but it’ll be very different next season. Repeating this year’s transfer strategy could see us fighting an uphill battle with a team whose confidence has been wrecked by the time the January transfer window opens.

Edited by Problem Child

We could manage with four or five new faces. As long as we get a right back, centre back, centre mid and striker(s) I think we'll have a squad capable of finishing outside the bottom three.

Could be a repeat of this season. Spend as little as possible during the summer, then spend a bit more during January if needed :razz:

But this has been such a great season!

Has it? Is our lowest finishing position in nearly twenty years really great?

We’ve won a lot of games with the highest paid squad in second division history, but it’ll be very different next season. Repeating this year’s transfer strategy could see us fighting an uphill battle with a team whose confidence has been wrecked by the time the January transfer window opens.

That was definitely sarcasm. I'll throw in the safety wink next time.

Rest assured that I despair at Fat Mike's "business plan" for our club and doubt we will survive without significant investment in the summer. 20mil at the least.