Hughton says not many signings this summer.

Happy Face

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ, Leazes is right again

:o

Leazzzzzzzzzes, you derail every thread, EVERY thread, into a pointless rant about how much you love Shepherd and how if people had listened to you we'd not be in this mess and all that bollocks.

facts are, Shepherd inherited a club that was set to establish a prolonged assault on the title and we've stuttered and faltered and fallen. Even before the debacle that is Ashley we were falling behind, or at least treading water as clubs passed us.

Were they better than Ashley has been? Yes.

Were they perfect? No.

Would they have, eventually, taken us down? Dunno, but I certainly wouldn't bet against it.

Would they be a better steward for this period of the club? Probably not. Their "Boom and Bust" approach would surely have us return to the CCC without much delay.

You are their fan, we get it. Fucking leave it alone. It's boring and mires all your footballing knowledge in a turgid mess of embittered gloating; a goblin, delighting in our situation for no-other reason than the opportunity to squawk "I told you so" like a pre-pubescent whelp.

I am willing to put every penny in my pocket that this prayer will fall upon deaf ears and he'll keep scratching that broken record.

Leazzzzzzzzzes, you derail every thread, EVERY thread, into a pointless rant about how much you love Shepherd and how if people had listened to you we'd not be in this mess and all that bollocks.

facts are, Shepherd inherited a club that was set to establish a prolonged assault on the title and we've stuttered and faltered and fallen. Even before the debacle that is Ashley we were falling behind, or at least treading water as clubs passed us.

Were they perfect? No.

Would they have, eventually, taken us down? Dunno, but I certainly wouldn't bet against it.

Would they be a better steward for this period of the club? Probably not. Their "Boom and Bust" approach would surely have us return to the CCC without much delay.

You are their fan, we get it. Fucking leave it alone. It's boring and mires all your footballing knowledge in a turgid mess of embittered gloating; a goblin, delighting in our situation for no-other reason than the opportunity to squawk "I told you so" like a pre-pubescent whelp.

I am willing to put every penny in my pocket that this prayer will fall upon deaf ears and he'll keep scratching that broken record.

Plus 1

Excellent post (crap picture)

Were they perfect? No.

Plus 1

Excellent post (crap picture)

coming from you, the ultimate in irony.........

Were they perfect? No.

Dear me. The Halls and Shepherd. Shepherd NEVER owned the club, and neither did the Halls. Nobody could do what they wanted without being sanctioned by the others. The Halls and Shepherd ran the club for 15 years. Together. Get it ?

ofcourse we've got lower expectations ffs we were relegated less than a year ago and it was a relegation that had been looming for a while.

We were scratting around for points pre-Ashley.

It is no wonder they are trying to lower expectations when we still have fans trotting out the "we are better than that" routine.

You may have also forgotten that he tried to sell and couldn't. There's no queue at the door now we are back either.

Stop repeating their lies man. He called an offer of £400m an insult.

I also doubt he is going to sanction anunproven prem manager with a blank chequebook.

He'll NEVER prove himself without funds to do it either. Tying his hands behind his back is dooming him to failure.

We would all love a return to yesteryear, but that's not going to happen so much better to be realistic than deluded.

It's not deluded to recognise we're one of the most widely supported teams in the country. We have a huge catchment area that's virtually unopposed and as such there's no reason why we shouldn't compete with the best. I recognise the reasons we can't and won't, they're running the club, it's not deluded to recognise that and argue for more.

I will be delighted with 4 or 5 good additions and surviving next year.

4 or 5 additions of what quality? Kids? Championship? Top half rejects?

We will then be stronger, no Hughtons worth and be in a far better position to continue building.

Adding 5 players as bad as the ones we have will improve nothing.

I am sure this is what will happen and fully support it.

nice to see people now saying the things I have always said.

I thought you said Shepherd never did a thing wrong.

you won't find anywhere where I said that.....

And the above is no different to what I've ALWAYS said.

Seems we both make up total bollocks about what other posters said in hindsight :o

I don't remember you rushing to agree with me at the time, I'm sure pretty much everybody else just harped on about Shepherd being a fat cunt and had to go because everything was so embarrassing. The only person who agreed with me was howaythelads.

Simon Bird in this afternoons press conference...

Hughton says not many signings this summer. Reckons relegated stars have improved and ready for prem

13zyc6a.jpg

Were they perfect? No.

Dear me. The Halls and Shepherd. Shepherd NEVER owned the club, and neither did the Halls. Nobody could do what they wanted without being sanctioned by the others. The Halls and Shepherd ran the club for 15 years. Together. Get it ?

I do get it, but obviously you don't.

Simon Bird in this afternoons press conference...

Hughton says not many signings this summer. Reckons relegated stars have improved and ready for prem

:unsure:

13zyc6a.jpg

Shepherd NEVER owned the club, and neither did the Halls.

Do tell me who 'owned' the club between December 1991 and April 1997.

As though Nolan didn't come here for the money himself. Where was he while we were going down? Hiding like the rest of them. Sure, he's banged in plenty in Div 2 but he (like that other worthless wanker Smith) seems to think he now has the right to speak about our club as though he knows it.

Were they perfect? No.

I do get it, but obviously you don't.

I dont think you do

I fail to see why people like you harp on about this

the Halls, Shepherd (and Fletcher as an employee) ran the club.

Edited by LeazesMag

Who owned the club Leazes?

Who owned the club Leazes?

nobody had over 50% of the shares, did they ?

ofcourse we've got lower expectations ffs we were relegated less than a year ago and it was a relegation that had been looming for a while.

We were scratting around for points pre-Ashley.

It is no wonder they are trying to lower expectations when we still have fans trotting out the "we are better than that" routine.

You may have also forgotten that he tried to sell and couldn't. There's no queue at the door now we are back either.

Stop repeating their lies man. He called an offer of £400m an insult.

I also doubt he is going to sanction anunproven prem manager with a blank chequebook.

He'll NEVER prove himself without funds to do it either. Tying his hands behind his back is dooming him to failure.

We would all love a return to yesteryear, but that's not going to happen so much better to be realistic than deluded.

It's not deluded to recognise we're one of the most widely supported teams in the country. We have a huge catchment area that's virtually unopposed and as such there's no reason why we shouldn't compete with the best. I recognise the reasons we can't and won't, they're running the club, it's not deluded to recognise that and argue for more.

I will be delighted with 4 or 5 good additions and surviving next year.

4 or 5 additions of what quality? Kids? Championship? Top half rejects?

We will then be stronger, no Hughtons worth and be in a far better position to continue building.

Adding 5 players as bad as the ones we have will improve nothing.

I am sure this is what will happen and fully support it.

nice to see people now saying the things I have always said.

I thought you said Shepherd never did a thing wrong.

you won't find anywhere where I said that.....

And the above is no different to what I've ALWAYS said.

Seems we both make up total bollocks about what other posters said in hindsight :unsure:

I don't remember you rushing to agree with me at the time, I'm sure pretty much everybody else just harped on about Shepherd being a fat cunt and had to go because everything was so embarrassing. The only person who agreed with me was howaythelads.

Ah bless :o

If you said anything like the above I wouldn't have disagreed.

I only argue with you when you're off the mark. For example, you said what a good appointment Roeder was, while I was spot on about it being another downward step on the path of lowered expectation and dwindling returns...

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=136657

Your refusal to say a bad thing about Shepherd meant you defended some of the worst decisions.

Edited by Happy Face

Err what do Fulham and Brmingham have in common that we don't. Take your time. :o

What do they both have in common? You don't seem desperate for their managers to fail?

Did I get it right?

I only argue with you when you're off the mark. For example, you said what a good appointment Roeder was, while I was spot on about it being another downward step on the path of lowered expectation and dwindling returns...

Your refusal to say a bad thing about Shepherd meant you defended some of the worst decisions.

I said that very phrase often. I said I was "hopeful" that Roeder would turn out well, just like Hughton now in fact. However, at least you agree with me that a manager with one hand tied behind his back is on a hiding to nothing.......at least the managers the Halls and Shepherd appointed were given the support and backing which is the whole point. Not many clubs actually do this, its a matter of choice.

I said that very phrase often. I said I was "hopeful" that Roeder would turn out well, just like Hughton now in fact. However, at least you agree with me that a manager with one hand tied behind his back is on a hiding to nothing.......at least the managers the Halls and Shepherd appointed were given the support and backing which is the whole point. Not many clubs actually do this, its a matter of choice.

Glad you agree with me Leazes. Took your time.

Glad you agree with me Leazes. Took your time.

As I said, only howaythelads agreed with me when I said all of this a long time ago.

Err what do Fulham and Brmingham have in common that we don't. Take your time. :o

What do they both have in common? You don't seem desperate for their managers to fail?

Did I get it right?

No.

Did I get it right?

No.

So you also want them to fail? I am stumped then :unsure: