Spain win 2010 WORLD CUP.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus you Irish are bitter.

Of course the press are going to liken every squad and every performance against the 66 winners, it's our highest achievement, one we have matched.

If your national football team had done something of note, your press would harp on about it too.

you lot are worse than the Scots

Please don't lump us all in with Kevin and Ant.

I try not to judge you all by Stevie's comments.

You must be from the "dark" side of Ireland :angry:

Grow up you wee wannabe-provo cunt.

Of course the press are going to liken every squad and every performance against the 66 winners, it's our highest achievement, one we have matched.

If your national football team had done something of note, your press would harp on about it too.

Good call tbf Ewerk.

Please don't judge us by Fish's dress sense either.

You must be from the "dark" side of Ireland <_<

:angry:

You must be from the "dark" side of Ireland :angry:

You are from the dark side <_<!

and Kevin's not flailing , he's been winding up various people on the forums for the last two weeks, i'm not disputing he's a mong and clearly quite stupid, But he knows full well that posting such shite will have some of you jumping down his throat within an hour.

Fair play to him he's roped ya in rightly, fuck sake he's had a phrase coined after him now and someone knocked up a logo/sig based on it.

Good call tbf Ewerk.

Please don't judge us by Fish's dress sense either.

Nothing to do with being bitter, every match in every tournament Motty and his ilk bring up that bloody result, it was 16 years before i was even born and i'm still hearing about the thing now.
Of course it is, like I said it's our highest footballing achievement but without replicating it for years it's built up beyond reason. If Ireland had won anything in World Football your press would blether on about it for generations. Fucking Hell, Norn Iron beat us 1-0 once and we still hear about it now. :angry:

Honestly every tournament it ends up like everyone better watch out because blah blah England this England that, you've been fcking underdogs for years and have never been close to being the kinda standard required to be contenders.
Are you fucking retarded, every country who've consistently been up in the top ten or so countries in world football believe they've a chance of winning the World Cup. We've not been "under dogs" at all, North Korea are under-dogs, Serbia are under-dogs. We're a good national side who'll probably make it beyond the group stages and then go out to another good national side before the final. Also, in 1990 I'd say we were contenders, maybe even the teams that played in 98 and 2006. Oh and didn't we win it in 66? Never been contenders, behave yourself. :rolleyes:

I'm sure the Spanish and co are shitting themselves thinking about your midfield that doesn't play well together, your keepers which are average at best, and the strikers only one of which in the squad is a threat.
They're probably fully aware of the players we've got and the strengths and weaknesses of the England team, just as we are of them.... I'm not sure of your point. <_<

so it's not bitter but the arrogance and the non stop crap that tends to come along with English international football gets very old...and the tournaments not even started yet, and it's not even limited to that sport.
What arrogance you mong? Everybody has been saying this is a weak England side, everybody is saying that we've not the strength to beat the genuine contenders (Brazil, Spain, etc.) Everybody has been saying we'll most likely go out in the 1/4s. Everybody is pointing out Englands own failings. So I ask again, what Arrogance?

Fucking Hell, even the Ladbrokes advert is basically saying that you've got to be a little mental to think we're going to actually win the thing. :icon_lol:

(oh and the other stuff about cole and lampard etc, i couldn't care less what they did, was purely a windup stunt, its not like the Irish team is pristine either, jesus my favourite player of all time is an alcoholic women beater)

So what, is your point?

That English fans are obsessed with England's chances (or more accurately the lack thereof) in this World cup? Of course they are, it's the biggest tournament in the world, for the sport they invented! You'd have to be a special kind of idiot to expect the English press to be more interested in the NHL, the darts or the snooker at this time of year. Who else would the English Press be talking about? ;)

In fact, show me an article that best displays this arrogance you're talking about? Show me an article that seriously says that England are going to win the World Cup. Show me a post on this forum (other than Stevies) that suggests anything but a realistic view of our chances?

You're just trotting out the same cliched bullshit all the home nations fans do, "Wahh wahh, everyone's talking about England, Wahh Wahh, England aren't as good as they think they are, Wahh Wahh, why aren't we in the press" Tell you what, qualify, do better than us, then you can tell us we're being arrogant.

Just to clear something up, who exactly is permitted, in the world according to Ant, to be optimistic of the world cup? Spain and Brazil fans?

Seriously Ant, what are you talking about? You're clearly just upset because the nation is geared up for a massive party to which you and your potato chomping buddies aren't invited.

Either pipe down, or sing us a song. ;)

JoeHartGETTY_468x517.jpg

Iker Casillas believes England's goalkeepers will be the Three Lions' key weakness at the FIFA World Cup™.

The Spain and Real Madrid No1 has questioned the big-match temperament of Robert Green, David James and Joe Hart ahead of the tournament, which gets under way on Friday. None of the England goalkeeping trio featured for their club sides in Europe last season, while both Portsmouth's James and Green of West Ham lined up for teams battling relegation from the Premier League.

And Casillas, a key member of Spain's UEFA EURO 2008-winning squad, believes top teams will be able to expose England's frailties in that area. He said: "I can see why both Lionel Messi and Xavi have talked up England's chances at the FIFA World Cup because their class is undisputed. But their goalkeeping situation is a real problem.

"None of the keepers have played even European Cup level, that's the highest level you can play at club level. And if you have never played in the top club competition in the world, you are going to find it hard to perform at the top international level in the world when even more eyes are on you.

Their goalkeeping situation is a real problem. None of the keepers have played even European Cup level.

Iker Casillas on England's goalkeepers

"If you look at myself, Gigi Buffon of Italy and Julio Cesar of Brazil, we are keepers who've all won European Championships, World Cups and European Cups. At this level nerves play a big part and any mistake a goalkeeper makes is going to be scrutinised. It's not always about ability at the World Cup, it's about having been there before and knowing how to handle the big games."

England coach Fabio Capello has left England's fans guessing as to who his number one will be in South Africa, but Casillas believes he knows who will get the nod. "I don't see that England coach Fabio Capello has any choice but to play Robert Green," he added in quotes reported in Daily Star Sunday.

"It doesn't matter if Joe Hart has more natural ability. To throw him into the World Cup with no experience would be crazy and Fabio is far more intelligent than that. He has stuck with Robert Green throughout the qualifying stages and that is the way I am sure it will stay."

Despite his obvious reservations about the England squad, Casillas added: "Apart from the keeper situation, England are very strong and I'd put them in the top three favourites, along with us and Brazil."

Edited by Park Life

1 Brazil Brazil 1611 0 Equal 0

2 Spain Spain 1565 0 Equal 0

3 Portugal Portugal 1249 0 Equal 0

4 Netherlands Netherlands 1231 0 Equal 10

5 Italy Italy 1184 0 Equal 0

6 Germany Germany 1082 0 Equal -25

7 Argentina Argentina 1076 0 Equal -8

8 England England 1068 0 Equal 0

9 France France 1044 1 Up 0

10 Croatia Croatia 1041 -1 Down -11

11 Russia Russia 1015 0 Equal 12

12 Egypt Egypt 967 1 Up 0

13 Greece Greece 964 -1 Down -4

14 USA USA 957 0 Equal 7

15 Serbia Serbia 947 1 Up 3

16 Uruguay Uruguay 899 2 Up -3

17 Mexico Mexico 895 0 Equal -41

18 Chile Chile 888 -3 Down -60

19 Cameroon Cameroon 887 0 Equal 0

20 Australia Australia 886 0 Equal 3

Guest The Three Lions

What comments ya daft cunt?

Guest The Three Lions

Rio Ferdinand not a big player :angry: . Captain of the most important football country in the world, who has over the last five years demonstrated he's as good as any defender on earth. Our chances have taken a battering with him gone, only Rooney or Gerrard missing would've been a bigger blow.

What comments ya daft cunt?

Rio Ferdinand not a big player :angry: . Captain of the most important football country in the world, who has over the last five years demonstrated he's as good as any defender on earth. Our chances have taken a battering with him gone, only Rooney or Gerrard missing would've been a bigger blow.

What pairing would you go for Stevie?

Guest The Three Lions
Nothing to do with being bitter, every match in every tournament Motty and his ilk bring up that bloody result, it was 16 years before i was even born and i'm still hearing about the thing now.
Of course it is, like I said it's our highest footballing achievement but without replicating it for years it's built up beyond reason. If Ireland had won anything in World Football your press would blether on about it for generations. Fucking Hell, Norn Iron beat us 1-0 once and we still hear about it now. :angry:

Honestly every tournament it ends up like everyone better watch out because blah blah England this England that, you've been fcking underdogs for years and have never been close to being the kinda standard required to be contenders.
Are you fucking retarded, every country who've consistently been up in the top ten or so countries in world football believe they've a chance of winning the World Cup. We've not been "under dogs" at all, North Korea are under-dogs, Serbia are under-dogs. We're a good national side who'll probably make it beyond the group stages and then go out to another good national side before the final. Also, in 1990 I'd say we were contenders, maybe even the teams that played in 98 and 2006. Oh and didn't we win it in 66? Never been contenders, behave yourself. :rolleyes:

I'm sure the Spanish and co are shitting themselves thinking about your midfield that doesn't play well together, your keepers which are average at best, and the strikers only one of which in the squad is a threat.
They're probably fully aware of the players we've got and the strengths and weaknesses of the England team, just as we are of them.... I'm not sure of your point. <_<

so it's not bitter but the arrogance and the non stop crap that tends to come along with English international football gets very old...and the tournaments not even started yet, and it's not even limited to that sport.
What arrogance you mong? Everybody has been saying this is a weak England side, everybody is saying that we've not the strength to beat the genuine contenders (Brazil, Spain, etc.) Everybody has been saying we'll most likely go out in the 1/4s. Everybody is pointing out Englands own failings. So I ask again, what Arrogance?

Fucking Hell, even the Ladbrokes advert is basically saying that you've got to be a little mental to think we're going to actually win the thing. :icon_lol:

(oh and the other stuff about cole and lampard etc, i couldn't care less what they did, was purely a windup stunt, its not like the Irish team is pristine either, jesus my favourite player of all time is an alcoholic women beater)

So what, is your point?

That English fans are obsessed with England's chances (or more accurately the lack thereof) in this World cup? Of course they are, it's the biggest tournament in the world, for the sport they invented! You'd have to be a special kind of idiot to expect the English press to be more interested in the NHL, the darts or the snooker at this time of year. Who else would the English Press be talking about? ;)

In fact, show me an article that best displays this arrogance you're talking about? Show me an article that seriously says that England are going to win the World Cup. Show me a post on this forum (other than Stevies) that suggests anything but a realistic view of our chances?

You're just trotting out the same cliched bullshit all the home nations fans do, "Wahh wahh, everyone's talking about England, Wahh Wahh, England aren't as good as they think they are, Wahh Wahh, why aren't we in the press" Tell you what, qualify, do better than us, then you can tell us we're being arrogant.

Just to clear something up, who exactly is permitted, in the world according to Ant, to be optimistic of the world cup? Spain and Brazil fans?

Seriously Ant, what are you talking about? You're clearly just upset because the nation is geared up for a massive party to which you and your potato chomping buddies aren't invited.

Either pipe down, or sing us a song. ;)

A weak England side? You're a tool, how is it a weak England side we have at least 5 players who could walk in any side in the world, Argentina had ONE in 1986. We're a great fuckin team, certainly on paper, and we have the climate to do something as well. Know nothing alternative view over compensating tossers are basically saying we're third rank. If it clicks for England we can do well, as for going out in the Quarters, who to France? Fuckin France who have just lost to the mighty China and couldn't even beat Ireland by fair means. We underachieve if we don't get to the semi's. I can't wait till mid July when you're all eating humble pie. England on paper are as good or better than Man Utd, if Man Utd were going in to any tournament you'd give them a chance.

Guest The Three Lions

Without any doubt King and John Terry. Redknapp made a good point in the paper yesterday saying that 6 days between games is more than enough for Ledley, fair enough he's a cripple, but you don't see him make many mistakes, he's a great player, people who judge him on a shakey show against Mexico should watch more football.

lol i was purely on the windup like i said, and there's quite a difference between optimism and arrogance.

who was mentioning the NHL

The NHL is coming to it's climax, my point was that of course the English press will obsess over the World Cup and Englands chances in it.
, like i said the English media are renowned for the "claim it if its good" for all sports, F1, Tennis with Andy murray when hes not losing etc, it's a running joke for the rest of the home nations if they will be British or back to being scot/welsh/irish by the end of a tournament.
What are you talking about? I genuinely have no idea.

On the norn iron bit, if you'd done a search on previous threads from that time you'd find i'd already mentioned how that gets on my nerves and all, "we're not brazil we're norn iron" ugh, honestly you've no idea they've a fucking mural in east Belfast with that mackem on it scoring against ya, and i have a big dislike for that twat Colin Murray.
Ahhhh so we mustn't stereotype you, but it's fine for you to stereotype others? :angry: mongo

And don't bring in the world rankings ffs fish they're a farce, America was in the top10 for ages, same with a few other teams that shouldn't have been there.
Who brought rankings into it? I say we're consistently in the top ten, as in of the national teams out players and performances consistently place us in the top ten countries in the world for this sport. I'm not talking about coefficients or owt.

Not seen the Ladbrokes commercial but they have you as third favourites to win the thing.
That's because bookies are there to make money. I wouldn't be surprised if a German bookie had them as third favourites to win it either.

As for Ireland being geared up for a massive party, don't be so fucking stupid, find one Irishman who thinks our teams anywhere near the standard of the former world cup teams, Ireland are bloody awful, the days of having McGrath, Quinn and co are long gone unfortunately, the only reason this teams done alright is Trappatoni.
Sorry, my fault, when I said the Nation, I should have clarified I was talking about the one that matters. Also, find one Englishman who thinks this team is anywhere close to a former world cup team?

anyway like i said purely on the windup, i'll enjoy supporting everyone but England when you play as per normal <_<, and if you meet France wishing the pitch turns into a giant sinkhole swallowing Henry (and that owen also happens to be there watching and falls prey to it as well)

That's as bad as a sunderland fan buying an away ticket to watch us play Leicester. Small club mentality, there. I couldn't give a shit if Ireland got to the World Cup or not, they don't matter to me, but there incessant whining is annoying.

There you go.

A weak England side? You're a tool, how is it a weak England side we have at least 5 players who could walk in any side in the world, Argentina had ONE in 1986. We're a great fuckin team, certainly on paper, and we have the climate to do something as well. Know nothing alternative view over compensating tossers are basically saying we're third rank. If it clicks for England we can do well, as for going out in the Quarters, who to France? Fuckin France who have just lost to the mighty China and couldn't even beat Ireland by fair means. We underachieve if we don't get to the semi's. I can't wait till mid July when you're all eating humble pie. England on paper are as good or better than Man Utd, if Man Utd were going in to any tournament you'd give them a chance.

Fucking Hell Stevie man, it's clearly not as strong as previous tournaments, you're just being ornery cos it's me. Behave yourself man.

Compare our side to Spain's or Brazil? They've class all over the place. Our 1st choice pairing at centre half will be Terry (who's had a bad season) and who Dawson? He's not good enough for this level. Arguably the best left back in the world, but our right back is... Glen Johnson? He's just a failed right winger, he's not good enough to keep genuinely good left wingers quiet.

Midfield: Barry is struggling with an injury, Gerrard and Lampard haven't been able to replicate their comestic form at international level, I rate Joe Cole and think our left hand side is very strong, but our right not so much. Lennon may blossom, but I don't think he's much cop.

Forwards: Rooney is class, undeniably one of the best players in the world and has the graft to match his guile, however, who else have we got? Heskey with 7 goals in about 60 games isn't it? Defoe who like Lampard and Gerrard hasn't really done anything of note at this level. and Crouch who admittedly has a good record at tinternational level, but most of them come against weak opposition.

I'm all for optimism and positivity, but you have to admit that this team pales in comparison to the 98 squad or the 90 team.

I agree that on paper we'll get to the Semis, and I reckon there'll be a few surprises this year, but I just cannot see this England team beating Brazil before the final and we have to meet them on the way to the final, so that's that. fwiw I reckon Spain will be a surprise earlier-than-expected exit. No reason, just a gut feeling.

Stevie is just being optimistic.

Personally I think this is our poorest world cup squad that I can remember. Hopefully the out of form players can show their class and the lesser players play out of their skin. We might go far then.

The defence and goalkeeper situation really worries me. I dont rate Green one bit. He is so average. I'd gamble on Harts lack of experience or hope James has a steady tournament.

Although, if Rooney gets injured or suspended after the group stages we have no chance.

Without any doubt King and John Terry. Redknapp made a good point in the paper yesterday saying that 6 days between games is more than enough for Ledley, fair enough he's a cripple, but you don't see him make many mistakes, he's a great player, people who judge him on a shakey show against Mexico should watch more football.

Too right Stevie. We've gone from having an embarrassment of riches at centre half a few years ago, to suddenly looking a little shaky. King is a good replacement to plug in alongside Terry in Rio's place, but oh for a fit Woodgate. Upson turns too slowly and has played for a shite team all season and Dawson, despite being in good form, hasn't played for the seniors yet I don't think. Carragher is just Carragher, who has said in the past that he'd rather be in filthpool than playing for England.

And if our Irish lot don't like reading about England or the World Cup they could always keep their neb out of this thread.