meetings

trophyshy

If someone has a direct pop at you in a formal meeting with other colleagues present, on an unrelated issue, when they don't even know all the facts, are you entitled to stick one on them at lunchtime?

You pull them up there and then, something like:

"You don't know the facts and how is that relevant to this meeting??"

Then you feed their family to soldier ants

:icon_lol:

I don't believe so, no.

edit: perhaps a bit disenfranchised.

So that's a yes then :icon_lol:

Got to say the politiking that occurs in offices bothers me. I'm not Burke, I don't have the steel to screw someone over for a percentage. I know this means I seem unambitious and will miss out on opportunities but I'm incapable of being a snidey bastard.

That's it?

I thought he'd got up on the table and took a shit onto your notepad or something.

No. He normally lets that go. :icon_lol:

B)

Common practice, German parent company.

He pointed out that you were under-resourced and that your work was suffering as a result.

If you get extra staff - he's done you a favour.

I think it was more that he pointed out if you pay peanuts you get monkeys :icon_lol:

edit: added smilie to prevent offence

Edited by spongebob toonpants

That's it?

I thought he'd got up on the table and took a shit onto your notepad or something.

No. He normally lets that go. :icon_lol:

B)

Common practice, German parent company.

Shelf toilets? ;)

This continually happens where I work and is usually down to point scoring in front of the boss.

No option - cut the fucker off at the knees there and then and it sets a precedent for future interaction between you and said knacker.

Some arsehole at a client has just tried to land me in the shit by claiming that I didn't inform them of a number of key recommendations from a review I did for them. Thankfully I have a full trail of emails showing that I did send the recommendations and they accepted them. I'm currently resisting the urge to inform them that they're complete cunts.

briefly - he was invited by the CEO to be part of a steering group for some new business development which I am leading on. The first meeting for this was a couple of weeks ago.

However, he didn't show up to the inaugural meeting and offered no apology, despite it being a 3 line whip from the CEO and I know he was fully aware of it. I found out just after this meeting that he was not applying for a new ring-fenced role and was therefore leaving the organisation, arguably engineered out of the organisaiton. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and thought because he was leaving he didn't/wouldn't want to get involved with a new team, fair enough I thought, bit unprofessional to say nowt but just leave it.

In this meeting today (about establishing a generic business development framework/unit) he highlighted my area of work as requiring more resource (we know) and a better structure for R&D, objectives, deliverables - all that cock. Using my work as an example rather than, say, anything else at all.

So my lenience obviously misplaced and I need to retract this and see what his fucking problem is.

The way I see it the guys got a point, you can hardly pull him up on it when your work is shite because you can't be arsed and you're under resourced

briefly - he was invited by the CEO to be part of a steering group for some new business development which I am leading on. The first meeting for this was a couple of weeks ago.

However, he didn't show up to the inaugural meeting and offered no apology, despite it being a 3 line whip from the CEO and I know he was fully aware of it. I found out just after this meeting that he was not applying for a new ring-fenced role and was therefore leaving the organisation, arguably engineered out of the organisaiton. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and thought because he was leaving he didn't/wouldn't want to get involved with a new team, fair enough I thought, bit unprofessional to say nowt but just leave it.

In this meeting today (about establishing a generic business development framework/unit) he highlighted my area of work as requiring more resource (we know) and a better structure for R&D, objectives, deliverables - all that cock. Using my work as an example rather than, say, anything else at all.

So my lenience obviously misplaced and I need to retract this and see what his fucking problem is.

The way I see it the guys got a point, you can hardly pull him up on it when your work is shite because you can't be arsed and you're under resourced

Depends on what the work culture is like. I've worked at some places where the above exchange would be viewed as a request for attention and resources, other places, you never admit (or let someone else tell) that your department needs additional resources.

Judging by Trophy's reaction to this seemingly minor exchange, I'd guess they're more the latter.

I think the really effective thing would have been to say in the meeting, "I'm surprised you're comfortable making that statement judging by how little you've interacted with my department the last x days/ weeks/ months/ whatever and failed to attend the inaugural meeting." Since the moment's passed, I don't know. I don't think I'd crowbar it into a meeting I set up with the higher ups, but it'd definitely be on the tip of my tongue the next time we all got together.

Edited by Cid_MCDP

The lad used Trophy's work to make his point, which is a bit off like. Am going through something similar myself at the minute, someone accused our team of something which is blatantly not true but basically means we werent delivering what we should. We are and ahead of time but this twat in the UK has let it be known he thinks otherwise.

Am going to fuck him in a meeting on wednesday.