What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Pissed off.

I've been fishing for a permanent contract at the office and finally they've offered me one. £7k less than I'm on now. I had to double check the figures because I couldn't believe it. I asked them how they justify such a drop and they tried to say it was in line with other people at my grade, that the benefits I'd receive (sick pay etc.) have an impact...

I politely reminded them that they're currently (and ridiculously) paying me through two seperate agencies and each of those agencies will be taking a slice that, together, will obviously be more than £7k. I've told them I need to think about it and will take the 12 month extension to my current contract so I can weigh up options.

1st phone call tomorrow is to the guy at the agency who looks after my contract to inform him I'll be looking for a new job effective immediately. I don't mind taking a pay-cut, but not for this company. I'd accept the wage they've offered if it was in a job I actually enjoyed or could get passionate about.

Speaking of which, if the agency bods on here could provide a bit of insight I'd be grateful? Drop me a pm

Good luck, Fish. Whether you've been overpaid compared to your colleagues or not, going home on a Friday and then coming in the following Monday for £7k less per year is a tough pill to swallow, permanent role or not. I think I'd be doing the same as you in your position. Just not the best time to be looking for new work obviously, but sounds like you've got that place until something better comes along.

When you say you've signed an extension, is that on your current pay?

Good luck, Fish. Whether you've been overpaid compared to your colleagues or not, going home on a Friday and then coming in the following Monday for £7k less per year is a tough pill to swallow, permanent role or not. I think I'd be doing the same as you in your position. Just not the best time to be looking for new work obviously, but sounds like you've got that place until something better comes along.

Yeah, which is mental. Why they're willing to pay me and the two agencies for another year, instead of a reasonable pay cut and save cash by eliminating two agencies

Yeah, which is mental. Why they're willing to pay me and the two agencies for another year, instead of a reasonable pay cut and save cash by eliminating two agencies

Good look Fish mate, that sounds a bonkers do that.

Knackered once again. Baby wakes up screaming at 5am (just as I am having a cracking dream where Shearer had popped round to ours for a coffee and we were best mates and all that). So, by Iphone light I look on the floor for his dummy, then climb under his cot looking all over for it.

Bash my head getting out and then discover it was hanging out the corner of his mouth. As I return to a standing position, he smiles, takes it out of his mouth and drops it down the far side, underneath the cot.!!!!

By now Im wide awake, he goes back to sleep and Shearers gone. Oh joy. :(

Have you not seen my FB this morning? Yes that's me and Marti Pellow ;)

I see you borrowed Del-boy's jacket..... ;)

How man! That's this winters bang-on-trend camel duffel coat I'll have you know!

Jeez its cold today!

Fingers have gone through the freeze-thaw-intense pain bit, nuts are like lentils.

Roll on summer.

Where are you working today Mr Monkey?

Knackered once again. Baby wakes up screaming at 5am (just as I am having a cracking dream where Shearer had popped round to ours for a coffee and we were best mates and all that). So, by Iphone light I look on the floor for his dummy, then climb under his cot looking all over for it.

Bash my head getting out and then discover it was hanging out the corner of his mouth. As I return to a standing position, he smiles, takes it out of his mouth and drops it down the far side, underneath the cot.!!!!

By now Im wide awake, he goes back to sleep and Shearers gone. Oh joy. :(

I'm picturing that old coffee advert where Ian Wright turns up on an Arsenal fan's doorstep.

Only in your case instead of holding a mug of coffee, it's a saveloy dip.

State of frozen shock. Just had to stand on a blokes drive for 3 hours while he fitted my taxi equipment.

I have never been this cold. I couldn't even form words properly.

I even had to ring ahead and get the wife to run a bath.....from where I currently lie, thawing out :(

Feel for you folk who have to work out doors.

3 hours?

Wtf was he doing like? It's an hour at best.

Oh , and man up you big Jesse :razz:

Tried everything to get my old meter to work with the Zafira...it wouldnt. :( Also had a parrot hands free jobby fitted where the taxi stuff needed to go.

Add to all that he did a first class job taking lots of trim off to hide all the various cables perfectly.

You right though, usually its a 60 minute messy wonder.

Why the fuck did you need to stand outside though?

Cos the guy works from home and was doing it on his drive. It was one of those jobs that was meant to be short and just kept on dragging on and on and on. I had to keep driving him around the block to test the meter.

Anyway, it was fucking cold.