What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Fucking hell, everything hits at once sometimes. Fingers crossed for you, mate but by all accounts, you've got a good relationship with your lass which always helps in times like this. Sometimes all you can do is be positive in spite of it all and that can go a long way.

Easier said than done mate when you're in a shite frame of mind as you know yourself. I'm sure I'll come out smiling but it's a rocky old road ahead.

Checked in here for the first time in ages as I was sure CT would be bleating on about a hangover (tick).

Then I read Stevie and Renton's posts about their dads. Ye Gods. Very sorry to hear about your troubles fellas, all the very best to you and your families and I hope it all turns out well. Puts the more petty issues of our lives in perspective really.

Not eating yesterday at all but drinking from 2pm and a shit of tequila with every round was stupid.

Sounds painful.

I was at a wedding years ago in Connemara and got absolutely trolleyed on Guinness with whiskey chasers. Got the helicopter spins and all sorts, didn't puke but would've been better if I had. Next morning had the worst hangover of my life and we drove to Westport. I forget the name of the road but it's something like the ten pins, it felt as twisty as fuck anyway and I had to get out of the car to throw up. It's a famous beauty spot apparently, I couldn't tell you a thing about the countryside other than the verge was quite green.

Anyway we got to Westport and in despair I went to the pub. A plate of lamb stew/boxty and a pint of Guinness later, I strode from the pub a new man, health and sanity completely restored. Twenty minutes before I would gladly have taken a bullet in the head.

I'm fucking livid.

My wife nipped out with my two daughters up to the Silverlink, as the eldest, nine years old, got out the car the wind picked up and the door ended up hitting the car next to them, some lad was in the car with two young lasses. He wound the window down and called the Wife a 'stupid fucking slut' and other stuff while my wife shouted back, eventually he said 'Sorry its alright' after my nine year old told him it was an accident and he realised there wasn't a scratch on his fucking car. I tell you what, I wish to God I'd been there, I'd have ripped his fucking head off. The Wife is now back and a bit upset, the main thing is my daughter seems ok but I'm fucking foaming. What kind of prick shouts and balls like that to a woman and two young girls?

I'm fucking livid.

My wife nipped out with my two daughters up to the Silverlink, as the eldest, nine years old, got out the car the wind picked up and the door ended up hitting the car next to them, some lad was in the car with two young lasses. He wound the window down and called the Wife a 'stupid fucking slut' and other stuff while my wife shouted back, eventually he said 'Sorry its alright' after my nine year old told him it was an accident and he realised there wasn't a scratch on his fucking car. I tell you what, I wish to God I'd been there, I'd have ripped his fucking head off. The Wife is now back and a bit upset, the main thing is my daughter seems ok but I'm fucking foaming. What kind of prick shouts and balls like that to a woman and two young girls?

A coward, if you were there I doubt any of it would have happened.

Chest is fucking crippling me this morning. Coughing like an old dog, luckily I have the docs tomorrow for a lung test, hopefully they can give me something for it.

Fags is the best thing for yer chest. Cured me asthma.

Fuck

Fuck fuck fuck

Just got of the phone to my missus, my " stand-in" father in law is dyeing.

The family have been told its a matter of hours, possibly a day or two if he's lucky.

He went in to hospital at the start of the week, was apparently puking up shit ( aye , exactly what it says), and was swiftly diagnosed with bowel cancer.

He'd left it far too late, and is now on his way out.

He's a top bloke, not actually my father in law, but him and his wife are very close friends of my wife's family and all the kids call them Nana and Grandpa. I love him to bits, he's one of those blokes who is just so easy to get on with, loves NUFC, never a bad word about anyone.

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck.

Bastard!!!

Aye, that's the worst thing. I said I'd sack this job and head home but she insisted I stay- her thinking is that there's bugger all I can do anyway, and I'm due home tomorrow afternoon as it is , so I may as well stay and finish the job.

She's right, in a purely logical sense, but it doesn't stop me feeling utterly useless.

She's also said that I might want to think about volunteering to speak at his funeral, Jesus! Where do you start? I spoke at my brother's funeral, but that felt right and natural somehow. I will, of course, speak , but it just seems wrong to be thinking of a eulogy when the poor man hasn't even died !

Sorry of this isn't my most lucid post, I've sink a few swift pints since finding out, and my head is all over the shop.

Cheers Chubster

I would tbh, but I've had too much to drive home now- had a pint before I'd heard, and had another straight after.

I'll be on my home by lunchtime tomorrow anyway, so I'll just crack on and get home asap.

Cheers lads.

I know she'll kill me for this, but I feel I ought to say publicly how damned decent and caring Catmag really is. I know this won't come as news to anyone who's been here for a while, but I want to say it anyway.

She spends her working life caring for others, then , comes in here, sees I've had some bad news, and takes the the time to have a PM conversation to try to make me feel better.

It's not as if I'm one of the "original Trent Posse" either- Cath has never met me, but still took the time to just be a decent person.

So , there you go.

Delete this if you want Cath, I know you'll find it embarrassing, and dont mind if you wipe it, but I thought everyone should know what a top lass you are- I'm sure one or two other regulars on here will agree.

And apparently you also have a monumental rack… are you , in fact, Wonderwoman?

:kiss:

Cheers lads.

I know she'll kill me for this, but I feel I ought to say publicly how damned decent and caring Catmag really is. I know this won't come as news to anyone who's been here for a while, but I want to say it anyway.

She spends her working life caring for others, then , comes in here, sees I've had some bad news, and takes the the time to have a PM conversation to try to make me feel better.

It's not as if I'm one of the "original Trent Posse" either- Cath has never met me, but still took the time to just be a decent person.

So , there you go.

Delete this if you want Cath, I know you'll find it embarrassing, and dont mind if you wipe it, but I thought everyone should know what a top lass you are- I'm sure one or two other regulars on here will agree.

shaq_YES.gif

Sorry about the news MF. I know words are just noises right now, but thoughts are with you buddy.

More like Blunderwoman at the minute tbh :lol: Couldn't get that rack, or my fat ass into a posh frock yesterday which I need for a do tomorrow night :razz:

As for the other stuff - thanks, but there's no need. I know a few people going through horrible shit at the moment and it makes me sad.

Tell you what, with some of the stuff the lovely people on here have had to go through recently, the mood I'm in is one of making sure I get up and see my family more often from now on and taking nowt for granted.

Cheers lads.

So , there you go.

As someone who never will be in the Trent Posse, I can second all of that. What a canny, genuine lass.