What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Cheers lads.

I know she'll kill me for this, but I feel I ought to say publicly how damned decent and caring Catmag really is. I know this won't come as news to anyone who's been here for a while, but I want to say it anyway.

She spends her working life caring for others, then , comes in here, sees I've had some bad news, and takes the the time to have a PM conversation to try to make me feel better.

It's not as if I'm one of the "original Trent Posse" either- Cath has never met me, but still took the time to just be a decent person.

So , there you go.

Delete this if you want Cath, I know you'll find it embarrassing, and dont mind if you wipe it, but I thought everyone should know what a top lass you are- I'm sure one or two other regulars on here will agree.

And apparently you also have a monumental rack… are you , in fact, Wonderwoman?

:kiss:

Am sorry to hear about your relations bowel cancer :( I hope by some miracle he pulls through, it's a cunt isn't it :( Me dads got a fighting chance now like, but he's been where your dad in law is now in the last few weeks believe me. All the best.

Tell you what, with some of the stuff the lovely people on here have had to go through recently, the mood I'm in is one of making sure I get up and see my family more often from now on and taking nowt for granted.

:aye:

A mate of mine lost his mum when she was 48; she'd had an asthma attack, it was severe enough for her to be taken to hospital, she fell unconscious and just never woke up. It was awful because it came right out of left-field. Ever since then I've really tried harder to spend time with my folks. I really appreciate what they've done for me and I have to admit that I didn't when I was younger.

Tell you what, with some of the stuff the lovely people on here have had to go through recently, the mood I'm in is one of making sure I get up and see my family more often from now on and taking nowt for granted.

:aye:

A mate of mine lost his mum when she was 48; she'd had an asthma attack, it was severe enough for her to be taken to hospital, she fell unconscious and just never woke up. It was awful because it came right out of left-field. Ever since then I've really tried harder to spend time with my folks. I really appreciate what they've done for me and I have to admit that I didn't when I was younger.

I think that last part's pretty common to be honest. I had all kinds of strife with my dad when I was a young 'un because he was always away on work and never seemed to be around for us. Now that I'm a working man myself I see he was just trying to do the best for his family, and that's a tough balance to strike. And it's not that I wasn't aware of mortality because a good mate lost his mum, in similarly unexpected circumstances to your mate as it happens (that sort of thing seems to be depressingly commonplace), but you can be a right dick when you're young. Nowt to do about it except make up for it later on really.

but you can be a right dick when you're young.

Does this mean that I'm not a dick now, just young at heart?

Either way, "can" wasn't giving you permission.

prince-disapoint-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-71.gif

I guess stuff like this just gives us that little reminder that we should make sure the people that matter to us know it, and that we can put right some wrongs if they're lingering from the past. Life really is too short.

I guess stuff like this just gives us that little reminder that we should make sure the people that matter to us know it, and that we can put right some wrongs if they're lingering from the past. Life really is too short.

Aye you're not kidding. I was talking to this bloke from South Shields in the hospital tonight, his urine was coming out of his arse, and the doctors have given him 18 months to live as his bowel cancer has spread to his lungs and liver. He was the happiest bloke I've seen in ages, he said I'd rather be back at work, he was only 51. Had tears in me eyes when I came away.

Aye you're not kidding. I was talking to this bloke from South Shields in the hospital tonight, his urine was coming out of his arse, and the doctors have given him 18 months to live as his bowel cancer has spread to his lungs and liver. He was the happiest bloke I've seen in ages, he said I'd rather be back at work, he was only 51. Had tears in me eyes when I came away.

PMA Stevie man.

I cant say I would react like that like, but I would try and be positive.

I have almost finished this book and its really a great read and full of a lot of truths and is helping me.

PMA Stevie man.

I cant say I would react like that like, but I would try and be positive.

I have almost finished this book and its really a great read and full of a lot of truths and is helping me.

Probably a good book for some people, but circumstances and things I see are always going to effect people in different ways. When someone tells me they're going to die very soon, it's not my way to do Hugo Sanchez backflips down the ward.