What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Cheers mate! Loads of stuff. Grandma passing away was hard to bear and I had a few problems resolving how I felt about it. Our lass is pregnant with our second. She doesn't want to know the sex. I do. Been managing an MBA intern who we have just employed and who will work for me. Planned and executed the best 40th birthday weekend party ever. Got wasted, flew to south of France and then actually turned 40. Our lass took me to a ridiculously posh restaurant last night and as she was pregnant, I was drinking for 2.

Other stuff too but those are the highlights!

:lol: Happy days, good to hear!

Cheers mate! Loads of stuff. Grandma passing away was hard to bear and I had a few problems resolving how I felt about it. Our lass is pregnant with our second. She doesn't want to know the sex. I do. Been managing an MBA intern who we have just employed and who will work for me. Planned and executed the best 40th birthday weekend party ever. Got wasted, flew to south of France and then actually turned 40. Our lass took me to a ridiculously posh restaurant last night and as she was pregnant, I was drinking for 2.

Other stuff too but those are the highlights!

Double congrats Chez.

I was at a canny low point at my 40th and took the concious decision to just take myself and the wife to risk our lives in Torridon, Scotland, mountain climbing and scrambling. On my 40th itself I went to an insanely expensive and luxurious restaurant there. They had noted on my reservation that I was 40, or from the cards in my room, so bought in a cake which was the last thing I wanted at the time. Charged me for it too, the twats.

Anyways, life has been much better since. Life begins at 40. :)

Double congrats Chez.

I was at a canny low point at my 40th and took the concious decision to just take myself and the wife to risk our lives in Torridon, Scotland, mountain climbing and scrambling. On my 40th itself I went to an insanely expensive and luxurious restaurant there. They had noted on my reservation that I was 40, or from the cards in my room, so bought in a cake which was the last thing I wanted at the time. Charged me for it too, the twats.

Anyways, life has been much better since. Life begins at 40. :)

:lol: Unbelievable bollocks on them.

Good mood, have had a lovely day full of nostalgia from the bank holidays as a child. Beautiful sunny day, took my son to the beach where he started out paddling then ended up in the sea up to his neck wearing just his undies :D Came home feeling manky, full of sand and covered in ice-cream. Lush...

marsden_zpsae3cb8fa.jpg

Good mood, have had a lovely day full of nostalgia from the bank holidays as a child.

I get what you mean actually, long weekends are one of those times when I do regret not having a particularly big family (full stop, I mean, not a family of my own - I think the fella would protest :D), and those few of us there are are spread across various areas/countries. Not that us boring adults can't go to the beach too, but having nippers around is better because it lets you show them all the things you used to do (and regress a bit and act like a kid again yourself :) ).

I get what you mean actually, long weekends are one of those times when I do regret not having a particularly big family (full stop, I mean, not a family of my own - I think the fella would protest :D), and those few of us there are are spread across various areas/countries. Not that us boring adults can't go to the beach too, but having nippers around is better because it lets you show them all the things you used to do (and regress a bit and act like a kid again yourself :) ).

It was a bit weird actually. I found myself trying to make the day the kind he would remember when he grew up in the same way as I remember them now. As kids we'd spend bank holidays with grandparents, aunties, uncles and cousins playing footy and rounders at the beach/at the park/by the riverside eating egg sarnies and drinking juice out of plastic cups. It was always sunny too, obviously! :D

I was a centurion on the Roman Wall this weekend Meenz, in charge of a severely depleted unit of young, inexperienced recruits. :lol:

We were on Sweaty watch.

I hope you had sufficient rations of mead to go round.