The Labour Leadership Campaign

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's obvious it won't be the long term approach. It was actually a clever move as it bought him an easy ride too and some much needed respite from the rabid press, as Cameron couldn't attack members of the public.

That's how I read it.

Christ What's gan on with Mason's lighting? Thinks he's meeting deep throat in an underground car park.

Piss poor production values. You can see the light stand in the background. V poor from channel 4

Absolutely gifted PMQ's to Cameron with this new approach. Gonna be an easy ride if he keeps this up.

Thought Corbyn did fine. Made Cameron try something different from his usual sneering tactics. It's not like he's going to do the same thing every week (I personally think it's a gimmick he'll dip into maybe once every few months). If he goes in and gives a weak performance in his first week the media will crucify him (like they are doing anyway regardless) whereas if he went out and played a blinder today there would be criticism when he can't do it every Wednesday. Eased his way in today. Asked Cameron some tough questions. Didn't get any real direct answers, so in that sense not much has changed.

Edited by JJ

Tax credits needed phasing out as it's basically being used by companies as subsidies...But it should have been withdrawn in phases to give folk time to adjust...

Well they are to a degree. Lots of figures bandied about by both sides but someone on minimum wage gets £28 extra a week from April at the same time as tax credits are reduced.

Obviously there will discrepancies for different situations but the overall idea seems right.

Well they are to a degree. Lots of figures bandied about by both sides but someone on minimum wage gets £28 extra a week from April at the same time as tax credits are reduced.

Obviously there will discrepancies for different situations but the overall idea seems right.

Family with an income of 20k found out at the last budget they'd be two grand a year worse off. Gradual that.

Recent report from PwC reckons that by 2025,a quarter of all households will privately rent and a significant majority of those aged between 20 and 39 will be private tenants. Basically nobody will have enough money to own their own place until they're in their 40s. And that will obviously continue to only get worse.

I hope you're settled in for your youngest living with you for the next 35 years, CT. ;)

Noticed that this morning...Where will it end? :lol:

He says they don't spy on private citizens though, so it's just as well all the terrorists self-identify by working for Terrorists Incorporated so they can focus on them.

Thousands of years of persecution have given Jewish people a sixth sense, and with Corbyn the alarm bells are ringing extremely loudly. There is a way in which he frames his views that makes me feel very uncomfortable. When I listen to Corbyn speak on almost any issue, I get the feeling this is a man who doesnt like my community.

:lol: You silly paranoid prick.