The Labour Leadership Campaign

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a read of this:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/david-cameron-called-jeremy-corbyn-6435223

About the new Tory obsession with using the word "security" every time they open their mouths....

Then look at this the very next day. Bear in mind this is a Treasury statement announcing that inflation has fallen back to zero.

"Todays inflation figure means a real boost for working people and family budgets across our one nation, with prices essentially frozen compared to last year while wages continue to rise.

This is a reminder that we must continue to work through our long term plan to build a resilient economy delivering the economic security of a country that lives within its means, financial security of lower taxes and a new National Living Wage, as well as national security of a Britain that defends itself and its values.

:lol:

All it would take to reduce this to the fucking stupidity that it is is for someone in the Labour party to point out how weird it is that Tories seem to be trying some sort of subliminal messaging with their constant repetition of this word. It's proper brain programming shit, the fucking creeps.

I'm really enjoying this story unfolding.

As long as the Tories in Labour pipe down, it could be a very interesting few years in British politics.

The mandate he has makes him pretty untouchable until at least after the elections next year and the way policy is going to be further democratised to the grass roots will only bolster his position within the party.

Think his manner of speaking will good for PMQ's.

I doubted how effective it would be. They normally demonise wealthy celebs or flip-flopping politicians without principle all of who play the game. No matter how unfair the treatment they get, no matter whether they've been hacked or whatever there's always that perception that it's what they've signed up for.

I thought with the principle Corbyn has shown the public would side with him against the media. It's not close to the Milly Dowler situation but on the same track, I thought that I would see public opinion turn on the papers rather than Corbyn because he's a decent, honest bloke doing his best for the worst off in society and if they went at him the public would feel more sympathy for him, so the papers would have to be a bit cleverer about how they go about bringing him down.

That was until i came to work this morning and a few of the grads were saying how they had googled Corbyn last night to see what he was about and had decided he's a complete lunatic, so it's working perfectly.

:(

Have to admit, he's going to need to be the strongest political leader I've yet seen to be able to survive all the lies and misinformation. If this goes tits up, and it looks likely, I'm actually done with democracy, full stop. It's pointless. The media dictate who wins.

If he manages to overturn the ridiculous odds against him and actually get his message across, then he's probably the best leader Labour will ever have.

That whole video posted earlier by the Tory party has been parroted by the media. That video is a series of quotes taken out of context to mislead people. It's actually depressing just to live in a country where this is considered acceptable.

A proper radical left wing cadre should do what is right not worry about what people think. Looking forward to a re-energising of a politics of inclusion and some home truths. Do you think Trotsky, Lenin and Che sat around worrying about what people think? You tell people what to think and if they ain't thinking the right thinkings they disappear in the night and their children get little tin badges for making the call.

Edited by Park Life

The Telegraph man. It was funny earlier, the Guardian ran a series of direct, attributed quotes from union members that had been there today and were full of praise. Then they ran a tweet from a Telegraph journalist who just said "Just spoke to one union member who said that that was fucking awful." :lol:

4 days in and it's clear he needs a spin doctor. The press aren't going to give up and unless he fights back 99% of the country are daft enough to believe the lies. He needs to have the bigger picture in mind and if relaxing some of his principles now helps him to get in power and effect change on the world stage then so be it