The Labour Leadership Campaign

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubted how effective it would be. They normally demonise wealthy celebs or flip-flopping politicians without principle all of who play the game. No matter how unfair the treatment they get, no matter whether they've been hacked or whatever there's always that perception that it's what they've signed up for.

I thought with the principle Corbyn has shown the public would side with him against the media. It's not close to the Milly Dowler situation but on the same track, I thought that I would see public opinion turn on the papers rather than Corbyn because he's a decent, honest bloke doing his best for the worst off in society and if they went at him the public would feel more sympathy for him, so the papers would have to be a bit cleverer about how they go about bringing him down.

That was until i came to work this morning and a few of the grads were saying how they had googled Corbyn last night to see what he was about and had decided he's a complete lunatic, so it's working perfectly.

:(

If he moves forward with the idea of scrapping tuition fees, and continues to apologise for Labour's part in saddling a generation with debt, they'll soon change their opinion about him.

Anyway, Facebook is now gonna have a dislike button, so we all have a tool to combat the morons with. :lol: This is what modern technology has done to us. The brave few fighting the Battle of Button.

The Treasury have issued Osborne's response to the unemployment figure. Obviously he mentions the threat from those at home who threaten our economic SECURITY. But he also mentions the threat from those that wish to privatise our industry.

They've now issued a correction. Let's see the Sun jump on this gaffe.

I read an article in the Guardian the other day that stated that all those who support Corbyn need to be prepared to defend him on all fronts and to actively engage in countering the propaganda...

Not really sure how to do that in truth, beyond just arguing with CT :(

I suppose it's important to highlight the lies whenever they come up, but probably to do so in a non-obnoxious way so that people actually pay attention. The issue remains that too many people are idiots though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34267886

So here is the chatter: that one or a number of the New Labour Blairite ultras could cross the floor to the Tories, because of their personal relationship with Osborne - to whom they feel closer, in a political and social sense, than they do to Labour's new leader, Jeremy Corbyn.

Osborne mixes in the same modish London metrosexual and metropolitan elite circles as them. He takes their calls, responds to their emails, and is fully abreast of their current agony.

And they admire him. More than once I've been told, by a couple of their gang, that Osborne is the most impressive politician of the moment.

How depressing

His belief or my reaction? Seriously find this guy frustrating. I completely agree with him on many, many issues but vehemently oppose him on so many others. On balance I don't think I can vote for him though.

So, I've just found out Corbyn believes in homeopathy. He's officially qualified himself as an idiot in my eyes. I'm out.

Blair believed in God - that would officially qualify him as an idiot in the eyes of many.

Also, you weren't even 'in' for Corbyn in the first place :lol:

Blair believed in God - that would officially qualify him as an idiot in the eyes of many.

Also, you weren't even 'in' for Corbyn in the first place :lol:

I've been more involved than the Labour party than most on here though. Belief in homeopathy us an anathema to a pharmacologist like myself.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34267886

So here is the chatter: that one or a number of the New Labour Blairite ultras could cross the floor to the Tories, because of their personal relationship with Osborne - to whom they feel closer, in a political and social sense, than they do to Labour's new leader, Jeremy Corbyn.

Osborne mixes in the same modish London metrosexual and metropolitan elite circles as them. He takes their calls, responds to their emails, and is fully abreast of their current agony.

And they admire him. More than once I've been told, by a couple of their gang, that Osborne is the most impressive politician of the moment.

Actually quite interesting. I've never heard anyone describe Osborne in a positive light, so that would be an intruiging step by the Blairites... it'd kill the division within Labour as well, so wouldn't be all bad.