Are you glad we went down?

Kevin

After seeing the thread about this day last year i thought am i glad we went down? It had some great pluses because it meant we got rid of the shit, grew as a group and got some stability around the club. We were also walking on ice for a few seasons and im rather happy that ice broke 365 days ago. We've had a great season (bearing in mind in the 2nd division) and i feel we have a great chance of staying up, bigger chance than Blackpool and West Brom aswell, Wolves will also have a tough time. So overall im happy relegation happened because it had some good advantages. What do you think?

After seeing the thread about this day last year i thought am i glad we went down? It had some great pluses because it meant we got rid of the shit, grew as a group and got some stability around the club. We were also walking on ice for a few seasons and im rather happy that ice broke 365 days ago. We've had a great season (bearing in mind in the 2nd division) and i feel we have a great chance of staying up, bigger chance than Blackpool and West Brom aswell, Wolves will also have a tough time. So overall im happy relegation happened because it had some good advantages. What do you think?

we're more in debt than we were 12 months ago, its just owed to a different person

if you think we wont have a tough season you're kidding yourself

remains to be seen

oh and overall, no I'm not, with some strong management all the things we "achieved" in the CCC could have happened in the PL

Edited by Andrew

The only good that could have come from it was the fat cunt selling up - that hasn't happened and in fact it may have firmed up his intention to stay and bury us further into the tar pits of history.

But a few people who don't know any better thought beating Scunthorpe et al was enjoyable so I'm obviously wrong.

Fucking ecstatic.

People talked about us going down as a good thing to try and restart the club, or whatever. Getting rid of Ashley, Lambiase, Owen, Barton, Viduka, Collo etc. And starting anew with Shearer at the helm and Bassong, habib, Etc.

We are much worse off now than we were.

Several teams are now lightyears ahead of where we want to be, and unless the fat cernt realises the team needs serious investment then the premier league will be like swimming through shark infested waters whilst wearing a chum belt.

I'm cockahoop that we went down.

To say "i was glad to see us get relegated" is fuckin pathetic man!

That said though, i was one of few who did see the positives outwaying the negatives, one was that FMA mite actually sell up which unfortunatly didnt turn to fruitition.

All the other things i expected did happen though.

We got rid of most of the dead wood but more importantly the mercenary cunts who were happy picking up ther inflated wages to match their inflated ego's.

We reduced the wage bill to almost half.

We gave oppertunities to a few young lads to establish themselves ie Kadar and Carroll.

Carroll showing his goalscoring ability IS there contrary to what alot believed.

We got some much needed stability.

And we have a squad which WANTS to play for our club and each other.

Yes the negatives are still there, FMA, and increased debt and on paper a more inferior squad BUT i do think relegation has done us the world of good.

It was a wake up call, a point of realisation and a chance to wipe the slate clean and start again.

But hey...thats all in the past now, im fed up of talkin and hearin about it tbh....i just want to enjoy the WC and see what our club does in the summer and look forward to next season although we all know its not going to be easy.

For the record...The squad we have now, with no additions CAN keep us up, just, with a bit of luck, but im still confident of us getting 3-4 new faces through the doors.

No, I wasn't happy to see us relegated, but I am happy for the things that has happened after that to be honest. Well it would have been great if we had stayed up last season in the premier league and shown the same stability and team spirit and finished anywhere between 6'th - 12'th. :D

Set us back years, we've bounced straight back but it could have so easily gone massively wrong a la Leeds, Sheff Wed, Charlton, Southampton..

By the looks of it we could ourselves become whipping boys in this division if we fail to bring players in (seriously, lets not kid ourselves that suddenly because we're back in the top flight it'll be business as usual, not with this squad.) So no, I'm not glad we went down.

I was gutted at the time and I can't see us doing any better this time round.

but it did clear some dead wood and a lot of 'murkiness' surrounding the club (after all we've gone through I actually liked NUFC being ignored a little bit.)

I'd also rather have done without the numerous youtube videos, banners hung off bridges and repainted shop front-type tomfoolery from the mackems, but I suppose maybe they'll have got most of it out of their system next time we go down. T

Not one sane fan could be happy that we went down. As other have said it has set us way back behind a number of (mediocre) clubs, put us further into debt and now we apparently have no money to try and bridge the gap.

That said I did enjoy a season of winning games home and away even though the football was far from scintilating (at least until we got the two wingers playing with Gutherie in the middle) and most of the teams seemed embarassingly inferior (at home at least).

I've hardly given a fuck about the football on the field in 6 years.

We've not looked like we'll be in the running for anything important at any point since Souness got the job....apart from a few games at the start of 08/09 where I thought it might be the start of something and was sadly misguided.

I can't see us being in the running for anything 6 years from now either, so relegation has achieved exactly fuck all apart from increasing the debt and making it harder for Ashley to get out with a return on his investment.

There's not a player that left the club who we wouldn't have got rid of if we stayed up, so you're delusional if you think it's relegation that's stabilised the wage bill.

Edited by Happy Face