Good job we've got Defoe.

I can't describe the face i pulled when i read that :icon_lol:

He's nee Leon Best or Kevin Doyle like.

Guest The Three Lions
David Platt: 62 caps, 27 goals

Wayne Rooney: 63 caps, 25 goals

Platty was pretty lethal for England.

Borin voice though.

and so the answer to this question was a defiant no. What on earth happened to him, didn't look unfit to me as some are saying, he didn't see much of the ball due to most of the other players playing shit as well but his work rate compared to his usual Man U performances wasn't there which I find very odd.

Edited by TicTacWoe

The number of times he’s chosen to shoot when he should have passed in this tournament is a disgrace.

You could tell Rooney was frustrated as he'd go ages without the ball and when it did land at his feet he'd feel the need to "make his mark", fuck up and then not see it again for 5 minutes

He looked unfit to me.

His touch was appalling.

HUGE disappointment.

This, in a nutshell.

I wonder if present-day players have had it drummed into them by their club managers that the clubs are much more important than playing for their country. That the clubs are their bread & butter and the Champions League is better than international football. In short, that playing for England aint all that.

On a side note, Champions league is better quality than the WC in my opinion

completely agree, this is a lot to do with the fact the best players in the world are from a much wider number of countries now so the best international teams are rarely as good as the best club teams added to the fact that the international squads don't play with each other week in week out.

i never thought rooney would as shite as he has been. that's two world cups he hasn't turned up for now. at least last time he had the excuse of being unfit.

Edited by Dr Gloom

That's what I'm saying. That in the past representing your country was the pinnacle of your career, now players that have 30+ Champions League appearances look down on it.

That's what I'm saying. That in the past representing your country was the pinnacle of your career, now players that have 30+ Champions League appearances look down on it.

To be fair though, I still think that winning a World Cup is considered completing a career. Like, everyone is saying Messi wont be considered a legend until he leads Argentina to a World Cup, like Maradona did

He looked unfit to me.

His touch was appalling.

HUGE disappointment.

A few of the side didn't look fit. Barry looks nowhere near full match fitness. If we were going to do anything we needed players fully fit and near top form.

for once I hate being proved right................. but then the whole lot could hardly scrape up a goal between them - hugely disapointing

He's lost that spark, the edge he used to have. He never goes on mazy runs anymore or really runs at people.

His game used to be all about pace, movement, unpredictability and flair. He might be a better team player now - as well as being more refined, but he's not the maverick we saw as an 18 year old.

He's also lost a yard or two of pace as well. He's still class, but I much preferred his playing style as an 18 year old.

:D