Pub by a river

Christmas Tree

Guest The Three Lions
Still open to suggestions btw.

Heres a picture of the trout inn, oxford to give an idea of the sort of thing im after. Even settle for a lovely beer garden with a babbling brook or lake.

Layer-243_800x600.jpg

Looked at a few pictures of the boathouse wylam but it doesnt seem to be by the river, as such.

Thinking of heading off to Northumberland today either Rothbury or Hexham way so any suggestions up that way would be mucho appreciated.

I'll have another look at that George place to see if that fits the bill as well.

It's 10 seconds sprint over the lines from the river.

There's one in Washington I used to frequent when I was going out with someone from over there about 10 years ago which over looked the Wear, I forget what it's called now. Hate to admit it but it was rather nice.

Still open to suggestions btw.

Heres a picture of the trout inn, oxford to give an idea of the sort of thing im after. Even settle for a lovely beer garden with a babbling brook or lake.

Layer-243_800x600.jpg

Looked at a few pictures of the boathouse wylam but it doesnt seem to be by the river, as such.

Thinking of heading off to Northumberland today either Rothbury or Hexham way so any suggestions up that way would be mucho appreciated.

I'll have another look at that George place to see if that fits the bill as well.

It's about 50 yards from the river but is on the main road - good beers though and Wylam has 3 other boozers which can be decent. Then once you've had a few and you fancy a bit of a rumble tyou can hop on the train to Prudhoe for black eye Friday.

;)

Typed in "riverside pubs northumberland"

The Elk's Head

Whitfield

Northumberland

England

NE47 8HD. In the West Allen valley, which is beautiful- 20 odd minutes west of Hexham

Might be worth a punt?

The Elk's Head

Whitfield

Northumberland

England

NE47 8HD. In the West Allen valley, which is beautiful- 20 odd minutes west of Hexham

Might be worth a punt?

Had a look at that but cant really find much about it, even their website doesnt work anymore. It also gets a poor write up in Eddys Eats, the Sunday Sun.

Below is the Eddy Eats website which lists lots of pubs in all sorts of regions.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/eddy-eats/

I'm still unsure where to go today but will report back on any treasures found during my travels.

The Elk's Head

Whitfield

Northumberland

England

Might be worth a punt?

http://www.petersen-stainless.co.uk/blb/index.html

Again not really that close to the river but a quality summer boozer all the same.

Gorgeous day out today at a little place called Stokesly about 7 miles outside Middlesbrough on the edge of the North York moors.

Friday is market day, Saturday farmers market and its a lovely little town with some nice shops, pubs and a beautiful river running just off the main street.

Highly recommend it for a nice afternoon out but make sure you set aside an hour or so for stickleback fishing.

stokesly004.jpg

stokesly026.jpg

This shop amused me ;)

stokesly029.jpg

Can I just add that Eddy Eats has to be the worst food critic ever. No wonder the North East has such a preponderance of shit eateries when that fatty is the food critic of the regions leading sunday paper.

Can I just add that Eddy Eats has to be the worst food critic ever. No wonder the North East has such a preponderance of shit eateries when that fatty is the food critic of the regions leading sunday paper.

;)

Aye.

Same could be said for the entire rag mind.

Isn't Stokesly where all the Smog players live?

Ahhh, the Riverbar. Along with it's neighbours the Biddick and the Havelock Arms, it was the scene of all my underage drinking. Happy days :angry:

Swan & Three Cygnets‎, beside Elvet Bridge in Durham was always nice back in the day...

Aye, that used to be our starting point for a bank holiday all dayer. They'd open a door and let you take your pint right out by the river. Could get insanely busy though and there's only room for three staff to serve so things got a bit narkey. All their drink is independant stuff, iirc. Even down to the lemonade and coke, no Coca Cola or Pepsi stuff.

:angry:

Aye.

Most of 'em are in Yarm. Stokesley and Great Ayton are nice too though. If fact there are a few lovely villages with decent pubs on the road between Stokesley and Northallerton. Carlton-in-Cleveland, Swainby, places like that.

:angry:

Aye.

Most of 'em are in Yarm. Stokesley and Great Ayton are nice too though. If fact there are a few lovely villages with decent pubs on the road between Stokesley and Northallerton. Carlton-in-Cleveland, Swainby, places like that.

Swainsby's lovely. Sister used to live their for a while and I bought my border collie from a farm their <_<

swainby.jpg

• 1 year later...

Pubs near rivers av been in yesterday and today....

adameveprudhoe.jpg

AE62BDEF-C94B-FAFD-D7556ADFD0B43681.jpg

1091521_665862a0.jpg

I've been on the drink 4 days running, hit a brick wall nuw like, but its been good, and I look brown as I've been for ages.

4 days is about my limit too like.

Once went to a gig with a mate -he came to stay at my place in York for a few days to see Kelly Jones play. We went out 3 days in a row, proper 4 am jobs, getting wrecked every night, come the fourth - the night of the gig we were totally fucked but we got through it.

I didn't touch a drop for ages after that.

AE62BDEF-C94B-FAFD-D7556ADFD0B43681.jpg

Thinking of heading there next weekend, actually.

It was heaving yesterday like the scran bit. I don't think its meals are that nice tbh, but the beer is fuckin spot on, and the people are proper friendly when you're not breaking their furniture that is.