Why are people so sensitive?

Guest The Three Lions

Guest The Three Lions
Could be she's delighting in the controversy just because she's new in the company and it could kind of define her. I'm guessing you have, but it might be worth taking her aside the next time you're around and apologise for causing offence. Even if the apology simply serves to placate someone who's a bit of a drama queen?

Just make sure you do it in person. I wouldn't apologise like. I'd pretend it never happened.

Aye but if he's rarely in the office and she's one of those people she could spread stuff about him when he's not there; paint him as a fully paid up member of the Klan. If Stevie heads it off at the pass, acts contrite he's covered himself.

I think you're over analysing it. Particularly if it never happened.

Oh dear.

I'm going to ignore it, hopefully she pipes down.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be she's delighting in the controversy just because she's new in the company and it could kind of define her. I'm guessing you have, but it might be worth taking her aside the next time you're around and apologise for causing offence. Even if the apology simply serves to placate someone who's a bit of a drama queen?

Just make sure you do it in person. I wouldn't apologise like. I'd pretend it never happened.

Aye but if he's rarely in the office and she's one of those people she could spread stuff about him when he's not there; paint him as a fully paid up member of the Klan. If Stevie heads it off at the pass, acts contrite he's covered himself.

Oh dear.

Banter!

Ah right, mine is a different application but it has an option to prevent chat transcripts being saved, which can come in handy.

Doesn't prevent them taking a screenshot though.

Oh dear.

I'm going to ignore it, hopefully she pipes down.

We have a new lass in our company who used to go out with a jewish boyfriend, she works on my team. She's canny enough but she's doing my head in now.

We have a message system like msn, and I've been helping her with gas engineers, contracts managers and directors, helping her understand what constitutes a good one and a bad ones we can promote to clients. So I gave her a really good gas engineer to do a write up for, she comes back at me "he has no gas experience", I said "look at his CV for fuck sake, are you radge, he's got more gas experience than the krauts in the early 40's". Now as soon as I said it I thought well slightly tasteless but meant in good terms, just a laugh, she comes back at me saying her ex boyfriend was jewish blah blah blah, that was yesterday and she's still going on about it today. I wasn't being racist, it was just an off the cuff comment. Fuckin PC has this country ravaged.

Personally, that would make me laugh, but I'd have to get to know someone before I said that. You never know how some people are.

Guest The Three Lions
Ah right, mine is a different application but it has an option to prevent chat transcripts being saved, which can come in handy.

Doesn't prevent them taking a screenshot though.

On ours you can clear the chat screen but if you dont it keeps rollingon forever and I don't know if they're automatically saved or not.

I would take it as an indication she wants fucked tbh, I mean why else would anyone keep going on about something so petty. You're gonna miss the boat here stevie unless you pull your finger out bud.

Edited by Wacky Jnr

Stevie if you get into bother over this at work, you could just link them to this forum and show them that it was just a one off.

Edited by Jonny2J

Holocaust jokes aren't funny, Anne frankly I wont stand for them myself.

:lol:

stolen from a FB group.

you sure you werent stolen from a FB group yourself?

positive.

stolen from a FB group.

fucking hell that jokes been around a lot longer than facebook kevin

stolen from a FB group.

fucking hell that jokes been around a lot longer than facebook kevin

Aye but I'm beginning to think Kevin hasn't :D