Tom Cleverley

Kevin

Alright lads, how are we all this fine evening :(?

I happen to know that Tom Cleverley has happily agreed to sign with us for the season. I was right about ol' James Perch.

Watch this space, eh :D

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway, as I was saying to my friend a few hours ago..

Is there any point in following football if it is going to make you so utterly miserable?

What's wrong with trying to make the best of a shit situation? It doesn't mean you have to like Ashley or not think he is a complete fuckwit.

Fact is he owns us and it's going to be pretty shit, it also isn't going to change any time soon and those who seem to "not have their heads stuck in the sand" don't seem to be doing much about it other than not shopping in Sports Direct, which if we are being honest isn't a hardship considering the state of the place/their goods.

Cheer up huh? As said, lets just try and make the most of it because there is nothing we can do that will change it. Loaning people like this isn't ideal, under the old regime we would be signing players instead of loaning them (ignore Rossi for a moment) but that's gone now and Cleverley will improve the squad/team so there is a positive if we do get him.

Not sure where Cleverly would play, would we drop Guti or Routledge

exactly !

this lad is not going to get game time imo so why sign him ?

whether anyone likes it or not CH WILL play Smith and Barton and Nolan. So where do Gosling and Cleverley fit in ??

I accept he will improve the team but it comes down to pride in my opinion.

I don't think Newcastle should be helping to develop Man U players. I would rather not have him and suffer the consequences.

As I said in another thread it just shows how Ashley has effectively lowered expectations to such an extent that we are happy to develop young players for more ambitious clubs in the knowledge that if they turn out to be any good we won't hang onto them for very long.

I don't think Newcastle should be helping to develop Man U players. I would rather not have him and suffer the consequences.

As I said in another thread it just shows how Ashley has effectively lowered expectations to such an extent that we are happy to develop young players for more ambitious clubs in the knowledge that if they turn out to be any good we won't hang onto them for very long.

No different to when we signed Giuseppe Rossi under the previous board.

No different to when we signed Giuseppe Rossi under the previous board.

of course it it. As I said elsewhere, the manager at the time had a decent budget for quality players, in his opinion, and spent it along with scouting for other players, now the manager is restricted to cheap/loans/over the hill players only.

4 years further down the line, do you think Mike Ashley is going to give Hughton 15m quid to spend on players without question, and if not then why not ? When he does this, even allowing for the fact that prices are higher, then and only then can you compare the 2 situations.

Absolutely, no question. We were attempting to compete and beat ManU previously, now we are a nursery club and it is unbelievably being accepted by some. We have stepped back 20 years under Mike Ashley, and it seems some supporters attitudes and expectations have also done the same.

Kevin Keegan must be in total despair, that the expectations he raised backed by the directors which lasted for 15 years, have sank back to the levels they were when he played for the club again.

Is there any point in following football if it is going to make you so utterly miserable?

What's wrong with trying to make the best of a shit situation? It doesn't mean you have to like Ashley or not think he is a complete fuckwit.

Fact is he owns us and it's going to be pretty shit, it also isn't going to change any time soon and those who seem to "not have their heads stuck in the sand" don't seem to be doing much about it other than not shopping in Sports Direct, which if we are being honest isn't a hardship considering the state of the place/their goods.

Cheer up huh? As said, lets just try and make the most of it because there is nothing we can do that will change it. Loaning people like this isn't ideal, under the old regime we would be signing players instead of loaning them (ignore Rossi for a moment) but that's gone now and Cleverley will improve the squad/team so there is a positive if we do get him.

was that you who said that :icon_lol:

The first thing everyone should be doing is not accepting the shit storm we're in. Laying down and saying "shit on me please" only makes it worse.

As it is I think this is a good loan signing but loans arent the way to build a team.

Loans are a way to build a team. Gives us a better player for a year, means money can be spent else were on re-building.

Loans are not for established teams which at the moment we are not. Its where we should be and Mike Ashley will have to go before it happens.

Edited by khay

was that you who said that :icon_lol:

Ofcourse :icon_lol:

Kevin Keegan must be in total despair, that the expectations he raised backed by the directors which lasted for 15 years, have sank back to the levels they were when he played for the club again.

Has there been a day in your life for which you've not looked for a way to praise the old board?