Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

About a week ago I was over at NO for the first time in years. Didn't take me many minutes to stumble on some classic CT drivel. He argues that we should send Ben Arfa out on loan. When questioned about this he says something like "don't forget that a loan was how we got him in the first place". Cracking argument that.

Furthermore, he doesn't rate Jonas this season. :lol:

He reallys seems to be hated over there.

:lol: Okay, tried sitting on my hands and chanting dont do it, dont do it. ......but I'll bite.

My point about Ben Arfa was as follows.

This was his big move, his chance to prove to all his detractors that he could still do it and do it consistently without all the bad boy antics. Obviously it hasnt gone well, he's had a year out and is struggling to break into a team that is doing very well. The scenario I was discussing was whether he would be happy, (given his ego and the ticking clock, point to prove etc ) spending the season as a bit part player.

Or whether frustration would set in and he would engineer a move away, initially on loan, as he did to get here. A simple point that even a simpleton such as yourself should have been able to grapple with. :rolleyes:

With regard to Jonas, he's brilliant if you like having two left backs (which has been handy at times), but his attacking game has all but dried up, leaving the burden on Obertan's shoulders. His work rate is magnificent but he needs to get forward. If Pardew can somehow get him doing both (and we have end product :wink2: , the he will be a great addition to the team.

Aaaah, thats better. :icon_lol:

I guess I shouldn't reply, we'll end up with a cringeworthy thread like that one over at NO, but what the hell...

"Obviously it hasnt gone well", WTF do you mean? He was great when he came here, then he broke his leg ffs! He's getting better and better, has shown some good stuff already. He's a unique player at this club, we have a lot of hard working players, Ben Arfa has the potential to be the icing on the cake. Our squad is paper-thin, sending out our most skillful player on loan, aye that's a good idea...

I take it reading is a problem for you :D

Reading is not the problem with many posters on here. It is more an issue with comprehension.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CT was negative about Jonas and not exactly convinced by Ben Arfa on here so I see no inconsistency with what he posted on here. He is not liked on NO because most of them have their tongues right up little Dave's arse and from day 1, little Dave was a cunt to him. He was a cunt because of what he said on here which was mainly coloured by a positive outlook and a reactionary position to the incessant and ultimately erroneous negativity on here. I believe this season has fully vindicated CT's views and proved 90% of this board and 60% of the midget's board wrong. The club is moving in the right direction and I firmly believe that Ben Arfa will prove to be a big success here. To deny that's a point of debate given what's happened makes you a mug. I follow the thread on there and there are literally 20 posters who clearly see themselves as footballing geniuses but rarely even construct an argument nevermind a persuasive one.

I thought CT's comments about Jonas at Stoke were stupid but the reality is that a poster under-scoring a players performance literally led to little children reacting well, like little children really. Like watching a playground conflict.

They were and having re-watched the match without beer goggles I ate humble pie and conceded he put in a great shift.

Great that he can do that when needed but needs to also be an attacking threat which hasnt been there of late and is desperately needed, particularly with ongoing instability on the right.

About a week ago I was over at NO for the first time in years. Didn't take me many minutes to stumble on some classic CT drivel. He argues that we should send Ben Arfa out on loan. When questioned about this he says something like "don't forget that a loan was how we got him in the first place". Cracking argument that.

:lol: Okay, tried sitting on my hands and chanting dont do it, dont do it. ......but I'll bite.

This was his big move, his chance to prove to all his detractors that he could still do it and do it consistently without all the bad boy antics. Obviously it hasnt gone well, he's had a year out and is struggling to break into a team that is doing very well. The scenario I was discussing was whether he would be happy, (given his ego and the ticking clock, point to prove etc ) spending the season as a bit part player.

Or whether frustration would set in and he would engineer a move away, initially on loan, as he did to get here. A simple point that even a simpleton such as yourself should have been able to grapple with. :rolleyes:

With regard to Jonas, he's brilliant if you like having two left backs (which has been handy at times), but his attacking game has all but dried up, leaving the burden on Obertan's shoulders. His work rate is magnificent but he needs to get forward. If Pardew can somehow get him doing both (and we have end product :wink2: , the he will be a great addition to the team.

I guess I shouldn't reply, we'll end up with a cringeworthy thread like that one over at NO, but what the hell...

"Obviously it hasnt gone well", WTF do you mean? He was great when he came here, then he broke his leg ffs! He's getting better and better, has shown some good stuff already. He's a unique player at this club, we have a lot of hard working players, Ben Arfa has the potential to be the icing on the cake. Our squad is paper-thin, sending out our most skillful player on loan, aye that's a good idea...

Reading is not the problem with many posters on here. It is more an issue with comprehension.

Oh no! Not the c-word! :icon_lol:

CT is Leazes!!

Argh!

CT is Leazes!!

Argh!

Love how they work in shifts.

Leazes yesterday afternoon, CT this afternoon, who will appear tomorrow afternoon talking utter shit and take an awful raping?

Edited by Happy Face

CT is Leazes!!

Argh!

Love how they work in shifts.

Leazes yesterday afternoon, CT this afternoon, who will appear tomorrow afternoon talking utter shit and take an awful raping?

:dunno:

CBA to quote but you said Ben Arfa is still struggling for fitness so you suggested we send him out on loan. I agree he's struggling for fitness but think we're doing the right thing atm and that when he's back, he'll be a hugely vital figure, rather than him being a hugely vital figure elsewhere. You can point out how my reply has nothing to do with your point in your own time, CT.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

Baggio getting bogged down in a Stalingradesque debate as winter moves in... :lol:

"I think he's a very talented player that can have a big role for us, you may be surprised to hear that with the strawman arguments his fans have attempted to build up but if you read back through at no time have I ever said he isn't any good.

The doubts I have are as follows...

He will improve the current team: People seem to think all we have to do is select him over Best and we will become an even better side which I don't see as being the case.

One of the main reasons we are where we are in the league is down to the amount of work our players put in when we don't have the ball, we're not playing teams off the park by any stretch of the imagination but we are putting a ridiculous amount of effort in closing down and tracking back when we don't have the ball, a good example of this is when I posted on Saturday about Ba not having the best of games but he still put the work in and that is the same for all of our midfield and attack recently, we've seen with Cabaye that he hasn't been up to his high standards lately that he set at the beginning of the season but he's still putting plenty of work in covering the pitch and the same goes for Ba, Best, Tiote and Jonas.

Ben Arfa is different in that he's not going to graft but he's technically more gifted than anyone else in our attack, that's great when he's up to speed and if he settles into the team but at the moment he isn't which makes me think he could end up being a passenger which we can't afford to have, this opinion is backed up by people who watched the Blackburn game that he started and was anonymous for large parts of it apparently.

People bring up how long Coloccini and Enrique took to settle in before finding their best form but the difference now is that we have a very good alternative in Best and Ba that have formed a good partnership, back then if we didn't play Colo we had Taylor who was equally poor and N'Zogbia to cover Enrique, I would hate to throw away our current position by attempting to get a player that isn't up to speed and might not be any time soon.

Partnership with Ba: The second problem I have is the potential partnership with Ba, I think people presume that Ba is a target man type but I don't see this as being the case and at West Ham and before coming to England he's played in more a withdrawn role, a role he continues to play here with great success (15 goals in 22 Premiership games) so how do him and Ben Arfa play in a withdrawn position unless we're going with 3 up top? People have suggested that Ba could play more of a target man role but when he's been as successful as all but a few in front of goal playing this role why should he change to accommodate someone?

So not only do I think he lacks the work ethic for this current team but I think him playing in a number 10 role with Ba could leave the whole attack imbalanced, all this while he' clearly not up to speed anyway.

Team player?: In the 10 appearances he's made since he's been here for me he's looked anything but a team player which I think is important for anyone playing in the number 10 role, we've heard people compliment him on his dribbling skills and such but how many occasions can you say he was an important factor in making something happen for someone else since he's been here? That's not having a go at the lad but it's a pretty obvious thing to notice and something that he can get away with more out wide than when he's relied on to be the heartbeat of the team.

People have said that it's because of a lack of options in front of him but if he is going to play that role then it's only going to be Ba there the majority of the time anyway, he's going to find himself in plenty of similar situations like he did against Everton but is he going to continue to play for himself instead of others like a VDV would?

I know people think I'm being harsh on the lad as he's been out injured so long but I don't think I am, if people were not demanding him being in the starting line up up top now then I'd happily give him his cameo's to get up to speed like I am with Gosling, however if he is going to have a starting place for us then I expect better than what we've seen so far and I don't care how long he's been out either, like I said if he's not performing he's a luxury that I don't think we can carry and maintain our current form at the same time.

Long term I think he's going to struggle to get in up top, not because of Best as I don't think Pardew rates him that highly but I see whichever striker he buys if it's Maiga or whoever I see it with a view of linking up with Ba, our biggest goal threat by some distance, so what I'd like to see is HBA played out on the right which will give him his chance to get his fitness back and then for us to buy a solid right back (OMG Santon is a right back etc) that is happy to sit and cover leaving HBA to have a more free role out wide, someone like Onuoha would be great for the role.

So to summarise I don't think Ben Arfa is s****, I also don't think him having one good game, scoring a great goal like he did against Everton or getting an assist would have proven me wrong which some are building their straw men to mean, it's about looking at the bigger picture and seeing if the form of the team improves or drops off over a longer period than that."

Edited by Park Life

Baggio getting bogged down in a Stalingradesque debate as winter moves in... :lol:

"I think he's a very talented player that can have a big role for us, you may be surprised to hear that with the strawman arguments his fans have attempted to build up but if you read back through at no time have I ever said he isn't any good.

The doubts I have are as follows...

He will improve the current team: People seem to think all we have to do is select him over Best and we will become an even better side which I don't see as being the case.

One of the main reasons we are where we are in the league is down to the amount of work our players put in when we don't have the ball, we're not playing teams off the park by any stretch of the imagination but we are putting a ridiculous amount of effort in closing down and tracking back when we don't have the ball, a good example of this is when I posted on Saturday about Ba not having the best of games but he still put the work in and that is the same for all of our midfield and attack recently, we've seen with Cabaye that he hasn't been up to his high standards lately that he set at the beginning of the season but he's still putting plenty of work in covering the pitch and the same goes for Ba, Best, Tiote and Jonas.

Ben Arfa is different in that he's not going to graft but he's technically more gifted than anyone else in our attack, that's great when he's up to speed and if he settles into the team but at the moment he isn't which makes me think he could end up being a passenger which we can't afford to have, this opinion is backed up by people who watched the Blackburn game that he started and was anonymous for large parts of it apparently.

People bring up how long Coloccini and Enrique took to settle in before finding their best form but the difference now is that we have a very good alternative in Best and Ba that have formed a good partnership, back then if we didn't play Colo we had Taylor who was equally poor and N'Zogbia to cover Enrique, I would hate to throw away our current position by attempting to get a player that isn't up to speed and might not be any time soon.

Partnership with Ba: The second problem I have is the potential partnership with Ba, I think people presume that Ba is a target man type but I don't see this as being the case and at West Ham and before coming to England he's played in more a withdrawn role, a role he continues to play here with great success (15 goals in 22 Premiership games) so how do him and Ben Arfa play in a withdrawn position unless we're going with 3 up top? People have suggested that Ba could play more of a target man role but when he's been as successful as all but a few in front of goal playing this role why should he change to accommodate someone?

So not only do I think he lacks the work ethic for this current team but I think him playing in a number 10 role with Ba could leave the whole attack imbalanced, all this while he' clearly not up to speed anyway.

Team player?: In the 10 appearances he's made since he's been here for me he's looked anything but a team player which I think is important for anyone playing in the number 10 role, we've heard people compliment him on his dribbling skills and such but how many occasions can you say he was an important factor in making something happen for someone else since he's been here? That's not having a go at the lad but it's a pretty obvious thing to notice and something that he can get away with more out wide than when he's relied on to be the heartbeat of the team.

People have said that it's because of a lack of options in front of him but if he is going to play that role then it's only going to be Ba there the majority of the time anyway, he's going to find himself in plenty of similar situations like he did against Everton but is he going to continue to play for himself instead of others like a VDV would?

I know people think I'm being harsh on the lad as he's been out injured so long but I don't think I am, if people were not demanding him being in the starting line up up top now then I'd happily give him his cameo's to get up to speed like I am with Gosling, however if he is going to have a starting place for us then I expect better than what we've seen so far and I don't care how long he's been out either, like I said if he's not performing he's a luxury that I don't think we can carry and maintain our current form at the same time.

Long term I think he's going to struggle to get in up top, not because of Best as I don't think Pardew rates him that highly but I see whichever striker he buys if it's Maiga or whoever I see it with a view of linking up with Ba, our biggest goal threat by some distance, so what I'd like to see is HBA played out on the right which will give him his chance to get his fitness back and then for us to buy a solid right back (OMG Santon is a right back etc) that is happy to sit and cover leaving HBA to have a more free role out wide, someone like Onuoha would be great for the role.

So to summarise I don't think Ben Arfa is s****, I also don't think him having one good game, scoring a great goal like he did against Everton or getting an assist would have proven me wrong which some are building their straw men to mean, it's about looking at the bigger picture and seeing if the form of the team improves or drops off over a longer period than that."

Its an excellent post tbf

Bafra will probably be getting a run of games if these injuries don't clear up soon.

Hasn't had the chance to show what he can really do at full fitness. He'll prove to be a quality player for us, and we'll then be able to sell him on to the bin dippers for £20 million so Fat Mike can drink a bottle of Don Perignon from CT's ass crack.