Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

Aye. Nice to be genuinely excited as to how the new team will link up.

It's like I'm in some parallel universe where Toon fans are actually happy about something for once.

plenty of gorgeous midfield domination......no-one up front to make anything of it.

balance restored :lol:

I know having a hint of optimism isn't generally accepted on here as well, but fuck it, I can't wait to see him on the pitch at SJP again. :lol:

Damn straight..

That pass to tee up Best when he was bearing down on goal gave me goosebumps. What a cracking player he is. Really hope we can hang on to him for a few seasons.

Dont forget Jonas's part in the build up. Brilliant play all round!

I think the relief I am feeling is he looks the same player before the injury. Obviously he will take that bit of time getting match sharpness back however he has been looking good in games. It's a true credit to him and the staff around him to get him back playing after such a serious injury.

I also think his injury will have done something to his attitude towards the game as it will probably make him appreciate his career that little bit more. I think we are going to get the best out of Ben Arfa!

I think the relief I am feeling is he looks the same player before the injury. Obviously he will take that bit of time getting match sharpness back however he has been looking good in games. It's a true credit to him and the staff around him to get him back playing after such a serious injury.

I also think his injury will have done something to his attitude towards the game as it will probably make him appreciate his career that little bit more. I think we are going to get the best out of Ben Arfa!

Yeah given how much time he's had out from the game it was quite remarkable the way he slotted back in and looked at the pace of the game (or ahead of it) immediately. Was more or less the perfect game to bring him back in.. Wolves up next on the other hand.... Definitely from the bench again and only put him back out there pending the way the thugs are playing and the way the game is going. Can't wrap him in cotton wool, but can try to ease him back in responsibly.

Yeah given how much time he's had out from the game it was quite remarkable the way he slotted back in and looked at the pace of the game (or ahead of it) immediately. Was more or less the perfect game to bring him back in.. Wolves up next on the other hand.... Definitely from the bench again and only put him back out there pending the way the thugs are playing and the way the game is going. Can't wrap him in cotton wool, but can try to ease him back in responsibly.

Exactly ... Beware the 'Kelvin'!

Canal + feature last night on us, some french bird on NO (who has clearly learnt some English words by posting on there) summarises...

They have been asked why they went to Newcastle, a town with 14°in september lol

Showed the incredible reception for HBA, even Cabaye said it was very nice for him ! (really class it was, i thought)

All the Frenchies said that your town was good : Cabaye particularly explained that when you're in the air, in the plane, you can see the stadium (St james park) and all the things around, he loved it.

HBA was signing autographs in his (lush) car, smiling always

Then Obertan and another player noticed the fervour around your club, he even compared it to Marseille.

Cabaye underlined the fact that your coach played a important role in all the signings because he told them that he had a certain philosophy of football (not kick and run lol like Cabaye said but more a style of play in feet).

Obertan said that all the Frenchies can bring to the club something special, they all have a "card to play".

Then, they showed some NUFC fans that said French players have the reputation to be creative and that is what the club needs.

Finally, Marveaux said that you have a solid defense and that you have an enormous margin of progression in terms of offensive play (?)

Just makes you wonder about the calibre of player we could attract if we werent owned by cunts

I can only hope FMA manages to turn us into a stable financial model that will attract a responsible owner who's willing to invest more in the squad rather than decimate it.

We're crying out for investment like, the french nucleus has been a pleasant surprise so far - let's just see if things all seem rosy once we're coming up against harder opposition.

I'd imagine our decent reputation in France stems from the fact we've had a fair few high profile surrender frogs playing for us over the years.

Me arse was gan like a rabbit's nose everytime I seen a tackle go in on him

Going to have that for a good few months yet sadly! Teams like wolves and particularly the king of the gutless attempts to injure fellow pros in calvin henry are going to go after him from the first minute, its all they are and he is going to have to get used to it.

But we can't hide him from these games as there will always be some talentless cunt out there going to clatter him, you just hope he now has the luck to avoid injury when it happens.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

To be honest I'm kind of glad the Barton circus is out of town - obviously with the power of retrospect.

We looked to have had a solid midfield before Ben Arfa came back & on Saturday he gave us glimpses, had the situation been more urgent I think a couple of those assists would have been finished.

Hatem & Karl Henry on the same pitch is a nightmare.

so is Lee Cattermole.

This is the main fear for him, coming back from these injuries can take a lot of courage.

His talent is obvious, if he can perform consistently, unlike similar clowns like Asprilla, he will be a top player for us.

I hope he doesn't end up spending more time injured than he does playing.

He never had injuries in France so we can only hope I suppose. I wish I could call it either way but I can't so I suppose we'll have to just wait & see.

He can be one of the best players we've had on the books in the last 20 years or he can be injured...