Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CT was negative about Jonas and not exactly convinced by Ben Arfa on here so I see no inconsistency with what he posted on here. He is not liked on NO because most of them have their tongues right up little Dave's arse and from day 1, little Dave was a cunt to him. He was a cunt because of what he said on here which was mainly coloured by a positive outlook and a reactionary position to the incessant and ultimately erroneous negativity on here. I believe this season has fully vindicated CT's views and proved 90% of this board and 60% of the midget's board wrong. The club is moving in the right direction and I firmly believe that Ben Arfa will prove to be a big success here. To deny that's a point of debate given what's happened makes you a mug. I follow the thread on there and there are literally 20 posters who clearly see themselves as footballing geniuses but rarely even construct an argument nevermind a persuasive one.

I thought CT's comments about Jonas at Stoke were stupid but the reality is that a poster under-scoring a players performance literally led to little children reacting well, like little children really. Like watching a playground conflict.

With regard to Jonas, he's brilliant if you like having two left backs (which has been handy at times), but his attacking game has all but dried up, leaving the burden on Obertan's shoulders. His work rate is magnificent but he needs to get forward. If Pardew can somehow get him doing both (and we have end product :wink2: , the he will be a great addition to the team.

:spit:

. I believe this season has fully vindicated CT's views and proved 90% of this board and 60% of the midget's board wrong. The club is moving in the right direction

:lol:

Edited by ewerk

Not sure what's happened between Chez and Dave like as I don't post on N-O. Must be one of those short man / alpha male-type scenarios.

Edited by alex

Charlotte?

I always feel like I'm not part of the TT clique when you lot start mentioning names of outsiders.

CT's Christian name.

:) just choked on a fish finger. Very funny.

(sorry Alex, not fatal. Still trying to control everyone I see ;-) )

Great accurate one handed post Chez.

Charlotte?

I always feel like I'm not part of the TT clique when you lot start mentioning names of outsiders.

CT's Christian name.

:) just choked on a fishy finger. Very funny.

You should wash your hands before eating.

cost you a fortune in soap, but still........

He broke his leg and then knackered his ankle in pre-season taking him to about a year without consistent football. He's not going to hit the ground running and he needs time here and there to get his sharpness back. If he was fit at the start of the season, he'd have played against Arsenal onwards, I'm sure of it. I doubt he's too bothered about being a part of an unbeaten side btw

All very interesting stuff but nothing to do with my post.

Jonas' attacking play is so bad he's had 22 shots, a goal and an assist, as well as winning us vital free-kicks in the final third of the pitch. Obertan has created significantly less and surely you must realise this?

Are those career stats? Link?

About a week ago I was over at NO for the first time in years. Didn't take me many minutes to stumble on some classic CT drivel. He argues that we should send Ben Arfa out on loan. When questioned about this he says something like "don't forget that a loan was how we got him in the first place". Cracking argument that.

Furthermore, he doesn't rate Jonas this season. :lol:

He reallys seems to be hated over there.

:lol: Okay, tried sitting on my hands and chanting dont do it, dont do it. ......but I'll bite.

My point about Ben Arfa was as follows.

This was his big move, his chance to prove to all his detractors that he could still do it and do it consistently without all the bad boy antics. Obviously it hasnt gone well, he's had a year out and is struggling to break into a team that is doing very well. The scenario I was discussing was whether he would be happy, (given his ego and the ticking clock, point to prove etc ) spending the season as a bit part player.

Or whether frustration would set in and he would engineer a move away, initially on loan, as he did to get here. A simple point that even a simpleton such as yourself should have been able to grapple with. :rolleyes:

With regard to Jonas, he's brilliant if you like having two left backs (which has been handy at times), but his attacking game has all but dried up, leaving the burden on Obertan's shoulders. His work rate is magnificent but he needs to get forward. If Pardew can somehow get him doing both (and we have end product :wink2: , the he will be a great addition to the team.

Aaaah, thats better. :icon_lol:

I guess I shouldn't reply, we'll end up with a cringeworthy thread like that one over at NO, but what the hell...

"Obviously it hasnt gone well", WTF do you mean? He was great when he came here, then he broke his leg ffs! He's getting better and better, has shown some good stuff already. He's a unique player at this club, we have a lot of hard working players, Ben Arfa has the potential to be the icing on the cake. Our squad is paper-thin, sending out our most skillful player on loan, aye that's a good idea...

I take it reading is a problem for you :D