Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

Some quality football on that. The build-up play for Ba's saved shot was very good.

Watching Lescott there is quite funny. Coming across to block the shot then when he gets wrong footed by Ben Arfa's pass his first instinct is to appeal for offside despite two Man City defenders (and Joe Hart) being behind him. :lol:

Definitely saw the difference that a player like Ben Arfa can make in this game.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought to myself when watching it that they looked shit scared of him at times like. Once him, Cabaye and Ba get a good understanding, I'm looking forward to our attacking play.

In a season's time it'll be Liverpool's attacking play.

Re: his effort off the post (2:58)

Unlike De Jong to just half-heartedly poke a foot out before trying not to clatter into a teammate, after recovering at pace, as opposed to not going in like a battering ram. De Jong on the whole looked a bit tentative. Maybe Ben Arfa wasn't the only bloke out there facing a psychological block.

Would be an ideal signing for Arsenal (as third choice, or a plan C) if they're priced out of any move for Goatze and Hazard.

Edited by Year Zero

Thought to myself when watching it that they looked shit scared of him at times like. Once him, Cabaye and Ba get a good understanding, I'm looking forward to our attacking play.

In a season's time it'll be Liverpool's attacking play.

Thats always the bottom line now isnt it, cant really look to the future with optimism because you know anything special we get going will be converted into cash and we'll be back in mediocre land in no time. No doubt if HBA gets anywhere near his potential we wont be able to hold on to him, that is, we wont even try to.

Got to be given a start at OT to link up with midfield and bring the Man U defenders onto him as he carries the ball. That back four is eminently beatable if he's running at them with confidence and Ba is exploiting the space.

Unlike De Jong to just half-heartedly poke a foot out before trying not to clatter into a teammate, after recovering at pace, as opposed to not going in like a battering ram. De Jong on the whole looked a bit tentative. Maybe Ben Arfa wasn't the only bloke out there facing a psychological block.

Would be an ideal signing for Arsenal (as third choice, or a plan C) if they're priced out of any move for Goatze and Hazard.

Third choice at Arsenal?!? He'd be straight into their starting line up when fully fit.

The only difference between that and the Everton video of him is that he got a goal. Great to see him back in action. :nufc:

Surely we can hope for more than one game a season like this out of him.

Has your account been hacked by Tecato of last season?

Third choice at Arsenal?!? He'd be straight into their starting line up when fully fit.

I've underlined the relevant part, of that original post.

sit fourth in the Premier League table with 26 points, with last week’s 3-1 away defeat to Manchester City their only defeat of the season, and have conceded the fewest goals at 12 along with Liverpool and Manchester City.

Meanwhile, summer signings Yohan Cabaye has won a place in the French national team and Demba Ba has scored eight goals, and Ben Arfa – who recently returned from injury problems that kept him out for most of last season – believes there is no reason why the side cannot build on their fine start.

"I think if we gain in confidence, we can go and get the title,” he told The Sun.

"I think the only thing that makes a difference is the confidence. We really have good footballers here. If we carry on like this, then we can do something."

The Magpies were unlucky to concede a goal after Wayne Rooney’s shot deflected off first Steven Taylor and then Javier Hernandez. However, they were then fortunate to win a penalty, converted by Ba, after Rio

appeared to win the ball from Ben Arfa in a sliding challenge.

On the penalty, Ben Arfa added: “What's certain is I received a big blow to my head. I don't know if Rio Ferdinand got the ball but the main thing is we got the goal.”

Goalkeeper Tim Krul made a string of excellent saves to keep

in the game at 1-1. The pressure exerted by the Red Devils intensified as Jonas Gutierrez was sent off for a second yellow card. However, the champions were unable to find a breakthrough.

Unlike Ben Arfa, manager Alan Pardew stressed that he was not getting carried away with his team's performances or raising expectations.

"We only think about the next game," he said.

“We're not dreaming or anything, we're just thinking about beating Chelsea next week and we prepare from now for that."

from - http://www.goal.com/...wcastle-can-win

... :nufc:

"I think if we gain in confidence, we can go and get the title,” he told
The Sun

"I think the only thing that makes a difference is the confidence. We really have good footballers here. If we carry on like this, then we can do something."

:lol:

Deluded Mags