Shay Given

wykikitoon

Madness from Man City - Hart is a decent keeper but you only have to look at some of the performances Given has put in for them to realise he's one of the best (if not the best) keeper in the league.

Joe Hart may be the future but he's still got a lot of maturing to do - didn't Birmingham want him for another season but got knocked back?

Shay is 34. 4 or 5 years left in him if he keeps himself in shape.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't understand why City would loan a keeper they rate so highly to one of the teams who stand in their way of Champions League football. If he goes, I'm sure it'll be a sale. And I bet it'll be for a considerably higher sum than they paid us.

Showed a lad at work that.

He asked why they were all wearing green in the middle.

:D

I told him they were the goalies and then he asked if it was a wind up.

Knacker.

Edited by Happy Face

He realises Man City are a nothing club, all the money in the world won't change there that, where as Arsenal have all the heritage you could wish for and title challenges. I don't know what it is about Man City, I sound jealous, but they seem to me to have lost their soul, they just seem sterile, they represent the evil in football better than any club in the world. They STILL can't fill their stadium, they just seem all wrong to me. Their best player to me is Bellamy, I certainly think he was last season, he doesn't fit the image so he's away. I hope they win fuck all. Shay should've went to Arsenal after that Blackburn game in 2007.

As I mentioned before I think Bellamy is as good as Tevez yet they're ready to offload him it would appear. I know he's older etc. but it's not like they need the money. I'd also add Ireland is as good as, if not better than, Milner.

Ireland's a brilliant finisher really composed player and passer, but do we really want someone who told the world his nana had died to get out of playing for Ireland, when she's sat in the hoose alive and well watching Dickenson's Realdeal? The young dipper they have is better than Guthrie as well if they're looking to offload him forget his name.

according to those in the know at city, its widely accepted that even now in terms of talent, Ireland is one of their top 5 players. mental fragility and lack of strength and toughness (possibly mental, possibly physical) may well have cost him a place there. maybe he doesn't want to fight for his place?

Guest Tuco Ramirez
He realises Man City are a nothing club, all the money in the world won't change there that, where as Arsenal have all the heritage you could wish for and title challenges. I don't know what it is about Man City, I sound jealous, but they seem to me to have lost their soul, they just seem sterile, they represent the evil in football better than any club in the world. They STILL can't fill their stadium, they just seem all wrong to me. Their best player to me is Bellamy, I certainly think he was last season, he doesn't fit the image so he's away. I hope they win fuck all. Shay should've went to Arsenal after that Blackburn game in 2007.

As I mentioned before I think Bellamy is as good as Tevez yet they're ready to offload him it would appear. I know he's older etc. but it's not like they need the money. I'd also add Ireland is as good as, if not better than, Milner.

Ireland's a brilliant finisher really composed player and passer, but do we really want someone who told the world his nana had died to get out of playing for Ireland, when she's sat in the hoose alive and well watching Dickenson's Realdeal? The young dipper they have is better than Guthrie as well if they're looking to offload him forget his name.

according to those in the know at city, its widely accepted that even now in terms of talent, Ireland is one of their top 5 players. mental fragility and lack of strength and toughness (possibly mental, possibly physical) may well have cost him a place there. maybe he doesn't want to fight for his place?

Not sure about mental fragility like. He has belief, look at what he buys he's no shrinking violent, I'd describe him as the Michael Carroll of football.

Always think its a bit harsh bringing up Irelands excuse of his gran dying

it was stupid but to be fair his girlfriend had a miscarriage, understandable why he wanted to miss the game and maybe didn't wanna say why, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt with a panicky excuse from an idiot,

Are you being serious? The gf's miscarriage was his third lie and the only one they couldn't disprove.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

it was stupid but to be fair his girlfriend had a miscarriage, understandable why he wanted to miss the game and maybe didn't wanna say why, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt with a panicky excuse from an idiot,

Are you being serious? The gf's miscarriage was his third lie and the only one they couldn't disprove.

If he was that protective of the knowledge of the miscarriage coming out, why didn't he just say I'm sorry I don't want to play due to personal reasons. There's no defence for saying your nana's deed, when she's not.

If he was that protective of the knowledge of the miscarriage coming out, why didn't he just say I'm sorry I don't want to play due to personal reasons. There's no defence for saying your nana's deed, when she's not.

Didn't he get caught out the first time and say his it was his other Grannie that was dead? :D

Ireland is much better than Milner.

Bellamy has constant run-ins with Mancini, and he's in the fortunate position of having the funds to turf him out and replace him with anyone he wants.

I was probably being kind to Milner. And tbh, I think Bellamy's had run-ins everywhere he's been which is the main reason he's never quite fulfilled his potential / had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus.

I think he'd crawl a million miles over broken glass to sign for the toon me Bellamy, Id have him back. I think he'll make a brilliant manager one day fwiw.

Concur with the middle bit, not so sure about the first bit and have definite reservations about the last bit :D

Well he's talking about calling it a day completely if he doesn't get into their 25:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/8902161.stm

Ireland is much better than Milner.

Bellamy has constant run-ins with Mancini, and he's in the fortunate position of having the funds to turf him out and replace him with anyone he wants.

I was probably being kind to Milner. And tbh, I think Bellamy's had run-ins everywhere he's been which is the main reason he's never quite fulfilled his potential / had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus.

I think he'd crawl a million miles over broken glass to sign for the toon me Bellamy, Id have him back. I think he'll make a brilliant manager one day fwiw.

Concur with the middle bit, not so sure about the first bit and have definite reservations about the last bit :D

Well he's talking about calling it a day completely if he doesn't get into their 25:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/8902161.stm

Much too early for that. Still time to come back to SJP for 2 mil or so. How about it, Bellers?

I heard the interview and that was said jokingly, he's even laughing when he says it.

Good interview btw.

Edited by alex

Well Mancini's called his bluff. Hart is starting!

Tevez has been made captain as well... find that a bit odd.

Wouldn't of said Tevez is captain material?? I guess Mancini knows what he's doing.

Wouldn't of said Tevez is captain material?? I guess Mancini knows what he's doing.

I would have thought Gareth Barry would have been a better choice.

I like the idea of tevez is captain, leads by example, runs his nackers off all game and has quality with it

I would have thought Gareth Barry would have been a better choice.

True. Although Tevez does show alot of passion when he plays.