Notts Forest

Leicester

Aston Villa

Blackburn

Fulham

Mcr City

Everton

pipe down idiot.

Don't cry. The truth isn't always nice to hear but it's the truth. ;)

It must be love, love, love, It must be love, love, love Nothing more, nothing less Love is the best

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember remarking in the last few years after semi-decent results against the top teams that we''ve gone to those places with better teams and lost worse and I stand by that - we've only given Man U a game at OT about 4 times - the 1-1 in the first year up, the 0-0 when Solkskaer hacked down Lee and probably the one two years ago come to mind.

Those slagging off Willamson's comments should remember KK's from the game when we lost 2-0 in 95 when he mentioned the lions and tigers not turning up to the show - a reference to players as good as Lee and Ferdinand etc being overawed by the occassion.

I'd love to have a team that is fearless in any fixture but LM and Stevie are wrong when they suggest we have had in the past just as a consequence of having better players or manager. That arrogance only comes with real success imo.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
I remember remarking in the last few years after semi-decent results against the top teams that we''ve gone to those places with better teams and lost worse and I stand by that - we've only given Man U a game at OT about 4 times - the 1-1 in the first year up, the 0-0 when Solkskaer hacked down Lee and probably the one two years ago come to mind.

Those slagging off Willamson's comments should remember KK's from the game when we lost 2-0 in 95 when he mentioned the lions and tigers not turning up to the show - a reference to players as good as Lee and Ferdinand etc being overawed by the occassion.

I'd love to have a team that is fearless in any fixture but LM and Stevie are wrong when they suggest we have had in the past just as a consequence of having better players or manager. That arrogance only comes with real success imo.

1-1 that Andersson scored.

I was at a 0-0 on a Sunday under Gullit when Paul Dalglish missed an ABSOLUTE SITTER in the last minute.

And for the record, those that have:

Chelsea x 5

Liverpool x 4

Arsenal x 3

Middlesbrough x 3

Derby x 2

West Ham x 2

Bolton x 2

Wimbledon

Notts Forest

Leicester

Aston Villa

Blackburn

Fulham

Mcr City

Everton

pipe down idiot.

Don't cry. The truth isn't always nice to hear but it's the truth. :nah:

:o bet you're having a good old cry yourself at those nasty mancs hurting your feelings just like when we embarrassed you so often playing in europe....

The irony ;)

And for the record, those that have:

Chelsea x 5

Liverpool x 4

Arsenal x 3

Middlesbrough x 3

Derby x 2

West Ham x 2

Bolton x 2

Wimbledon

Notts Forest

Leicester

Aston Villa

Blackburn

Fulham

Mcr City

Everton

pipe down idiot.

Don't cry. The truth isn't always nice to hear but it's the truth. :o

It must be love, love, love, It must be love, love, love Nothing more, nothing less Love is the best

he doesn't answer to the bigger picture again ;)

Match went pretty much as expected for me. Man Ud dominated without being really able to turn their superiority into goals.

For you I think there were some positive signs. Carroll will be a handful for a lot of teams this year, I was particularly impressed with his workrate. His finishing will improve with experience but he could do with a bit more pace down the flanks pinging in the crosses.

Your problems, for me, are identical to the problems you had 2 years ago. That midfield triumverate of Barton, Nolan & Smith are past their sell by date. No energy or passion. The pace of premiership football passes them by. You need rid of them all but they are not going anywhere because of the money, you're stuck with them until their contracts expire. The time Man Utd's midfield had on the ball was frightening. You need some younger blood in midfield harrying the opposition.

As far as Man Utd go, they will be thereabouts again this season but they really need to offload Berbatov quickly, he's killing their game. He's a tidy footballer but he wants to slow everything down 'continental style'. Man Utd are at their best attacking with pace and it all grinds to a halt when Berbatov puts his foot on the ball.

Good luck for the season. Guthrie and Rodwell later in the season might just give you the midfield energy you need provided Hughton has the balls to drop the has beens.

suppose you see your team more than me so would know better, i like most others just see Berbatov as a good player, bit inconsistent so far possibly with a reason for it, but a good player all the same.

Sadly your comments about our midfield are correct but they won't be cured without an injection of quality players, assuming he has a certain type of target he is aiming for.

It's a massively damning fact and theres nowt that your bi-polar abuse/laughing smilies approach can do to change that tbh. :o

it's also a massive fact that we were considered one of the countries big clubs and qualified for europe more than everybody bar 4 clubs too, and despite your attempts to taint the club as being badly run etc nothing will change the fact that it was one of the best clubs in the country either

So don't cry at spouting total bollocks ;)

It was a brilliant time to follow us but the reality is that theres a world of difference between winning something and coming second. Don't kid yourself we were a sustained, serious threat to the champions of those various seasons. It's completely delusional.

The 'big club' thing is completely true, but it only adds to the charge sheet sadly when you consider how we ultimately failed to capitalise on that.

PS move on.

You'll still be making thatidentical post 20 years from now leazes. Get over it ffs.

point is Gem, I am only pointing out what it takes to provide a club [like us with big support] to challenge for honours and do its best to live up to itself. I didn't mention

individuals first because the individual is irrelevant. If others like you associate my comments with what the last owners provided then that must be telling you something.

MancMags constant attempts along with others like Ashleyskidmarks to say differently speaks volumes, I don't understand their personality driven agendas. This thread has became topical and is discussing the shortcomings of the current group of players and the football club. Take it as you read it. The shortcomings of the football club will exist as long as.....errr...the club has shortcomings.

People want more. What is your solution ? Remember, you also backed the financial support to Souness ;)

It was a brilliant time to follow us but the reality is that theres a world of difference between winning something and coming second. Don't kid yourself we were a sustained, serious threat to the champions of those various seasons. It's completely delusional.

The 'big club' thing is completely true, but it only adds to the charge sheet sadly when you consider how we ultimately failed to capitalise on that.

PS move on.

Sums it up perfectly.

PS move on.

Sums it up perfectly.

so when do we get back into the same challenging position, what will it take, how long will it take, and what individual will deliver it ?

You'll still be making thatidentical post 20 years from now leazes. Get over it ffs.

point is Gem, I am only pointing out what it takes to provide a club [like us with big support] to challenge for honours and do its best to live up to itself. I didn't mention

individuals first because the individual is irrelevant. If others like you associate my comments with what the last owners provided then that must be telling you something.

MancMags constant attempts along with others like Ashleyskidmarks to say differently speaks volumes, I don't understand their personality driven agendas. This thread has became topical and is discussing the shortcomings of the current group of players and the football club. Take it as you read it. The shortcomings of the football club will exist as long as.....errr...the club has shortcomings.

People want more. What is your solution ? Remember, you also backed the financial support to Souness ;)

You don't do that though tbh. You point out what Shepherd did (principally). If you want to know what it takes for a big club to 'live up to itself', look elsewhere for lessons cos theres better lessons to be learned. Genuinely.

To go back to Williamsons comments ie back on topic, who doesn't understand that they reflect the current low ambition outlook of the club now ? With such a thought process starting from the top ?

You don't do that though tbh. You point out what Shepherd did (principally). If you want to know what it takes for a big club to 'live up to itself', look elsewhere for lessons cos theres better lessons to be learned. Genuinely.

You are totally wrong. I point out to many people that it was the Halls and Shepherd when they mention Shepherd. Including you. Again.

To go back to Williamsons comments ie back on topic, who doesn't understand that they reflect the current low ambition outlook of the club now ? With such a thought process starting from the top ?

What should the thought process of a skint club who've just been promoted be?

Bear in mind the going rate for a top player is about £20m.

Also take into account this was Williamsons first game in the top flight and it was in front of 75'000 people. It may be an event for him after Watford and Portsmouth.

You are totally wrong. I point out to many people that it was the Halls and Shepherd when they mention Shepherd. Including you. Again.

I mean you're inclined to get entrenched in a very subjective defence of Shepherd when a bit of an objectivity wouldnt come amiss because that's the only way you can learn lessons from past experiences. And btw you do it even when the subject isn't about that to start with.