A Level Results..

Kevin

Remarks can go up as well as down you know.

No they can't. Don't argue with me because you have no idea what you're talking about. Accept defeat and leave the thread. Thanks.

Did you miss the part where Dan said he's working for UCAS? :)

I shouldn't be an arse to him Kevin, you might need his help in 12 months time.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

Enjoy McDonalds Kevin ;)

I am :icon_lol:

No they can't. Don't argue with me because you have no idea what you're talking about. Accept defeat and leave the thread. Thanks.

You're an absolute muppet- no wonder you got such shit results. A U in politics? You could have had a shit on the paper and still passed you knacker.

Nice to see you're gracious in defeat. Now, run along because you have no idea what you're talking about.

I did, aye.

;) You couldn't even get into most clearing courses with his results to be honest, he'll be lucky if he gets consiered by Thames Valley.

I think people are telling you to consider not going to uni because you seem to be in it for the wrong reasons. Also your career choice might not be what you really want to do. It's something you sound like you want to get into with no real idea of what is involved and those who do it for a living are trying to give you geniune advice.

If you don't want advice Kevin you shouldn't ask for it.

I just think you have set your targets a little too high, ambition isn't a bad thing but it's obvious you won't get to where you want to be so need to lower your expectations and start punching at your level (ie McDonalds), you could be assistant to the manager in a few years, bringing home the real big bucks like £6 an hour.

I know you didn't want advice I just thought someone better tell you now rather than someone who actually cares about you. I mean, do they actually go out in public with you :)?

Dear Kevin, Ruler of Planet Houston speaks a lot of sense.

I feel as if I'm the only one on here with a uni-free education. I decided to stay on in the sixth form after fucking about after school instead of doing my coursework and thus getting crap marks as most of my gcse's required coursework rather than letting the actual exam determine my results. Anyway, after about four weeks into it I could see I was just wasting my time and was deep down just afraid of leaving school and my mates and getting on with living life in the real world. Yes there's been ups and downs but in my experience if you're genuinely bright enough and prepared to get involved at work you can do well for yourself as has been explained, employers look for good attitude and intelligence, whisper it quietly, but not all students are the brightest and this will get exposed very quickly in the workplace. As RoPH says, maybe uni is best for those with a real sense of what they want to do and who know exactly what certificates they need to achieve their goal. If you're really thick as fuck then do what you want as it'll not matter in the end.

Good luck.

I'm getting fecked off by people telling me about staying away from uni etc. but its what i want to do. I want to learn a lot more about computing and networks as such and there's a plus side to it = a degree + a years experience. I appreciate all the advice but I'm set on going to uni.

OK, another free bit of advice that you'll no doubt cast to one side. Earlier on in the thread you told me you'd done no revision yet you're 'set on going to uni'. Seriously Kevin if you are THAT set you need to start putting the hard slog in.

I just think you have set your targets a little too high, ambition isn't a bad thing but it's obvious you won't get to where you want to be so need to lower your expectations and start punching at your level (ie McDonalds), you could be assistant to the manager in a few years, bringing home the real big bucks like £6 an hour.

I know you didn't want advice I just thought someone better tell you now rather than someone who actually cares about you. I mean, do they actually go out in public with you :)?

I feel as if I'm the only one on here with a uni-free education. I decided to stay on in the sixth form after fucking about after school instead of doing my coursework and thus getting crap marks as most of my gcse's required coursework rather than letting the actual exam determine my results. Anyway, after about four weeks into it I could see I was just wasting my time and was deep down just afraid of leaving school and my mates and getting on with living life in the real world. Yes there's been ups and downs but in my experience if you're genuinely bright enough and prepared to get involved at work you can do well for yourself as has been explained, employers look for good attitude and intelligence, whisper it quietly, but not all students are the brightest and this will get exposed very quickly in the workplace. As RoPH says, maybe uni is best for those with a real sense of what they want to do and who know exactly what certificates they need to achieve their goal. If you're really thick as fuck then do what you want as it'll not matter in the end.

Good luck.

I'm getting fecked off by people telling me about staying away from uni etc. but its what i want to do. I want to learn a lot more about computing and networks as such and there's a plus side to it = a degree + a years experience. I appreciate all the advice but I'm set on going to uni.

OK, another free bit of advice that you'll no doubt cast to one side. Earlier on in the thread you told me you'd done no revision yet you're 'set on going to uni'. Seriously Kevin if you are THAT set you need to start putting the hard slog in.

I think you also missed the point saying that i'm getting my head down and starting to work.

;) You couldn't even get into most clearing courses with his results to be honest, he'll be lucky if he gets consiered by Thames Valley.

I iz dropping politics. Getting moving images remarked, if it doesn't get me up to a C I will repeat the exam. Business studies my coursework are both A's and if i repeat the module and get at least a B i should push on towards an A in that. So.. yeah :/

I think people are telling you to consider not going to uni because you seem to be in it for the wrong reasons. Also your career choice might not be what you really want to do. It's something you sound like you want to get into with no real idea of what is involved and those who do it for a living are trying to give you geniune advice.

That's correct.

Bit of a gamble then, especially if those who are already doing it are warning you off it based on their knowledge of the role :)

Well good luck anyway but as I said, I think you need to start thinking about a back up just in case.

I did, aye.

You have a massive life lesson to learn yet you know? Typical 17 year old who 'knows everything' and cannot be told by anyone. You made some massive assumption here that someone didn't know what they were talking about and you did - you couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

You're like the 20 year old kid we've just employed on our service desk who reckons he's had the mother of all social lives and no-one's ever had nights out like he has. In truth he's been on a few evenings out in the local town - had a couple of pints of shandy and woke up with a dull headache yet he knows better than everyone how to have a night out cos he's 'young'. He's like that with everything including the job and because of that, he'll never progress unless he bins the chip on his shoulder.

You've got to do the same my friend.

Not taking the piss, but if your content on going to university, then I'd advise you to seriously think about quitting your job when studying.

Just so Father can get the best out of you really, get you properly relaxed for those long winter nights revising.

Good luck.

I think you also missed the point saying that i'm getting my head down and starting to work.

You've been on here nearly every single fucking day since January man - and then you wonder why your results are suffering!?

I did, aye.

You have a massive life lesson to learn yet you know? Typical 17 year old who 'knows everything' and cannot be told by anyone. You made some massive assumption here that someone didn't know what they were talking about and you did - you couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

You're like the 20 year old kid we've just employed on our service desk who reckons he's had the mother of all social lives and no-one's ever had nights out like he has. In truth he's been on a few evenings out in the local town - had a couple of pints of shandy and woke up with a dull headache yet he knows better than everyone how to have a night out cos he's 'young'. He's like that with everything including the job and because of that, he'll never progress unless he bins the chip on his shoulder.

You've got to do the same my friend.

WTF does this have to do with some 20 year old thinking he knows how to have a good time ;)

Not taking the piss, but if your content on going to university, then I'd advise you to seriously think about quitting your job when studying.

Just so Father can get the best out of you really, get you properly relaxed for those long winter nights revising.

Nah.. I can prioratise (sp?) them. McDonald's are pretty easy going about changing shifts etc so i don't need to quit my job

You've been on here nearly every single fucking day since January man - and then you wonder why your results are suffering!?

You seem to know a lot for a member who barely be's on :)

You seem to know a lot for a member who barely be's on ;)

You do realise you can view without posting, right? :)

Maybe you should try it some time.

He means this lad is like you, he thinks he knows out all and won't take any advice from anyone else because he knows better (when he clearly doesn't).

That lad's nothing like me. I don't know nothing, so i learn it, that's education ;)!

You seem to know a lot for a member who barely be's on :icon_lol:

You do realise you can view without posting, right? :)

Maybe you should try it some time.

:scratchchin:

He means this lad is like you, he thinks he knows out all and won't take any advice from anyone else because he knows better (when he clearly doesn't).

In a nutshell. Kevin, get used to answering a phone or serving burgers because until you lose the chip that's all you're going to be doing.

Harsh as it may seem, it's something you need to accept.

You certainly act like you know everything and will quickly dismiss any sensible advice given to you because you "want to go to University".

/because i fucking do want to go to it. Ant's in computer programming and things like that, he didn't go to uni, he already knew lots about the subject, he also had experience to back him up. I have neither of these. Which is why i go to uni, get some more knowledge about the subject, get a years experience, get a uni experience, get a degree (even know they're hardly anything these days).

Well I hope it turns out as you expect it to be and you don't waste years learning about some you admit you don't really know much about only to find out it's not something you like or just can't understand :)

Well I hope it turns out as you expect it to be and you don't waste years learning about some you admit you don't really know much about only to find out it's not something you like or just can't understand :)

Thank you. The maturity in you is shining through Gejon, I'm happy for you.

I give up. Kevin, I'm going to go back to ripping the shit out of you - at least you listen to that.

You couldn't rip the shit out of a cow's arse you pussy.

I'm 31 and i still don't know what I want to do.

:)

I'm 25 and I have no idea what I want to do. ;)

I'm Spartacu.....

Wait, wrong thread.

I'm 42, and into my 2nd "career". Not one of the subjects I did at school, or studied at Uni has any application in either of these ( barring the Three Rs).