Chris Hughton

Dr Gloom

Have to say before the match we were in the pub and saw Nolan wasn't playing and i thought fair play to Hughton he's had the balls to make a decision the rest of us have wanted for the whole season, but i then heard he was injured. And i thought to be honest did i really think he'd ever drop Nolan!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone else getting the feeling Chrissy Hughton is set for a Christmas bootin' :lol:

What a load of crap. The blokes done a very good job so far and is getting better all the time. Who do you think Ashley would replace him with?

JFK 2

I don't think he should be sacked CT, I like him, just said I can see it happening.

Fair enough :-) don't think he'll get the heave Ho. Think he'll keep us up which will be a great result.

anyone else getting the feeling Chrissy Hughton is set for a Christmas bootin' :icon_lol:

What a load of crap. The blokes done a very good job so far and is getting better all the time. Who do you think Ashley would replace him with?

JFK 2

First home game 6 nil stuffing of Villa, then losses to Blackpool, Stoke followed by a last gasp draw with Wigan?

If thats your idea of progress Id hate to see...oh hold on aye the Politics thread :D

:lol:

Have to say before the match we were in the pub and saw Nolan wasn't playing and i thought fair play to Hughton he's had the balls to make a decision the rest of us have wanted for the whole season, but i then heard he was injured. And i thought to be honest did i really think he'd ever drop Nolan!

Thats the line they always put out when a first team regular is dropped tbf.

anyone else getting the feeling Chrissy Hughton is set for a Christmas bootin' ;)

JFK 2

First home game 6 nil stuffing of Villa, then losses to Blackpool, Stoke followed by a last gasp draw with Wigan?

If thats your idea of progress Id hate to see...oh hold on aye the Politics thread :icon_lol:

:lol:

At least I bother to take part in it... :D

As for Hughton, hears a bloke who comes after the disaster of JFK and Shearer. He brought humility back to the team, got us promoted when most on here were predicting relegation to division two. He has then brought in some decent signings (Ben arfa) against an Ashley backdrop and has then put out teams that thrashed villa, won at Everton and Chelsea, outplayed, stoke and blackpool, all the time playinging decent football.

Talk about Sky news part time rent a mong. ;)

I'm sorry CT while I agree with you to an extent, I can't say we outplayed Stoke/Blackpool. We're powder-puff up front and in midfield; we don't create decent chances enough, always half-chances, and our movement with and without the ball has been shocking, at home at least.

The point about those two games was that we had most of the play and you kept think....Its just a matter of time until we score....my opinion anyway. On the balanace of play, most fans would think we should have won those two games, which is the general point im making. If you diasgree fair do's.

Talk about Sky news part time rent a mong. :D

Thats rich coming from the cunt who was "boycoutting" at the same time as singing the praises of the fat man.

:lol: re-writing history again. Just like you will if Hughton does ok at the end of the season telling us all you always knew he would. :icon_lol:

Just back the manager and let him get on with the job in hand.

Its the players that'll have to get used to the pace of the league.. hughton's doing the work...

He's not naive... Been coaching in the league how many years now...

They're just still recovering from life in the Champs League!

Talk about Sky news part time rent a mong. :D

Thats rich coming from the cunt who was "boycoutting" at the same time as singing the praises of the fat man.

:lol: re-writing history again. Just like you will if Hughton does ok at the end of the season telling us all you always knew he would. :icon_lol:

Just back the manager and let him get on with the job in hand.

tbf I havent slagged him off, I was querying your statement that hes getting better and better when results are showing the opposite.

Bizarre tactical choices aren't doing him any good. Guthrie over Routledge today was a head-scratcher, and this coming from someone who isn't really a fan of Routledge. Playing Lovenkrands over Shola was another weird one and hopefully Shola will start our next home game as I'd say that barring our anomalous thrashing of Villa, Shola's been better on balance than Carroll. And finally, persevering with a player pretty much everyone can tell is terrible is only going to cost us more points and I hope Hughton has the bottle to write Perch off as a failed gamble and consign him to the reserves.

That's not to say that Hughton has been awful, but he's been far from great. I think our best team really picks itself and I'm a little worried that he seems to feel the need to make constant alterations to that team.

Hughton deserves at the very least a whole season in the prem unless it had gone absolutely tits up and we were heading for a mackem/derby county points total. And hopefulyl for some stability he does well enough in his first season to continue.

I think away from home he's doing a respectable job because we deservedly beat Everton, we initially outplayed Wolves and if the players had took their early chances i think Hughton would have had another win there, and Man City we played well but got shafted.

At home however he has to be more positive against lesser teams, two strikers is the only way now as the other option was to play Ben Arfa floating behind Carroll. If he keeps going with Nolan off Carroll we offer very little.

With transfers he seems to be able to pull some crackers out the bag in Ben Arfa and Tiote, i agreed with his choice of bringing Campbell in and Williamson will hopefully be a consistent prem performer. However when he goes cheap for the likes of Best and Perch its a worry!

And overall he is having his hands tied by not having the kind of money he should to rebuild the club, who knows what he'd be doing here if he'd been given £20m or so.

Wigan first half and Stoke second half have been poor performances. Excluding Man U away, the rest of the time we've played as well as the opposition. Thats a testament to the manager.

After what he did for us last season, given what he had to spend over the summer and an objective assessment of the teams performances over 8 prem games, i reckon anyone giving him shit this season is basically a thick cunt. Far too aggressive language i know but thats how i feel.

Hughton deserves at the very least a whole season in the prem unless it had gone absolutely tits up and we were heading for a mackem/derby county points total. And hopefulyl for some stability he does well enough in his first season to continue.

I think away from home he's doing a respectable job because we deservedly beat Everton, we initially outplayed Wolves and if the players had took their early chances i think Hughton would have had another win there, and Man City we played well but got shafted.

At home however he has to be more positive against lesser teams, two strikers is the only way now as the other option was to play Ben Arfa floating behind Carroll. If he keeps going with Nolan off Carroll we offer very little.

With transfers he seems to be able to pull some crackers out the bag in Ben Arfa and Tiote, i agreed with his choice of bringing Campbell in and Williamson will hopefully be a consistent prem performer. However when he goes cheap for the likes of Best and Perch its a worry!

And overall he is having his hands tied by not having the kind of money he should to rebuild the club, who knows what he'd be doing here if he'd been given £20m or so.

The problem is really Ashley.

No he won't be, nor should he be.

Should he leave the football club in the very near future, CH would be the first manager since Sir Bobby to leave the club in a generally better state than when he took over. Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Keegan (sadly), Kinnear & Shearer all failed to progess the team during their tenures.

Secondly I think we're been somwhat spoilt by the reputations of most of the men who've been managing us for the last 20 years - so much so that we almost believe we're entitled to a big name manager. Ardlies, Keegan, Dalglish, Gullit & Souness were all well known on the world stage as players. Sir Bobby of course was a respected manger both of club and country. The appointments of Roeder, Allardyce & Hughton were never welcomed as much as manager - of course neither was Souness.

Hughton is in a way comparable to Arthur Cox - relative unknown but who has quietly gone about the job with limited funds and limited fuss. And there's certainly been positve steps forward. Just hope the current board treats him better than the mess that Cox worked under...

• 2 weeks later...

chris. big up yourself. fully deserved the hughton wonderland chorus. give the man a new contract. what more does he need to do? big name managers aren't always the answer.

Ashley deserves little credit for unearthing hughton- to him he was the cheap option. But sometimes you stumble upon a manager that doesn't come with a big reputation or personality and isn't fancied to do a great job yet turns out to be a gem. Ashley may have accidentally stumbled across the right fit for us.

Ashley deserves little credit for unearthing hughton- to him he was the cheap option. But sometimes you stumble upon a manager that doesn't come with a big reputation or personality and isn't fancied to do a great job yet turns out to be a gem. Ashley may have accidentally stumbled across the right fit for us.

Refusing to acknowledge that Ashley or somebody who works for him could have made a good judge of character in appointing Hughton. Harsh imo.

Refusing to acknowledge that Ashley or somebody who works for him could have made a good judge of character in appointing Hughton. Harsh imo.

Hardly, it wasn't some kind of cunning master Plan, Ashely got Hughton because he was cheap, luckily for us he seems to be the real deal, so the fat lad gets no credit from me