Islamophobia in the US

Happy Face

You just sending yourself up now btw? ATP had you sussed from the off tbh.

I don't see what this has to do with the topic at hand, obviously you're trying to employ some array of confusing tactics to evade the debate.

Alex is like a sub captain with his 'countermeasures'. :lol:

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what I mean. Cats have no concept of life and death man. They chase mice the same way they chase leafs. Cos they move around and are fun to chase. Cats dont blow up a church cos there might be a bloke in their who might be a terrorist, or not.

What about chimpanzees then? They have been observed to fight in wars and commit atrocities verging on genocide. The point you seem to be missing is that human beings are animals, no better perhaps, but no worse either.

As for this 'mosque' business, what a depressing story spawning a depressingly predictable thread.

KD, very few human killings are just for the sake of killing, they are in wars which are on the whole derived from our animalistic pack-mentality of confrontation over land and power. This is derived from our genetic inheritance and observed in nearly all species on earth. Even plants fight for supremacy in their own way.

I'm always a bit suspicious of men who love cats. Whiff of lavendar tbh.

I'd normally agree although I wouldn't say that to Shinton's face. Well I did actually once, but then quickly said I was only kidding.

It probably originated somewhere within the bleeding heart liberal sect with a cry of, "ooh we have to respect their culture, yada yada." I'd like to hear you say that if some Imam was chopping your clitoris off. Like I said before it has insidious undertones and was thrown at Salman Rushdie for writing a book and at people for publishing a cartoon. That is unacceptable; I will gladly call out racism and prejudice where I see it but 'Islamophobia' is a nonsense.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

It probably originated somewhere within the bleeding heart liberal sect with a cry of, "ooh we have to respect their culture, yada yada." I'd like to hear you say that if some Imam was chopping your clitoris off. Like I said before it has insidious undertones and was thrown at Salman Rushdie for writing a book and at people for publishing a cartoon. That is unacceptable; I will gladly call out racism and prejudice where I see it but 'Islamophobia' is a nonsense.

they're just the modern day equivalent of naive CND protestors. What they don't get is the real racists are those they are defending.

Who exactly are the intellectual liberal left in America? I'll wait fot the belly laughs.

There is such a thing as what is being termed 'islamophobia.' That is the irrational fear of people based solely on the fact that they are Muslim. It is also known as racism. Maybe you've heard of it?

It is not racist to be afraid/intolerant of people who practice FGM, incite violence against 'non-believers', and do violence themselves. But it is racist to be afraid/intolerant of people because some other people who claim to be their co-religionists do practice those things.

It is not racist to want to stop this misnomer of a 'mosque' from being built because, say, it can be proven that they are being funded by Wahhabis from Saudi Arabia or because it can be proven that they are associated with Islamist groups from Yemen or Iran (neither of which, by the way, is the case.) But it is racist to want to stop this 'mosque' from being built because of the fear that they might do these things. Innocent until proven guilty, isn't that right?

All of this is just common sense and to be honest people who can't tell the difference between a terrorist and an ordinary person who happens to share the same religion as the terrorist claims he does - and as I have covered exhaustively in certain other posts, the 'Islam' of the terrorists is not the Islam of Mahmoud Khan who runs your local curry takeaway - are either too stupid for their opinion to matter, or are willfully disregarding what they know to be true in order to pursue their own agendas. I wonder which you are.

Have you heard of reading? You should try it, and cut out the condescending tone my friend. Let me highlight for you the relevant bit of my post:

"I WILL GLADLY CALL OUT RACISM AND PREJUDICE WHERE I SEE IT"

If you would read and understand my sentences it would be appreciated. I did not claim that racism and prejudice does not exist towards Muslims, clearly it does, and in large measures at the moment. However the problem with euphemisms such as 'Islamophobia' is that they are used to stigmatize people who are critical of the small elements of Islam - for instance radical Islamists - that are worthy of derision (There are examples of this happening to public figures if you want to get into that).

Let me put it very simply. If people are racist towards Muslims I call it racism, because that's what it is. 'Islamophobia' is a term which is used to stifle free expression and any criticism of Islam. I would cite the Danish cartoons fiasco as a recent high profile example of this. I have little quarrel personally with the vast majority of muslims, I find it an interesting religion culturally and historically. However it should not be beyond criticism and satire.

Have you heard of reading? You should try it, and cut out the condescending tone my friend. Let me highlight for you the relevant bit of my post:

"I WILL GLADLY CALL OUT RACISM AND PREJUDICE WHERE I SEE IT"

If you would read and understand my sentences it would be appreciated. I did not claim that racism and prejudice does not exist towards Muslims, clearly it does, and in large measures at the moment. However the problem with euphemisms such as 'Islamophobia' is that they are used to stigmatize people who are critical of the small elements of Islam - for instance radical Islamists - that are worthy of derision (There are examples of this happening to public figures if you want to get into that).

Let me put it very simply. If people are racist towards Muslims I call it racism, because that's what it is. 'Islamophobia' is a term which is used to stifle free expression and any criticism of Islam. I would cite the Danish cartoons fiasco as a recent high profile example of this. I have little quarrel personally with the vast majority of muslims, I find it an interesting religion culturally and historically. However it should not be beyond criticism and satire.

You will call it out when you see it. Great! But you must be one of the two things I mentioned in my last paragraph to not see it at work here as regards this 'mosque' - and on an institutional level as well. So which is it - stupid or willfully dense?

By the way, I sincerely doubt you signed up to a Newcastle United forum with a name that indicates knowledge of one of its members just to get in on a little political banter. So maybe you'll come back under your real username if you want to continue this debate. I don't intend to try to argue with people who lack the conviction of their beliefs to the extent that they post under fake names so their views can't be tracked back to them. Worried about your image?

I don't really understand what's going on here. Is it that bunch of easily led thicko's are demonstrating against a mosque that isn' t really a mosque at ground zero, but it isn't really at ground zero and Kevin.S is defending their right to be media led sheep?

Saturated fats has killed more Americans in America by a hundred thousand to one, perhaps Fox could have a ediorial piece against McDonalds and Wendy and KFC?

Edited by Park Life

@ Across the Pond

I support the potential building of the New York faith centre you horrific simpleton. I have a little tip for you. Read my sentences when you go through this thread. Find a sentence somewhere where I refer to a 'ground zero mosque' which I am outraged about and feel should not be built. I have not written a sentence stating anything of this nature.

This thread was about the protest and about the black man being moved along after stopping and swearing a bit at the protesters. I have no problem with any demonstrations, I believe in freedom of speech and expression and so on. I have mainly addressed points dealing with this. I am dubious of people who become incensed at protests which are perhaps bigoted in nature, especially regarding Islam. This is because freedom of expression has been denied when it takes the form of a criticism or satire of Islam, and I find that unacceptable. It is acceptable to show a cartoon of Jesus of Nazareth shitting all over George Bush on American television, but a drawing of Muhammed is not allowed (See South Park). As I have written several times now this is partly due to euphemisms such as Islamophobia. I do not recall hearing of cases of Catholicophobia, Hinduophobia, Zoroasterophobia, Bhuddismophobia. Let's be honest and call it what it is.

As for your repeated and unwarranted ad hominem attacks on me, frankly there is no need for you to blow up like this. It shows a lack of tact on your part and a failure to deal with or even understand my points, as you have clearly misrepresented what I have written. I will be charitable and assume English is not your first language.

I had been browsing the forum for several weeks and decided to join. I didn't realise this would represent a problem. This sort of topic interests me, I did intend to give Kevin some advice after his terrific A level results (reached his full potential imo), but I got dragged into this one.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt