Islamophobia in the US

Happy Face

why not build one a little further uptown instead?

Because they got the building cheap?

Because it's already being used as a mosque and has been for a year?

Because there's already a mosque within 5 blocks of Ground Zero and no one has protested at it's existence?

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do some people always take the anti-west/anti-establishment side to discussions like this. How naive are they, do they really just no get human behaviour. These fuckers are cunts man, stop defending them because they would not defend you if the situation was reversed.

i agree; it is ironic the way the islamofacists have so many allies in liberal western society.

if i was a new yorker, i'd have strong feelings about a mosque being built so close to the site of the world's biggest ever terrorist atrocity.

clearly they're not all terrorists. but shouldn't moderate muslims be a bit more clued up as to the reaction this move would surely trigger?

maybe it is deliberate provocation by these so called "moderate muslims"...........

Lets face it, they don't give a fuck what the softies in the west think of anything else they attempt to do in the name of their "tolerant religion"

I bet they spunk in your takeaway curry as well.

you forgot the usual wink

That's wank, surely.

seems like your cage is a bit rattled there Alex.

I think the 'liberals support Islam' thing is just another piece of propaganda for the right to beat 'liberals' with. 'Liberal' is now as dirty a word in America as communism was it seems. It's just more straw man bullshit imo. I've never came across anyone of a remotely liberal viewpoint who supported Sharia law.

The president of the U.S. has spoken in support of the construction of this recreational prayer centre or whatever it is going to be. A minority of protesters consisting largely of dedicated Fox viewers (The Tea Party) with low IQs have had some demonstrations, and Newt Gingrich has played to these crowds in some recent speeches. What is your problem with this? Do you have a problem with the citizens of a country staging protests? Do you have a problem with a political figure making a speech containing views you find distasteful or even abhorrent?

Dedicated Fox viewers?

I think the 'liberals support Islam' thing is just another piece of propaganda for the right to beat 'liberals' with. 'Liberal' is now as dirty a word in America as communism was it seems. It's just more straw man bullshit imo. I've never came across anyone of a remotely liberal viewpoint who supported Sharia law.

The president of the U.S. has spoken in support of the construction of this recreational prayer centre or whatever it is going to be. A minority of protesters consisting largely of dedicated Fox viewers (The Tea Party) with low IQs have had some demonstrations, and Newt Gingrich has played to these crowds in some recent speeches. What is your problem with this? Do you have a problem with the citizens of a country staging protests? Do you have a problem with a political figure making a speech containing views you find distasteful or even abhorrent?

I already mentioned the president being in favour of it. Where have I said people shouldn't be allowed to express their views? By the same token surely I am allowed to find some of those views unpleasant. Your post's barely relevant to what I was saying anyway like so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

You have to deifferentiate between "supporting Islam" and supporting people rights to be Muslims - I feel the same way about Christianity, Judaism and the rest - they're all fucking idiots for believing it, but they should have the right to do so.

I don't see how that makes me some kind of terrorist sympathiser.

You've crossed that imaginery line between being intelligent to being a danger to the state. :lol:

You have to deifferentiate between "supporting Islam" and supporting people rights to be Muslims - I feel the same way about Christianity, Judaism and the rest - they're all fucking idiots for believing it, but they should have the right to do so.

I don't see how that makes me some kind of terrorist sympathiser.

You have to differentiate between people expressing views and governments oppressing a religion. I may not agree with what they have to say... you know Voltaire and all that shit. Cya l8er my taxis beeping outside I'm going maccy Ds

why do some people always take the anti-west/anti-establishment side to discussions like this. How naive are they, do they really just no get human behaviour. These fuckers are cunts man, stop defending them because they would not defend you if the situation was reversed.

i agree; it is ironic the way the islamofacists have so many allies in liberal western society.

if i was a new yorker, i'd have strong feelings about a mosque being built so close to the site of the world's biggest ever terrorist atrocity.

clearly they're not all terrorists. but shouldn't moderate muslims be a bit more clued up as to the reaction this move would surely trigger?

maybe it is deliberate provocation by these so called "moderate muslims"...........

Lets face it, they don't give a fuck what the softies in the west think of anything else they attempt to do in the name of their "tolerant religion"

That's wank, surely.

Those last two posts by me were an obvious piss-take. Or so I thought. :lol:

I already mentioned the president being in favour of it. Where have I said people shouldn't be allowed to express their views? By the same token surely I am allowed to find some of those views unpleasant. Your post's barely relevant to what I was saying anyway like so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

I just don't see why you're getting your knickers in such a twist over a relatively small protest. I'm assuming you are in favour of freedom of expression etc.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

That's wank, surely.

Those last two posts by me were an obvious piss-take. Or so I thought. :lol:

aye. Well if you want to make your own curries all you have to do is ask :huh:

Tbf, you obviously have strong feelings about it anyway Dan so don't play that 'if I was a New Yorker' card.

i have strong feelings about people who blow planes into buildings, yeah.

i think the reaction of the people in new york is easier to understand than the decision by the muslim community in manhattan to commission a mosque to be built so close to ground zero. you'd think they'd have a bit of common sense. why not build one a little further uptown instead?

At least Leazes has the intellectual honesty to say what he believes and defend it, this half arsed they should build it further away argument is even more offensive to me

i don't agree with leazes. he's tarnishing all muslims with the same brush. i'm not. there are plenty of moderate average joe muslims out there. i don't get why they couldn't see that this move would open a can of worms.

My general anti-religion view aside, I wouldn't blame the Muslims if they gave up - they were /are trying to build a centre to build inter-faith relations and that's the reaction.

As HF said, they are reacting all over the country to Mosques - so much for freedom of religion.

Do you care to cite examples of this sort of behaviour en masse across the states? What I'm insinuating is I doubt you'll find evidence that the majority of a populace numbering over 300 million are taking part in this sort of rabid nonsense, and if a relatively small protest like this breaks your heart in such a manner what do you propose? So much for freedom of speech...

I'm all for freedom of speech, if you watch the clip you'll see the black man getting moved on for trying to engage with the protesters and discuss their concerns.

Examples of other protests against mosques in other states.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...ST2010082202944

Also, you have to laugh when you realise the Pentagon was rebuilt after 9/11 with a mosque inside.

I just don't see why you're getting your knickers in such a twist over a relatively small protest. I'm assuming you are in favour of freedom of expression etc.

x3 attempt at the bait. :lol:

My general anti-religion view aside, I wouldn't blame the Muslims if they gave up - they were /are trying to build a centre to build inter-faith relations and that's the reaction.

As HF said, they are reacting all over the country to Mosques - so much for freedom of religion.

Do you care to cite examples of this sort of behaviour en masse across the states? What I'm insinuating is I doubt you'll find evidence that the majority of a populace numbering over 300 million are taking part in this sort of rabid nonsense, and if a relatively small protest like this breaks your heart in such a manner what do you propose? So much for freedom of speech...

I'm all for freedom of speech, if you watch the clip you'll see the black man getting moved on for trying to engage with the protesters and discuss their concerns.

Examples of other protests against mosques in other states.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...ST2010082202944

Also, you have to laugh when you realise the Pentagon was rebuilt after 9/11 with a mosque inside.

These are the kinds of things why there is always hope for America. Fuvk didn't know that.

Already explained why tbh. Using a gesture of goodwill as something to stir up hatred and the more general use of Islamophobia as political capital. And your assumption's correct. ffs :lol:

Edited by alex

Tbf, you obviously have strong feelings about it anyway Dan so don't play that 'if I was a New Yorker' card.

i think the reaction of the people in new york is easier to understand than the decision by the muslim community in manhattan to commission a mosque to be built so close to ground zero. you'd think they'd have a bit of common sense. why not build one a little further uptown instead?

At least Leazes has the intellectual honesty to say what he believes and defend it, this half arsed they should build it further away argument is even more offensive to me

i don't agree with leazes. he's tarnishing all muslims with the same brush. i'm not. there are plenty of moderate average joe muslims out there. i don't get why they couldn't see that this move would open a can of worms.

I'm not. I realise not all muslims are terrorists, but I bet you there are more with those sympathies than people realise, because they don't behave or speak about their sympathies.

I do agree with you, that this is a "can of worms" and I just wonder how much deliberate provocation is behind it.

I stand by my general views on this sort of thing. The softie west [just so Bro.Parky can highlight it again] doesn't realise what it is doing.

I'm not. I realise not all muslims are terrorists, but I bet you there are more with those sympathies than people realise, because they don't behave or speak about their sympathies.

This sort of discrimination only worsens that btw. Gives ammo to the arseholes trying to radicalise people. Is that something to encourage.

'Yo man I aint no motherfuckin' muslim man y'all motherfuckers don't even know my opinion y'alll'

Yes I agree it's unfortunate he was moved along for engaging in discussion and articulating so eloquently his concerns at the protest.

He said his piece and there was no violence fortunately. Do you want him to get an hour on Larry King or Charlie Rose to further stimulate the discussion on this issue?

"yo larry man I aint even no motherfuckin muslim yo I was just trying to get to kentucky fried chicken and these honkys were all crowded up an shit in the way I put a jihad on those motherfuckers'.

I'd go along with that like. Especially given the points ewerk's made. The facts get in the way of the blatant agendas though so they tend to get canned. Muslims wanting to build a cultural centre next to an existing mosque quite close to ground zero isn't as good a story, however.

This sort of discrimination only worsens that btw. Gives ammo to the arseholes trying to radicalise people. Is that something to encourage.

Strange, but I would say deliberate provocation by the racists who want you to kneel on a mat 5 times a day just like they do which preys on the naive softies in the west worsens the situation.

Still, we all have our opinions.

Strange, but I would say deliberate provocation by the racists who want you to kneel on a mat 5 times a day just like they do which preys on the naive softies in the west worsens the situation.

Still, we all have our opinions.

:lol:

Already explained why tbh. Using a gesture of goodwill as something to stir up hatred and the more general use of Islamophobia as political capital. And your assumption's correct. ffs :lol:

There's nothing to suggest this 'Islamophobia' as you call it (I hate euphemisms) will be used successfully for political gain; as I say Gingrich is the most prevalent in trying it but he may not be taken seriously in an election. Palin undermined the GOP's campaign so badly as the VP pick that a black guy with a name similar to Osama became the President. Certainly her stupidity was a significant factor in the Republican loss.

This Imam is a moderate who has long tried to reach out to other faiths

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archiv...been-one/61761/

'Ground Zero' Imam: 'I Am a Jew, I Have Always Been One'

In 2003, Imam Rauf was invited to speak at a memorial service for Daniel Pearl, the journalist murdered by Islamist terrorists in Pakistan. The service was held at B'nai Jeshurun, a prominent synagogue in Manhattan, and in the audience was Judea Pearl, Daniel Pearl's father. In his remarks, Rauf identified absolutely with Pearl, and identified himself absolutely with the ethical tradition of Judaism. "I am a Jew," he said.

He wants to build this outreach centre to promote understanding and reconcilliation. People ar ealways asking for moderate Muslims to come forward - one has and look at the response

As I said at least Leazes is honest

This Imam is a moderate who has long tried to reach out to other faiths

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archiv...been-one/61761/

'Ground Zero' Imam: 'I Am a Jew, I Have Always Been One'

In 2003, Imam Rauf was invited to speak at a memorial service for Daniel Pearl, the journalist murdered by Islamist terrorists in Pakistan. The service was held at B'nai Jeshurun, a prominent synagogue in Manhattan, and in the audience was Judea Pearl, Daniel Pearl's father. In his remarks, Rauf identified absolutely with Pearl, and identified himself absolutely with the ethical tradition of Judaism. "I am a Jew," he said.

He wants to build this outreach centre to promote understanding and reconcilliation. People ar ealways asking for moderate Muslims to come forward - one has and look at the response

As I said at least Leazes is honest

i'm being honest too. the reference to sep 11 was an attempt to demonstrate that i have some compassion for the people in new york who are objecting to this. september 11 2001 isn't that long ago.

i have nothing against the people behind the new mosque and despite their intentions, which look good enough, they should have predicted that this would turn out the way it has. they should have known better.

america is a very conservative place by european standards. the reaction there has been overblown but very predictable.