This Is England '86

Tooj

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chronicle Bingo - me nana won 50 quid :)

I won the £10 face in the crowd - strictly 90s as it was the Boro (1-4) game which I had to watch at SJP after failing to get a ticket for the game.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

I won the £10 face in the crowd - strictly 90s as it was the Boro (1-4) game which I had to watch at SJP after failing to get a ticket for the game.

Haha the screen was shite, couldnt see fuck all hardly. Norman whoever he was led the whole Gallowgate on to the pitch and I ended up taking a 2 foot piece of grass home from the penalty spot. Wonder what people must've though on the bus. In fact I'm actually on telly on the pitch, I was on the Warner Bros vid that came out shortly afterwards in a white arran jumper.

5 points for whoever can tell me who scored for the toon that day.

Edited by Tuco Ramirez

Haha the screen was shite, couldnt see fuck all hardly. Norman whoever he was led the whole Gallowgate on to the pitch and I ended up taking a 2 foot piece of grass home from the penalty spot. Wonder what people must've though on the bus. In fact I'm actually on telly on the pitch, I was on the Warner Bros vid that came out shortly afterwards in a white arran jumper.

I think we left after about 30 minutes/when it was 2-0 as it was pointless watching it.

Somebody minor like Lormor or Nielsen?

I hope the show turns out to be more interesting than the trailer. Just looks like a money making excuse atm.

I love how half the people on here crowing on about how class it looks, and how many memories it brings back were about 4 years old in 1986 :)

Guest Tuco Ramirez

I think we left after about 30 minutes/when it was 2-0 as it was pointless watching it.

Somebody minor like Lormor or Nielsen?

No it wasn't. I don't think you'll find it by googling it.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
I hope the show turns out to be more interesting than the trailer. Just looks like a money making excuse atm.

I love how half the people on here crowing on about how class it looks, and how many memories it brings back were about 4 years old in 1986 :)

7 or 8 I was. I can vividly remember the World Cup, so that was the start of my era.

the adenture game. anybody remember that? that bit with the vortex at the end used to look state of the art - http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/adventuregame/trivia.shtml

chockablock and let's pretend - they don't make kid's tv like that anymore

giant refreshers and wham bars at the school tuck shop

watching grandstand climax with des lynham reading the results coming in on the state of the art viddy printer

saint and greavsie on a saturday afternoon.

bullseye on a sunday afternoon

Edited by Dr Gloom

The last refuge of the terminally uninspired - a "criticism" that can only be countered with "no no no, I am actually that old". Pricktastic.

I wish :lol:

Guest Tuco Ramirez

I wish :lol:

A naa me too. I can confirm that not all people born in 1982 are tools though.

Do you actually know how old the people who are commenting on this thread are, or are you just being a tit?

The last refuge of the terminally uninspired - a "criticism" that can only be countered with "no no no, I am actually that old". Pricktastic.

Don't worry, I accounted for old farts like you

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Tbf, when he tries to be canny everyone ignores him.

:) Must try harder. Honestly though I've heard he's a really nice kid. Funny why people have to be different on here.

It does look shit though tbf :)

On topic though, Used to love my Wildcat

wildcat.jpg

ha, you would have eaten my dust in my grifter.

well perhaps not. but i would have come off better if we were in an accident. fuck me they were like tanks. the 80s bike equivalent of a volvo estate

wildcat.jpg

That reminds me of a bike I always used to drool over when I was a nipper. Don't know if it is the same one but it had some sort of red led lights somewhere on it.

Which reminds me...for some reason, all the young lads used to mock anyone that had a Honda motorbike as if Honda is the worst bike you can get and they used to think that the bike on Street Hawk was cool (even though it was a Honda). Possibly something to do with boon making motorbikes look uncool at the time. Or Barry 'the raddish' Taylor!

wildcat.jpg

well perhaps not. but i would have come off better if we were in an accident. fuck me they were like tanks. the 80s bike equivalent of a volvo estate

I got one purely because of the gear change on the handle bars. I'd say it was built more like a Lada (another 80s thing), must have been made from cast iron or lead. Shite bike, especially since BMX's were coming out at the time.

wildcat.jpg

I got one purely because of the gear change on the handle bars. I'd say it was built more like a Lada (another 80s thing), must have been made from cast iron or lead. Shite bike, especially since BMX's were coming out at the time.

A few of the kids in our street were using these bad boys

RACING-BIKE-13540473898.jpg