Corden and everything that's wrong with "footy"

Meenzer

I absolutely loved Fantasy Football, but I wonder whether it was the Pandaro's Box for laddish rubbish like Cordon and Lovejoy.

It's a fine line many producers can't distinguish. Baddiel and Skinner and Danny Baker and Danny Kelly know an absolute shitload about the game and they use their knoweldge and shape their comedy around it.

Corden and Richard Bacon know fuck all and are brought in to do inane shows for people who only like football once every 4 years....they frame their references for people with that level of knowledge.

Nicely summed up. Richard Bacon once admitted he'd never played a game of football in his life. Not even a kickabout down the park. A bit like HTT :lol:

:huh:

I absolutely loved Fantasy Football, but I wonder whether it was the Pandaro's Box for laddish rubbish like Cordon and Lovejoy.

It's a fine line many producers can't distinguish. Baddiel and Skinner and Danny Baker and Danny Kelly know an absolute shitload about the game and they use their knoweldge and shape their comedy around it.

Corden and Richard Bacon know fuck all and are brought in to do inane shows for people who only like football once every 4 years....they frame their references for people with that level of knowledge.

Nicely summed up. Richard Bacon once admitted he'd never played a game of football in his life. Not even a kickabout down the park. A bit like HTT :lol:

Thinking about it a bit more, I think the best football shows are just about what the creators loved about it when they were younger.

Fantasy football was largley based around old football....phoenix from the flames, St and Greavsie investigate, Jeff Astle etc. The theme tune based on the 1970 world cup song. Their own world cup song based on the last 30 years of England failures.

You wouldn't guess a ball had been kicked prior to 1992 if you watched Soccer AM and i can't imagine many people involved in the show would know if one had.

Edited by Happy Face

wouldn't guess a ball had been kicked prior to 1992 if you watched Soccer AM and i can't imagine many people involved in the show would know if one had.

On the whole I think Soccer AM at least used to be tolerable and/or funny but I remember one thing summing it up when they referred to "League 1" being the "second division in old money" - no you should have said the third you stupid twats.

wouldn't guess a ball had been kicked prior to 1992 if you watched Soccer AM and i can't imagine many people involved in the show would know if one had.

On the whole I think Soccer AM at least used to be tolerable and/or funny but I remember one thing summing it up when they referred to "League 1" being the "second division in old money" - no you should have said the third you stupid twats.

Soccer AM is unfunny but that James Corden show was on a different level, he's just an unfunny, fat, sycophantic twat with absolutely no redeeming features. I genuinely can't fathom his popularity.

I flicked on once to see he had Chris Moyles on as a guest. I took it as a sign that the apocalypse was imminent.

Never saw the footy show but we get a dire sketch show with Corden and some other bloke in NZ. From the 15 minutes I watched it was terrible, like two sidekicks and no funny man. I suspect we get shows like this on the cheap here because they've gone down with all hands on deck in the UK.

The article in the OP is fantastic.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
cordon's main source of humour is that he's fat. soon gets tired. male version of dawn french tbh

He's got a bigger female following than you though.

cordon's main source of humour is that he's fat. soon gets tired. male version of dawn french tbh

at least i've got your mam cooking me breakfast

The company that made the fucking cringeworthy Cordon World Cup show was called Fulwell 73.... nuff said really.

Should have gone the whole Hog and called themselves Fulwell Television Management 73.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

37 year old

37 year old

She must of had you early, I saw you say you were about 30 in some thread.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

37 year old

She must of had you early, I saw you say you were about 30 in some thread.

That should be have, to be pedantic . :)

37 year old

reaching her sexual peak tbh

Guest Tuco Ramirez

37 year old

Makes no difference to you though when you look like Alan Beith.

37 year old

Makes no difference to you though when you look like Alan Beith.

i have don't have a comeback to match that one :)