Everton 0-1 NUFC

maggiespaws

Ex-everton player, Barry something I think.

Barry Horne

One of the 'Dogs of War'. Who were the others? John Ebbrell was one.

God yeah, Joe Royal was destroying football with that shower long before Allardyce came to the prem! I remember the game at St James' where Everton had 3 sent off, they whinged but it should have been 5 or 6 they were an absolute disgrace to the game of football that night.

But i can't remember who the rest of the shower of shit were that played in that "football" team as Ebbrell was the only other name i could think of!

Joe Parkinson.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Ex-everton player, Barry something I think.

Barry Horne

One of the 'Dogs of War'. Who were the others? John Ebbrell was one.

God yeah, Joe Royal was destroying football with that shower long before Allardyce came to the prem! I remember the game at St James' where Everton had 3 sent off, they whinged but it should have been 5 or 6 they were an absolute disgrace to the game of football that night.

But i can't remember who the rest of the shower of shit were that played in that "football" team as Ebbrell was the only other name i could think of!

See in the year of 1996 calendar year. Everton amassed more points than any other team, hard to believe but true. Royle did a good job, they never had the money of the big clubs but made a good job of it, same as Moyes has done.

Certainly in the Premiership era we've had the upper hand against them. I remember just one defeat really and that was when they had Gravesen and Gazza in midfield. We battered them but Campbell got the only goal late on, I remember that jock left back and some Israeli made their debuts that day.

86 though when they beat us 0-4 on Boxing Day when you look at the names on their team sheet you think aye they look ok but not that good, the way they played as a team that day was as good as anything we've seen here from an away team.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Earl Barrett did come from Oldham 19 years ago. At the time, as Britain's most racist club, the fans were up in arms at signing a black player. It says everything about the club that Earl Barrett in 1991 (NINETEEN NINETY ONE), was the first black player in the history of Everton Football Club.

you're right there stevie, everton did struggle to silence the racism in the terraces for a lot longer than other clubs.

my dad is an everton fan, having grown up in the area, and i used to watch them a couple of times a year as a boy when visiting family in liverpool with my dad and granddad. i remember watching the mersyside derby at goodison years back and everton fans chanting "everton are white" and making monkey noises at john barnes. racism in the crowds at the time wasn't frowned upon to the extent that it is today but it was still pretty shocking for me - you didn't get it to that extent at the time at st james.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Guest Tuco Ramirez
you're right there stevie, everton did struggle to silence the racism in the terraces for a lot longer than other clubs.

my dad is an everton fan, having grown up in the area, and i used to watch them a couple of times a year as a boy when visiting family in liverpool with my dad and granddad. i remember watching the mersyside derby at goodison years back and everton fans chanting "everton are white" and making monkey noises at john barnes. racism in the crowds at the time wasn't frowned upon to the extent that it is today but it was still pretty shocking for me - you didn't get it to that extent at the time at st james.

I remember when Liverpool played them about 87/88, live game on BBC. The Kop sang Liverpool Liverpool Liverpool, and then Johnny Barnes Johnny Barnes Johnny Barnes, to the same tune. Then quick as a flash from the Anfield Road End where the blue dippers were situated "Niggerpool Niggerpool Niggerpool" I'll always remember that. They've always been a wrongun horrible little club supported largely by uneducated racist scrotes.

Earl Barrett did come from Oldham 19 years ago. At the time, as Britain's most racist club, the fans were up in arms at signing a black player. It says everything about the club that Earl Barrett in 1991 (NINETEEN NINETY ONE), was the first black player in the history of Everton Football Club.

Simply not true.

Tiote quite literally didnt put a foot wrong on Saturday...not sure how much you can go on statistics alone, but on the face of it this is very impressive......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/se...kboard-analysis

43 passes, 43 completed. One of the most amazing stats I've ever seen. Even the best players misplace 10.

Here's a couple of excellent articles people might find interesting;

The reason why Arsene Wenger loves Denilson

His performance against West Ham demonstrated this well. 73 passes attempted, 73 passes completed

And here's a piece called 'What does a central midfielder do in 2010?'

also, here's a quick graph of successful passes from Arsenal-v-Barca last year

arsenal-2-2-barcelona-passing-2.jpg

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Simply not true.

What's not true? Halfcaste's don't count.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2000/jan/07/race.world

Simply not true.

:)

And Cliff Marshall was no 'halfcaste'.

Also, well done on linking to an article where we come out as the fifth most racist club. :omgwank:

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Simply not true.

Also, well done on linking to an article where we come out as the fifth most racist club. :bloodywank:

He hardly counts, 7 games in the 70's. Their first proper signed black player was Earl Barrett, that's a fact and that's the nature of the club. Cliff Marshall I bet he was on the tip of your tongue..... :omgwank:

Also, well done on linking to an article where we come out as the fifth most racist club. :)

Not that it was ever an excuse, but I always found it interesting that a place like Newcastle which probably has the lowest black population of any English city did have a problem with racism at football (as did/do the Mackems) which is sort of understandable from a "fear of anything different" point of view since not many people in the NE mixed with many black immigrants. I always thought that made places like West Ham worse in some ways as they must have had black mates growing up - the same applies to Liverpool/Everton.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Daniel Amokachi signed for them in '94, Barrett in '95.

That's even worse 1994 before they signed their first ever black player. I thought Barrett left Oldham for Everton I was wrong, I knew he played for Villa, but thought it was after the BD. In hindsight I remember him playing for Villa in 92/93 when they threw the league away.

Simply not true.

Also, well done on linking to an article where we come out as the fifth most racist club. :bloodywank:

He hardly counts, 7 games in the 70's. Their first proper signed black player was Earl Barrett, that's a fact and that's the nature of the club. Cliff Marshall I bet he was on the tip of your tongue..... :omgwank:

So the 'halfcaste' who scored two goals for them in an FA Cup final doesn't count either?

And I didn't claim to know any of this myself, I just knew that you were wrong. Whether they played 7 or 700 games, they had still signed black players before Earl Barrett.

And I'm also not saying that they didn't have a big problem with racism.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Simply not true.

So the 'halfcaste' who scored two goals for them in an FA Cup final doesn't count either?

And I didn't claim to know any of this myself, I just knew that you were wrong. Whether they played 7 or 700 games, they had still signed black players before Earl Barrett.

And I'm also not saying that they didn't have a big problem with racism.

No Mike Trebilcock looked more white than black. No they hadn't apart from Amokachi and I got my dates wrong there, Marshall was a youth product, and Trebilcock wasn't black.

So one doesn't count because he wasn't black enough and the other doesn't count because he was signed as a school kid?

What is your definition of black enough then Stevie? Only if they look like a pair of floating eyeballs in a dark room?

Guest Tuco Ramirez
So one doesn't count because he wasn't black enough and the other doesn't count because he was signed as a school kid?

What is your definition of black enough then Stevie? Only if they look like a pair of floating eyeballs in a dark room?

Aye they didn't sign a black player for a fee till the mid 90's which emphasises my point, and aye.