Beer

shackbleep

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Budvar followed by Carlsberg, how can you do that man?

That's like saying you've just been round Cheryl Cole's to sample her beef curtains, then on the way home you pop into Deirde from Corrie's to get some vinegar stroke action.

Budvar followed by Carlsberg, how can you do that man?

That's like saying you've just been round Cheryl Cole's to sample her beef curtains, then on the way home you pop into Deirde from Corrie's to get some vinegar stroke action.

4 pints pissed then a change of venue to a less...refined establishment.

Tastes like dishwater.

Reacquainted myself with Kristallweizen in Germany last weekend. Greatly looking forward to becoming long-term bedfellows with it in Düsseldorf from next Saturday.

220px-Hefeweizen_and_kristallweizen.jpg

The one on the left. Get in.

Tonight's drop of choice. Not heard anything about it so it might be absolutely fucking awful. Was drawn in by the champagne-style cork...

4275738073_a9f9a10b95.jpg

Tonight's drop of choice. Not heard anything about it so it might be absolutely fucking awful. Was drawn in by the champagne-style cork...

4275738073_a9f9a10b95.jpg

Jury's in... that's stuff is fucking lush. Carries the Sainsbury's brand if anyone's interested in giving it a go.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alex

Must get myself to Rehills as I haven't seen Goose Island in many places. It's absolutely lovely. That Blue Moon is nice too. Had it in either The Tyne or The Free Trade.

Must get myself to Rehills as I haven't seen Goose Island in many places. It's absolutely lovely. That Blue Moon is nice too. Had it in either The Tyne or The Free Trade.

I had a Blue Moon yesterday, had never seen it before. When she put the slice of orange in the top can't say I was too impressed (I didn't order a fucking cocktail, pet) but it went down a treat.

Guest alex

I had a Blue Moon yesterday, had never seen it before. When she put the slice of orange in the top can't say I was too impressed (I didn't order a fucking cocktail, pet) but it went down a treat.

Think I might've had it with one in too. Slice of lemon is nice in Hoegaarden so it's similar to that I suppose.

Blue Moon is a favourite tipple of mine. Only ever seen it in London though. Did you get it in a boozer Trophyshy?

I did mate, but it was up in Wokingham. However a quick Google suggests it is available here... http://www.queensheadbrighton.co.uk/

Thats my preferred choice of pub to watch all the televised toon games as well ! I cant believe I have never spotted it in there. :icon_lol:

I hadn't had Blue Moon or Goose Island til I went to America, but there was a couple of nights we were sick of the usual lager fare so we gave them both a shot. To be fair though we only bought Goose Island because the tap was a plastic Goose, and it was staring at me.

Blue Moon by the pint was lush but pretty strong I think, if the night was anything to go by. We were getting the orange slice in the pint aswell, with that and another one called Shock Top.

You can get that Blue Moon on tap in the Brandling Arms on Gosforth High Street, complete with orange slice. Nice tipple.

No way, can you really? There's some decent beers in the Brandling tbf. Didn't know they had that though.