Wigan ~ Toon

snakehips

I'd love either of them here - not going to happen though! As shit as they are, Rangers are a better prospect....

63104[/snapback]

How exactly are they a better prospect??

;)

63123[/snapback]

I think they have a more realistic chance of qualifying for Europe....

63128[/snapback]

So does TNS in Wales but that doesn't make them a better prospect.

If Shearer and the fat man have already agreed on the step up next season, then forget Milburn's record and Shearer should have the balls to take the job NOW.

If he doesn't then he's not ready next season either.

63136[/snapback]

Comparing TNS with Rangers is hardly realistic now is it?

63141[/snapback]

Yes and no. You made the point about Europe , I'm just pointing out that even TNS has that chance.

Craig, we still have a chance via the league if the team is sorted now.

Wait much longer and we will be trying to beat the stat Souness set last season, lowest finish in the Premier league for Newcastle ever.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just in the size of the squad, although it's obvious that Bellamy, Robert and Hughes should not have been sold.  These 3 players would make a positive difference imo. I also believe Souness has spent money on players we didn't need, the money would have been better spent on other parts of the team.

63139[/snapback]

Which ones?

Solano? (He was never replaced in the first place)

Owen? (Bellamy was never going to play for the club again as long as Shepherd/Souness/Shearer were involved)

Luque? (Robert said he was going - not that I think he was a direct replacement)

Parker - Awesome buy

Emre - Ditto

Boumsong - we needed a CB - bought the wrong man I agree!

Baba - ditto

Faye - utter stupidity

I'd love either of them here - not going to happen though! As shit as they are, Rangers are a better prospect....

63104[/snapback]

;)

63123[/snapback]

63128[/snapback]

If Shearer and the fat man have already agreed on the step up next season, then forget Milburn's record and Shearer should have the balls to take the job NOW.

63136[/snapback]

63141[/snapback]

Yes and no. You made the point about Europe , I'm just pointing out that even TNS has that chance.

63149[/snapback]

They have no chance of appoint Hitzfeld though - Rangers do and I think it's greater than ours...

63104[/snapback]

;)

63123[/snapback]

63128[/snapback]

63136[/snapback]

63141[/snapback]

63149[/snapback]

They have no chance of appoint Hitzfeld though - Rangers do and I think it's greater than ours...

63153[/snapback]

I think we would definitely have the edge over Rangers when it comes to attracting people like Le Guen, even if Rangers were doing well. We've got a number of fantastic players and there will always be more money to spend for the manager here than at Rangers. That and the fact that we play in the much-hyped Premier League and Rangers don't means we're not in such a bad position. The question is whether that fat excuse of a chairman will even consider appointing someone who doesn't speak perfect Geordie.

Not that it means anything because I can't see it happening anyway, but I remember Shepherd saying that he would consider resigning if his appointment of Souness didn't work out.

It's not just in the size of the squad, although it's obvious that Bellamy, Robert and Hughes should not have been sold.  These 3 players would make a positive difference imo. I also believe Souness has spent money on players we didn't need, the money would have been better spent on other parts of the team.

63139[/snapback]

Which ones?

Owen? (Bellamy was never going to play for the club again as long as Shepherd/Souness/Shearer were involved)

Luque? (Robert said he was going - not that I think he was a direct replacement)

Parker - Awesome buy

Emre - Ditto

Baba - ditto

Faye - utter stupidity

63150[/snapback]

And has this reduced the wage bill (taking also Moore into account, though he might be paid via a health insurance)?

I think that Souness signed some cracking players, partly on positions that needed improving, but becoming repetitive, I don't signing players makes a good manager. With notable exclusions I rather had the old squad and a decent manager...

63139[/snapback]

Which ones?

Parker - Awesome buy

Emre - Ditto

Baba - ditto

Faye - utter stupidity

63150[/snapback]

I don't think Parker is an awesome buy and neither is Emre. Both look to be decent enough players but I think you're getting carried away about them. Luque wasn't required and the 3 you imply are crap, are indeed, crap.

What we needed when Souness arrived ( in my opinion ) was a replacement for Shearer to play as a partner for Bellamy, and probably an entire new back four to be rebuilt in a proper order. By being unable to manage 2 players he forced massive expenditure in area's that didn't require strengthening, leaving us short elsewhere. He also decided to rebuild the midfield, which I believe should have been done after the defence was sorted.

BTW Owen isn't a replacement for Bellamy, he's a replcement for Shearer except Shearer hasn't gone yet. Owen is an out and out goalscorer, just like Shearer, he's not a 'supporting' striker, like Bellamy. So, as good as Owen is, having booted out Bellamy, the signing of Owen was not the correct one.

I think we would definitely have the edge over Rangers when it comes to attracting people like Le Guen, even if Rangers were doing well. We've got a number of fantastic players and there will always be more money to spend for the manager here than at Rangers. That and the fact that we play in the much-hyped Premier League and Rangers don't means we're not in such a bad position. The question is whether that fat excuse of a chairman will even consider appointing someone who doesn't speak perfect Geordie.

Not that it means anything because I can't see it happening anyway, but I remember Shepherd saying that he would consider resigning if his appointment of Souness didn't work out.

63160[/snapback]

Like I can understand people's reservations about us getting someone like Hitzfield or even Le Guen but what about Deschaump's?

He knows the premier league, he did really well at Monaco until they decided to sell all their stars (or not purchase Morientes) and not replace them.

63139[/snapback]

Which ones?

Parker - Awesome buy

Emre - Ditto

Baba - ditto

Faye - utter stupidity

63150[/snapback]

I don't think Parker is an awesome buy and neither is Emre. Both look to be decent enough players but I think you're getting carried away about them. Luque wasn't required and the 3 you imply are crap, are indeed, crap.

What we needed when Souness arrived ( in my opinion ) was a replacement for Shearer to play as a partner for Bellamy, and probably an entire new back four to be rebuilt in a proper order. By being unable to manage 2 players he forced massive expenditure in area's that didn't require strengthening, leaving us short elsewhere. He also decided to rebuild the midfield, which I believe should have been done after the defence was sorted.

BTW Owen isn't a replacement for Bellamy, he's a replcement for Shearer except Shearer hasn't gone yet. Owen is an out and out goalscorer, just like Shearer, he's not a 'supporting' striker, like Bellamy. So, as good as Owen is, having booted out Bellamy, the signing of Owen was not the correct one.

63163[/snapback]

I agree 100% with that. He has ruined a promising team ala Dogleash. we are going to have to be very careful who we appoint next.

63139[/snapback]

Which ones?

Parker - Awesome buy

Emre - Ditto

Baba - ditto

Faye - utter stupidity

63150[/snapback]

And has this reduced the wage bill (taking also Moore into account, though he might be paid via a health insurance)?

I think that Souness signed some cracking players, partly on positions that needed improving, but becoming repetitive, I don't signing players makes a good manager. With notable exclusions I rather had the old squad and a decent manager...

63161[/snapback]

Yes, I agree. On paper we do have better players in some areas, for example in midfield in Parker and Emre, compared to the likes of Jeeenarse. But we have a worse team now. In fact, Souness has reduced the team to shite in a very short space of time. It's amazing really, what this man has managed to do.

63139[/snapback]

Which ones?

Parker - Awesome buy

Emre - Ditto

Baba - ditto

Faye - utter stupidity

63150[/snapback]

63161[/snapback]

Yes, I agree. On paper we do have better players in some areas, for example in midfield in Parker and Emre, compared to the likes of Jeeenarse. But we have a worse team now. In fact, Souness has reduced the team to shite in a very short space of time. It's amazing really, what this man has managed to do.

63167[/snapback]

He's the only manager that could gather a better set of players than what he started with and transform them into serious relegation material.

63139[/snapback]

Which ones?

Parker - Awesome buy

Emre - Ditto

Baba - ditto

Faye - utter stupidity

63150[/snapback]

63163[/snapback]

I agree 100% with that. He has ruined a promising team ala Dogleash. we are going to have to be very careful who we appoint next.

63165[/snapback]

Yes, very similar to what Dalglish managed. It will be very interesting to see who is appointed next, I just hope that FS gets it right this time. He doesn't have a good track record of appointing managers, having only really appointed the right man once. (Robson).

63139[/snapback]

Which ones?

Parker - Awesome buy

Emre - Ditto

Baba - ditto

Faye - utter stupidity

63150[/snapback]

63161[/snapback]

63167[/snapback]

He's the only manager that could gather a better set of players than what he started with and transform them into serious relegation material.

63168[/snapback]

But, but, he saved us from relegation last season ... said Dougie. And apparently he is the one to save us from relegation this season...

63139[/snapback]

Which ones?

Parker - Awesome buy

Emre - Ditto

Baba - ditto

Faye - utter stupidity

63150[/snapback]

63161[/snapback]

63167[/snapback]

63168[/snapback]

But, but, he saved us from relegation last season ... said Dougie. And apparently he is the one to save us from relegation this season...

63171[/snapback]

If he manages to play enough matches Owen will save us from relegation. He's the get out of jail card, mate.

Saunders to manage us against Villa then? ;)

(You are aware that'll happen if we sack him now, right? What's more, he'll probably still be in charge against Arsenal! :angry:)

If we can't get the manager we want now give it to Roeder until the summer.

63186[/snapback]

the blokes got a dodgy ticker, you couldnt wish our team on him, he'd peg it after one game.

63198[/snapback]

Well if he did chances are we'd finally see one of our players actually run down the sideline, instead of cutting inside as Souness seems to want.

(You are aware that'll happen if we sack him now, right? What's more, he'll probably still be in charge against Arsenal! :angry:)

63196[/snapback]

you mean you still want him to stay?

We've given him his chance. He's had enough time and money to turn us around.

63196[/snapback]

you mean you still want him to stay?

We've given him his chance. He's had enough time and money to turn us around.

63207[/snapback]

Exactly how much 'turning around' did the club need, like?