The Apprentice

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

nowt fit about stella. liz on the other hand is well worth it.

i think liz has got to be favourite still. she's blatantly the best at presenting sales pitches and has that natural confidence most fit birds have.

i can't see any of the boys winning it. the three best were all in the boardroom last night and he could have walked any of them tbf.

The best three (all boys) were in the boardroom last night, but you can't see any boy winning it? That makes sense.

i meant the best three of the boys, all of them clearly better than that muppet stuart. though he was quite funny at least trying to speak german

I cant stand Stuart to but Id rather risk my money with him than James or Christopher, any day of the week.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think liz has got to be favourite still. she's blatantly the best at presenting sales pitches and has that natural confidence most fit birds have.

i can't see any of the boys winning it. the three best were all in the boardroom last night and he could have walked any of them tbf.

Dont agree. The way Joanna upsold the order at the hotel from 3 months supply to six was excellent. Dog with a bone. It should be one of them though.

that joana is way too agressive and pushy. might work on a contrived reality tv show but there's no way she'd do better than liz in a real life sales pitch

Pushy sales people will win in real life the majority of the time.

Dont agree. The way Joanna upsold the order at the hotel from 3 months supply to six was excellent. Dog with a bone. It should be one of them though.

that joana is way too agressive and pushy. might work on a contrived reality tv show but there's no way she'd do better than liz in a real life sales pitch

Not in my game. I've had complaint letters from clients about being too pushy, most of us get them from time to time, can drive clients away.

At the risk of stating the obvious, Liz's success in most sales negotiations is mainly down to how bonny she is. It gets her so far but I'm not actually struck by any major flair for business beyond that.

At the risk of stating the obvious, Liz's success in most sales negotiations is mainly down to how bonny she is. It gets her so far but I'm not actually struck by any major flair for business beyond that.

Fickle nature of life. You're drawn to good looking people it's a major advantage, than someone turning up who's minging using the same techniques. Human nature.

Fickle nature of life. You're drawn to good looking people it's a major advantage, than someone turning up who's minging using the same techniques. Human nature.

Agreed 100% and I made a similar point earlier in the thread. I spose what I mean is that's pretty much all there is to her though and it's a bit of a shame. If there was any actual business acumen allied to her good looks she'd be formidable. I actually think your Laura has sharper business insincts for instance (though as I said before she's still overly juvenile).

Not to say Liz is completely vacuous like, I credit her with common sense at least and all too often that's in alarmingly short supply on the Apprentice.

they really don't. people are more likely to buy of someone that charms them, not someone that tries to force something down your throat.

Agreed 100% and I made a similar point earlier in the thread. I spose what I mean is that's pretty much all there is to her though and it's a bit of a shame. If there was any actual business acumen allied to her good looks she'd be formidable. I actually think your Laura has sharper business insincts for instance (though as I said before she's still overly juvenile).

Not to say Liz is completely vacuous like, I credit her with common sense at least and all too often that's in alarmingly short supply on the Apprentice.

she's confident and articulate too though (edit - without being arrogant and obnoxious like lots of the others). she's been way better than most of the others - that's not all down to the fact that she'd get it.

Edited by Dr Gloom

they really don't. people are more likely to buy of someone that charms them, not someone that tries to force something down your throat.

True. I had some woman who was (only) fairly decent looking that grabbed my hand when walking through the shopping centre and tried to sell me some of their products. It was so see through & forceful it was embarrassing for her.

She was keep giving it the "You're a good looking guy" & "you have amazing eyes". Both untrue ;) . Then proceeded to give it the: "Why not? Its not that expensive. Look I'll throw product B in for 1/2 price"

Cringe worthy.

Edited by Holden McGroin

she's confident and articulate too though (edit - without being arrogant and obnoxious like lots of the others). she's been way better than most of the others - that's not all down to the fact that she'd get it.

She's confident like (again an asset) but I don't think I'd highlight her articulacy per se particularly. Stella is way better for instance.

Thinking with your middle wicket iyam, not that I blame you at all.

Has LAS used his catchphrase "cheap tut" this series yet? Haven't noticed it and am a bit disappointed as a consequence.

Don't remember hearing it this time round, actually. ;)

Pleased to see he's still "laying on" the prizes for the winners each week though.

Has LAS used his catchphrase "cheap tut" this series yet? Haven't noticed it and am a bit disappointed as a consequence.

Don't remember hearing it this time round, actually. :D

Pleased to see he's still "laying on" the prizes for the winners each week though.

;)

Getting worse all the time innit? "Go to the shops and a hotel". This bit has always looked like a joke compared to the American programme (program) like.

;)

Getting worse all the time innit? "Go to the shops and a hotel". This bit has always looked like a joke compared to the American programme (program) like.

That one the other week where they were in the tiniest corner of a bar having cocktails and a disco thing, what a load of shit. :)

I love the American version but I've only seen a few of the seasons. The one where Trump fires 5 of them in one go is one of my favourite episodes along with the one either before or after it. :razz:

I think Stella has been on the winning team every week, which is pretty remarkable.

She's head and shoulders above the rest for me.

Laura, whilst cute, has repeatedly tried to shy away from decisions. "The brand" is hilariously awful.

She's got even worse than that now though, she's got some pre-prepared spiel she trots out which basically says she agrees the decision, but it's definitely not her decision and she wants that on record. Comes across horrendously because viewed another way it's essentially the same thing as saying she has an opinion but she doesnt trust her own judgment. Stella looked like she could have chinned her the other night when she wheeled it out but to her credit she just bit down and carried on. Any of the other female PM's and that sort of flashpoint just descends into bitchfest meltdown.

Shame because Laura doesn't need to do any of that really because I think her judgment/instinct is actually quite good.

;)

A few weeks ago they went to a golf course for a few pints and that was it.

Don't remember hearing it this time round, actually. :)

;)

A few weeks ago they went to a golf course for a few pints and that was it.

:D

Aye you're right an all. That bit before he walks into the boardroom through those double doors he's on his laptop filling in some last minute groupon deal. It's getting worse each week the fewer people are left on the winning side though.

She's confident like (again an asset) but I don't think I'd highlight her articulacy per se particularly. Stella is way better for instance.

Thinking with your middle wicket iyam, not that I blame you at all.

didn't she break a record in an earlier sales round? she always sounds the most assured when they pitch.

but yeah, i could well be blinded by the poontang. but that in itself is an asset. i'm sure lord sugar knows you can't have enough confident, smart and fit women in the business. i was surprised he didn't hire the brummie for that reason alone last season.

Being watching the american version tonight as well. Donald Trump plays Alan Sugar and Donalds daughter (didnt know he had one) does the Karen Brady part.

First of all Donalds daughter Ivanka :lol:

ivanka-trump-fashion-line.jpg

ivanka_trump_02.jpg

Secondly, all the women are fit fit fit! ;)

With regard to the show itself it was quite good. The women literally tore each other apart before they even knew whether they had won or lost. An old ex military Samuel Jackson look a like led the boys.

Trumps no sugar but still a good watch.