Wayne Rooney declares his intention to walk out on Manchester United

khay

Finished at the age of 24. :)

He's been playing since he was 17 at the top level, his man age is irrelevant. His football age is closer to 30 is my point. The demands of modern football means it's really hard especially in the PL these days and 50 games a season for high impact players to play for more than 10 years at the highest level.

Aye, it's really fucked the likes of Giggs and Scholes.

Giggs has a different kind of body and Scoles has spent most of his career sitting. Rooney has a unique kind of body for a footballer as suggested by others earlier and also I agree with Renton that he will decline quicker as he is already.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been playing since he was 17 at the top level, his man age is irrelevant. His football age is closer to 30 is my point. The demands of modern football means it's really hard especially in the PL these days and 50 games a season for high impact players to play for more than 10 years at the highest level.

Every player's different. Ian Wright was all about pace yet he was class well into his 30s. Not saying I think Rooney is finished like because I don't think he is.

Every player's different. Ian Wright was all about pace yet he was class well into his 30s. Not saying I think Rooney is finished like because I don't think he is.

Weight also had that kind of natural fitness. :icon_lol:

''The player is adamant , he wants to leave''

A quote most journalists have missed out on.

adamant1981.jpg

"That's it, Fergie, I'm gonna put some wax on the tracks and slide on outta here, with Marco, Merrick, Terry Lee, Gary Tibbs and your truly"

Giggs has a different kind of body and Scoles has spent most of his career sitting. Rooney has a unique kind of body for a footballer as suggested by others earlier and also I agree with Renton that he will decline quicker as he is already.

Of course Rooney uses power and relies on a good engine but he's also one of the most talented English footballers of recent times. He'll still be playing at the top at the age of 30. I think his problems are more psychological than physical.

Of course Rooney uses power and relies on a good engine but he's also one of the most talented English footballers of recent times. He'll still be playing at the top at the age of 30. I think his problems are more psychological than physical.

I hope he has a long carrer at the top, the game is already getting boring.

Looking increasingly likely that ManU are a spent force now. Mind, I'm not convinced Rooney isn't past his best either. Always struck me as an extraordinarily precocious player who won't be playing in his 30s (especially without Ferguson's guidance).

Couldn't agree less. Michael Owen was always going to be that sort of player, while Rooney's explosiveness is a key part of his game, he has enough about him to be a force when he doesn't have the pace he had when he was 22. It's usually players who are all pace who you know will vbe finished early doors, as I say Owen was a prime example. Rooney will go on at the top for 10 years, he's just in a shit run of form as everyone has in their career.

Maybe, but his physique is more that of a boxer than a footballer, he'll have to be much more committed to fitness than most players and I think he lacks the mental strength of someone like Scholes to keep on top of his game. Can't think of a club that would suit him better than ManU under Ferguson and personally I think he may struggle elsewhere. Being English I'd also add I think he's over-rated - I know you will disagree though.

I think it's universally accepted that the Premiership has more quality than any league in the world. He scored 25 league goals last season, a phenomenal feat, and was justifiably in the running for the balon dor and WPOTY, whether he's overrated or not those feats in themselves show that on form he is a top class footballer. The weight thing I agree he'll have tow ork hard, but has that not been his trade mark? He's 13st which for someone of 5ft8 I'd feel is almost too heavy, makes me feel better 6 inches taller and just 2 stone heavier I tell you though.

Based purely on technique, La Liga is miles better.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
and the Bundesliga is better to watch :)

I watch a bit, Dortmund are quite exciting, but overall I'd rather watch the Championship, seriously too.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Looking increasingly likely that ManU are a spent force now. Mind, I'm not convinced Rooney isn't past his best either. Always struck me as an extraordinarily precocious player who won't be playing in his 30s (especially without Ferguson's guidance).

Couldn't agree less. Michael Owen was always going to be that sort of player, while Rooney's explosiveness is a key part of his game, he has enough about him to be a force when he doesn't have the pace he had when he was 22. It's usually players who are all pace who you know will vbe finished early doors, as I say Owen was a prime example. Rooney will go on at the top for 10 years, he's just in a shit run of form as everyone has in their career.

Maybe, but his physique is more that of a boxer than a footballer, he'll have to be much more committed to fitness than most players and I think he lacks the mental strength of someone like Scholes to keep on top of his game. Can't think of a club that would suit him better than ManU under Ferguson and personally I think he may struggle elsewhere. Being English I'd also add I think he's over-rated - I know you will disagree though.

I think it's universally accepted that the Premiership has more quality than any league in the world. He scored 25 league goals last season, a phenomenal feat, and was justifiably in the running for the balon dor and WPOTY, whether he's overrated or not those feats in themselves show that on form he is a top class footballer. The weight thing I agree he'll have tow ork hard, but has that not been his trade mark? He's 13st which for someone of 5ft8 I'd feel is almost too heavy, makes me feel better 6 inches taller and just 2 stone heavier I tell you though.

Very debatable, it is more pretty on the eye as there's much more time on the ball, a lot of the la liga players technique goes out of the window when they're thrown in the deep end of the fast paced Premiership. Takes more technique to play at pace than it does at a snails pace which some la liga games are.

Very debatable, it is more pretty on the eye as there's much more time on the ball, a lot of the la liga players technique goes out of the window when they're thrown in the deep end of the fast paced Premiership. Takes more technique to play at pace than it does at a snails pace which some la liga games are.

I'd rather watch a mid-table La Liga game than the mid-table Premier League game that was on last night. :)

Guest Tuco Ramirez

I'd rather watch a mid-table La Liga game than the mid-table Premier League game that was on last night. :)

I agree with that like. Allardyce should be banned from football and Pulis, even Bolton are trying to be a bit more cultured these days.

Rooney’s not been the same since March when he done his ankle in. He didn’t rest it properly at the time so it would seem his ankle is the issue in his drop in form rather than the ‘ageing before his time’ theory.

Today he was stretchered off the training pitch with an ankle injury so maybe now they can deal with it properly.

He told them he wanted to leave August 14th which was well before his latest prostitute scandal appeared, so that rules out that angle too.

Somethings turned his head — the Man City getting him on the cheap next summer story on mega-bucks looks more likely to me.

adamant1981.jpg

"That's it, Fergie, I'm gonna put some wax on the tracks and slide on outta here, with Marco, Merrick, Terry Lee, Gary Tibbs and your truly"

Think i've still got that LP knocking around :)

adamant1981.jpg

Way too much knowledge for a casual fan, I'll bet you a pint theres a part of the Howman bunker thats a complete shrine to the cockney big girls blouse/post punk fruit loop :)

based on recent records as well, but only barca in recent seasons. technically way better than the premiership teams. madrid have too many square pegs at the moment. valencia a powder puff forward line.

Weird seeing Fergie so gutted. Clearly still likes the lad and holds no grudges. He's told some class players not to let the door hit their arse on the way out. Ince, Van Nistelrooy, Tevez, Beckham, Ronaldo.... none of them got a 6 minute soliloquy as I recall.

Intrigued to see who they bring in to replace him. Assuming he'll be gone in January, I can't see who they could bring in during that month to replace a player of his stature. Either way they'd be cup-tied in Europe.

He's just one player so they shouldn't write their season off but it's still a massive blow to them.

Ah well.

Is Ferguson still a big fan of Benzema? Would he be a Rooney replacement?

I'm not saying that Rooney will go to Real... not sure if Rooney is their kind of player, just I know Benzema was very much a target

Merson on SSN declared that nobody would leave "the biggest club in the world" unless he had somewhere else lined up. PM sure that he's been tapped up.

Is Ferguson still a big fan of Benzema? Would he be a Rooney replacement?

I'm not saying that Rooney will go to Real... not sure if Rooney is their kind of player, just I know Benzema was very much a target

Don't think ManU have the cash to get Benzema away from Real.