Thoughts on James Perch

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is starting to look even worse given the fact it was a fairly long courtship as well! I mean if it was a last minute emergency cover signing then fair do's but it was anything but. In fact you could argue it was his most deliberate signing yet in a position he ought to know a bit about.

Forest fans on their boards all said, great bloke, not good enough for the championship, no surprise that he's way out of his depth in the prem really is it. What sums it up is that we're wanting Raylor in ahead of him, when he's a midfielder who isn't good enough for the prem!

But he is always out of position, ends up booked all the time as he tries to make up for mistakes, is offering nothing going forward other than a good engine and now has the additional problem that his confidence will be shot as he knows he's struggling badly and he got booed off against Wigan, which i don't agree with at all. Criticise his ability on here, but don't give your own players stick at the game for being out their depth.

Forest fans on their boards all said, great bloke, not good enough for the championship, no surprise that he's way out of his depth in the prem really is it. What sums it up is that we're wanting Raylor in ahead of him, when he's a midfielder who isn't good enough for the prem!

But he is always out of position, ends up booked all the time as he tries to make up for mistakes, is offering nothing going forward other than a good engine and now has the additional problem that his confidence will be shot as he knows he's struggling badly and he got booed off against Wigan, which i don't agree with at all. Criticise his ability on here, but don't give your own players stick at the game for being out their depth.

I'd love to know what Hughton was thinking hauling him off with 2 mins of normal time to go btw. I know we scored after that but, apart from giving Ranger zero chance to get into the game, it made a proper twat out of Perch who was almost bound to be booed off (which I don't agree with either but you'll take my point). And I don't believe CH is the sort of bloke to hang a player out to dry like that deliberately.

I'd love to know what Hughton was thinking hauling him off with 2 mins of normal time to go btw. I know we scored after that but, apart from giving Ranger zero chance to get into the game, it made a proper twat out of Perch who was almost bound to be booed off (which I don't agree with either but you'll take my point). And I don't believe CH is the sort of bloke to hang a player out to dry like that deliberately.

What has Ranger done wrong anyway? I'd like to see more of him, as from what I recall he looked promising. Is he shocking in training or shit in the reserves or something?

I know what you mean, he's not a guy who'd deliberately leave Perch to face that, i suspect he just didn't expect so much booing when he went off. And i think the sub itself, (though a little too late for Ranger to do much) was just a throw another striker on last ditch effort and if you're going to sacrifice a defender for it, then take off the guy having a nightmare, and down that side, Zog himself was already off by then wasn't he?

John Cornwell and Mark Stimsons love child.

Ah the memories! Always bizzarre to think Stimson actually got a game in the Keegan promotion season, you'd completely forgotten the likes of him were about, with the way it was going under KK!

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Ah the memories! Always bizzarre to think Stimson actually got a game in the Keegan promotion season, you'd completely forgotten the likes of him were about, with the way it was going under KK!

Funniest thing I remember about Stimson was that game we played Wolves and we needed a win 0-0 20 mins to go Stimson having a shocker, and he pulled Steve Bull down and got sent off for a professsional foul. When the ref put the red card in the air it was cheered more loudly than any game that season by all four corners of the ground. LB Stimson though and Cornwell was a CH.

Funniest thing I remember about Stimson was that game we played Wolves and we needed a win 0-0 20 mins to go Stimson having a shocker, and he pulled Steve Bull down and got sent off for a professsional foul. When the ref put the red card in the air it was cheered more loudly than any game that season by all four corners of the ground. LB Stimson though and Cornwell was a CH.

You're giving them far too much credit there..

Cornwell was LW wasn't he? :)

Yeah, remember that one myself! Wasn't Cornwall also classed as a central midfielder, i'm sure he was at least a utility player, equally bad at both!

I think i shook his hand actually, it was that event many years ago when for some reason there was a run (maybe sponsored) around the St James area involving fans, their kids etc and some of the toon players. Can't remember what the hell it was about now, but i was standing near him whilst some people got his autograph and he asked a couple of blokes how they thought he was going and the one said "Not bad but plenty of room for improvement!"