Newcastle Vs. Arsenal

loonyTOON

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd imagine we'd line up something similar too.....

---Krul---

---Perch---Williamson---Kadar---Ferguson---

---Raylor---Vuckic---Guthrie---Ranger---

---Shola---Lovenkrands---

Kinda similar to the team that started against Chelsea.

We COULD sneak a 1-0 or 2-1 win mind.

On paper we are already beaten, realistically we will get beat, logically the best team will win, common sense dictates that will be Arsenal, all of which mean fuck all when Shola's got his shooting boots on.

Their second string could muller our first team, so I'm holding out absolutely zero hope on this one. Would love it but I see nothing but 0-3 here.

Arsenal's squad better than Chelsea's or something?

TicTacWoe got it. Squad, yes, I'd say. First XI, no.

And I did say the same about Chelsea. I don't see the point in getting my hopes up. I'd much rather save my deluded optimism for the mackems game.

Was reading something about Arsenal putting out a strong side while I expect us to try and keep our first team for Sunday.

Eastland, Lansbury and Emmanuel-Thomas to start. Reserve goalie too. Think Bendtner and Walcott were mentioned on Sunday as definitely starting.

Wenger has been bigging up Emmanuel-Thomas recently.

On paper we are already beaten, realistically we will get beat, logically the best team will win, common sense dictates that will be Arsenal, all of which mean fuck all when Shola's got his shooting boots on.

:D

I'd like to see this team line-up....

GK: Krul

RB: R. Taylor CB: Coloccini CB: Kadar LB: Enrique

RM: Ranger CM: Tiote CM: Guthrie LM: Jonas

......SS: Vuckic

CF: Shola

Alternately, rest Enrique and play Ferguson at left back, or rest Jonas and play Ferguson at LM. Or, Ferguson at LM with Jonas on the right and Ranger on the bench. Coloccini and Williamson interchangeable.

Routledge will probably play as he didnt against west ham.

The fact that I'd completely forgotten about him probably says something about the way he's been playing of late.

I'd like...

Krul

R. Taylor Coloccini Kadar Enrique

Routledge Tiote Guthrie Jonas

......Vuckic

Shola

We might get...

Krul

R. Taylor Coloccini Kadar Ferguson

Routledge Vuckic Guthrie Ranger

......Lovenkrands

Shola

Just bought 2 tickets for the Platinum the neet, wasn't gonna bother but fuck it, £25 each bit steep for the League Cup right near the goal line, beer £3.75 a pint in there like but I don't care, will be a magic night if we can get a result and then we can all start posting pics of Wembley :D

Just bought 2 tickets for the Platinum the neet, wasn't gonna bother but fuck it, £25 each bit steep for the League Cup right near the goal line, beer £3.75 a pint in there like but I don't care, will be a magic night if we can get a result and then we can all start posting pics of Wembley :D

Those pints will taste even better if we get a result, up the Toon. :rimshot::)

Those pints will taste even better if we get a result, up the Toon. :rimshot::)

What Fosters? I'll give them a gan, hopefully they have big bottles of magners.

Despite Wenger bringing in a few youngsters, they are taking the competition seriously this year. Should be a decent game.

They are playing a strong team by all accounts. Should be a good experience for Ferguson v Walcott and Vukic/Donaldson v their midfield.

Playing anything less than our strongest possible team is a complete disgrace in my opinion. If we win tonight we have decent chance of winning it or at least getting to the final. For me and most of Newcastle mates this game should be more important than the West Ham game last Saturday.

Arsenal have not won a domestic trophy for 5 years so they are taking it seriously. We haven't won a domestic trophy for 55 years and we are not bothered. How shameful is that when potentially we are the bigger club.

Its a joke - when the hell does it become acceptable to go for the cup. This represents a great chance of getting to the quarter finals and to play anything less than a full strength team is completely unacceptable. No wonder they are predicting a low crowd

Playing anything less than our strongest possible team is a complete disgrace in my opinion. If we win tonight we have decent chance of winning it or at least getting to the final. For me and most of Newcastle mates this game should be more important than the West Ham game last Saturday.

Arsenal have not won a domestic trophy for 5 years so they are taking it seriously. We haven't won a domestic trophy for 55 years and we are not bothered. How shameful is that when potentially we are the bigger club.

Its a joke - when the hell does it become acceptable to go for the cup. This represents a great chance of getting to the quarter finals and to play anything less than a full strength team is completely unacceptable. No wonder they are predicting a low crowd

Would hate to see someone like Carrol play tonight and get injured and miss Sunday. I'd love to see us make a real effort to win this cup but given our squad situation I don't think we can risk playing a full strength team tonight.

Perch starting but maybe not at RB?

"I left James out of the game at West Ham, but, overall, he's done well for us," Hughton told the Gazette. "He's still getting used to playing at this level, and he gives us another option.

"He can play across the back, at centre half and left back. He's certainly a versatile enough player."

"I left James out of the game at West Ham, but, overall, he's done well for us," Hughton told the Gazette. "He's still getting used to playing at this level, and he gives us another option.

"He can play across the back, at centre half and left back. He's certainly a versatile enough player."

Might play LB if you think about it (Enrique being so crucial and our lacking cover in that position).

Might play LB if you think about it (Enrique being so crucial and our lacking cover in that position).

Fuckin hell :D he's the biggest liability since Nick Leason in his natural right side, what's he going to be like on the left?!??!?!?!