Newcastle Vs. Arsenal

loonyTOON

Perch starting but maybe not at RB?

"I left James out of the game at West Ham, but, overall, he's done well for us," Hughton told the Gazette. "He's still getting used to playing at this level, and he gives us another option.

"He can play across the back, at centre half and left back. He's certainly a versatile enough player."

Might play LB if you think about it (Enrique being so crucial and our lacking cover in that position).

I reckon he will leave Enrique out too. He needs to be on top of his game against Elmo Fudd or whatever the mackem lad is called.

Perch up against Walcott then in that case.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perch starting but maybe not at RB?

"I left James out of the game at West Ham, but, overall, he's done well for us," Hughton told the Gazette. "He's still getting used to playing at this level, and he gives us another option.

"He can play across the back, at centre half and left back. He's certainly a versatile enough player."

Might play LB if you think about it (Enrique being so crucial and our lacking cover in that position).

Fuckin hell :D he's the biggest liability since Nick Leason in his natural right side, what's he going to be like on the left?!??!?!?!

I was thinking about what Hughton might do rather than what I'd do seeing as he's talking as though Perch is playing.

I would hope not. why not try ferguson. he's quick and effectively a winger, put pressure back on arsenals right side. depends on whether we see the ball of course.

Forgot about Ferguson. He did well against Chelsea so aye, that would make more sense.

I would hope not. why not try ferguson. he's quick and effectively a winger, put pressure back on arsenals right side. depends on whether we see the ball of course.

Better shout than Perch tbf given he did so well against Chelsea.

Who's going? Must admit I've opted for the telly. I'll be impressed if Stevie is near the correct attendance.

I was within 200 for Stoke, and I can be forgiven for underestimating Stoke's support, it was absolutely shit, but not as shit as I thought it would be.

I'm going :D sitting in the Platinum near the Gallowgate End. I think we're all going in hope rather than expectation tonight, you never know though. I'd start Shola with Ranger personally, he's getting better big Nile.

Got to admit, had a 'feeling' over past few days that we are going to do Arsenal over tonight. But after seeing a potential starting 11 for us, whereby James Perch starts and looking at CB, I think we may struggle. Leave him out Hughton and play Kadar and Raylor instead!! PLEASE!!!!!!! WE WANT TO WIN!!

Stevie, whats the attendance going to be tonight?

Cheers.

:D

I reckon we'll see Perch at left back as Ferguson(a winger) getting raped by Walcott for 90minutes mightn't be great for his development.

If Ricky/Jonas/Carroll get injured, we're fucked-I also reckon he wants to give Smith, Raylor, Ranger a bit more playing time.

Cheers.

I reckon we'll see Perch at left back as Ferguson(a winger) getting raped by Walcott for 90minutes mightn't be great for his development.

If Ricky/Jonas/Carroll get injured, we're fucked-I also reckon he wants to give Smith, Raylor, Ranger a bit more playing time.

On previous showings I'd rather have Ferguson as the left back as he might stand a chance of catching him.

Edited by khay

Cheers.

On previous showings I'd rather have Ferguson as the winger as he might stand a chance of catching him.

From what i've seen of Ferguson, he looks more than capable of dealing with Walcott and just needs the chance to prove his worth. I think he'll start and will shine. Looked a hot prospect against Chelski, made Zhirkov look pathetic. Great for him to perform and put Enrique under pressure.

He listed them in a bit weird order, back 4 is obv Perch, williamson, kadar and raylor (not sure who plays where).

I expect smith will play dm, guthrie in the middle and routledge on the right. Vuckic on the left with ranger and loven up front.