According to talksport....

Craig

According to the BBC test rumours page, by the Express it is reckoned that either manager to lose tomorrow will get the push.  Looks like a draw then.

63896[/snapback]

Which if you read further on the rumours page will result in Souness getting the push...

A draw it is then! :unsure:

63904[/snapback]

They score first,

Souness gets abuse,

we equalise late on,

Freddie peddles him,

Roeder & Shearer take temporary charge (Cos freddie thinks thats we want it and we cant move on till he's tried it),

we bumble along,

we avoid relegation,

Freddie starts looking again,

We Start next season with our 6th choice,

Come December 2006 I post this again but change the names!!

63915[/snapback]

You're right unfortunately.

I think Freddie is to blame tbh ;)

According to the BBC test rumours page, by the Express it is reckoned that either manager to lose tomorrow will get the push.  Looks like a draw then.

63896[/snapback]

Which if you read further on the rumours page will result in Souness getting the push...

63904[/snapback]

They score first,

Souness gets abuse,

we equalise late on,

Freddie peddles him,

Roeder & Shearer take temporary charge (Cos freddie thinks thats we want it and we cant move on till he's tried it),

we bumble along,

we avoid relegation,

63915[/snapback]

63917[/snapback]

No, you don't.

63896[/snapback]

63904[/snapback]

They score first,

Souness gets abuse,

we equalise late on,

Freddie peddles him,

we bumble along,

we avoid relegation,

63915[/snapback]

63917[/snapback]

No, you don't.

63942[/snapback]

Well, I do partly. Although I think he's been good for us in a business sense, his oppostion to foreign managers since his fingers were burnt will put us in a weaker position IMO.

Beats me why people think a foreign manager has any more chance of succeeding than a British one. We've tried two foreigners and they were sh!te just as some of the British ones were. Even though they came with a half decent track record. Portsmouth went foreign and look where it got them for instance. Just because they are jorman or french doesn't seem to guarrantee success as some seem to think.

Beats me why people think a foreign manager has any more chance of succeeding than a British one. We've tried two foreigners and they were sh!te just as some of the British ones were. Even though they came with a half decent track record. Portsmouth went foreign and look where it got them for instance. Just because they are jorman or french doesn't seem to guarrantee success as some seem to think.

63950[/snapback]

Because there are a few world class foriegn managers available at the moment and only one British manager available I would consider (O'Neill).

63950[/snapback]

Because there are a few world class foriegn managers available at the moment and only one British manager available I would consider (O'Neill).

63951[/snapback]

Exactly right. :unsure:

Who we go for depends on what Fat Fred has planned. Is he going for the "Anyone better than Souness" option, somone who'd be able to take us top 4-6 then appoint someone else to try and take us further or go straight in for the top manager to sort out the current mess. Obviously it'd be tougher to attract the top manager in the current state.

The S*n reckons we're after Big Sam too. He'd be an improvement imo.

63680[/snapback]

What has Allardyce done at Bolton that Souness didn't do at Blackburn? Don't think he'd be an improvement in the slightest.

63994[/snapback]

I don't particularly rate Allardyce either, and wouldn't appoint him if it was my choice.

However, he must be better than Souness if only because he doesn't generally go around alienating his best players to satisfy a massive ego. I think he puts his club before himself, which is something Souness is unable to even contemplate.

63950[/snapback]

63951[/snapback]

Yep, he'd be my choice now as he always has been!

Who we go for depends on what Fat Fred has planned. Is he going for the "Anyone better than Souness" option, somone who'd be able to take us top 4-6 then appoint someone else to try and take us further or go straight in for the top manager to sort out the current mess. Obviously it'd be tougher to attract the top manager in the current state.

63976[/snapback]

yep, me 10 year old cousins already been offered an interview based on his CM experience.

63950[/snapback]

So you'd rather we keep looking at the same incestious group of managers like Bruce, McClaren, O'Leary, Allardyce and Venables instead of at least trying for someone like Hiddink?

People who'd sooner have a British manager. If Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U or Arsenal lost their manager tomorrow, how many British managers do you think would even be considered for the job? There's some excellent managers about who are available (Le Guen, Hitzfeld, Ranieri, Deschamps).

yep, me 10 year old cousins already been offered an interview based on his CM experience.

Isn't that how Souness got the job in the first place - it was either that or he was going to cost nowt to bring in as he'd completely arsed up his last job and was going to be sacked anyway. Can't remember which it was...

Hmmmm... wonder what the odds are for Alain Perrin getting the job :unsure:

63976[/snapback]

64029[/snapback]

Bastid, I thought I was a shoe in. I had screenshots in with my CV and everything.

• 1 year later...

63896[/snapback]

A draw it is then! :D

63904[/snapback]

They score first,

Souness gets abuse,

we equalise late on,

Freddie peddles him,

we bumble along,

we avoid relegation,

How fucking accurate was that?? :lol: