People who hate flying

Walliver

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I understand it the chances of being involved in a plane crash are about 1 in 1,000,000 (someone can sharpen up that stat if they know better) so stop being a massive girl and get on a fucking plane.

As I understand it the chances of being involved in a plane crash are about 1 in 1,000,000 (someone can sharpen up that stat if they know better) so stop being a massive girl and get on a fucking plane.

Just make sure there are no snakes on it first.

Or bombs :icon_lol:

Just make sure there are no snakes on it first.

Or bombs :icon_lol:

Or Canon salesmen...

The problem is everyone is trying to save money so shortcuts will be getting taken and airlines will be trying to extend the life os servicable parts.

Add this to all the terrorists trying to blow the fuckers up and its not really a pleasant experience anymore.

Take the boat instead :icon_lol:

Bet you would fill your pants if you were ever exposed to severe turbulence or an emergency evacuation. :icon_lol:

Bet you would fill your pants if you were ever exposed to severe turbulence or an emergency evacuation. :icon_lol:

Like shite, I'm like Hicks from Aliens man. Nerves like steel.

hicks2.jpg

QANTAS in recent years have spent a fortune repairing a couple of planes that have come unstuck because they wanted to keep their "never written off an aircraft" record.

That said their service is shite, a lot of their fleet needs updating and they're expensive.

Qantas has a very bad rep here in NZ. Plus bits have fallen off their arcraft on a regular basis over the last 3 years. I was once coming back from Melbourne and they delayed the plane for 4 hours; their attitude was basically "fuck off and find something to do, we'll call you when we're ready". As it happens the delay was due to a passenger taking ill (apparently) but they didn't give a shit about the passengers left wondering when they'd get home, it was like flying with a hyper expensive Ryan Air.

I wouldn't fly with them again if I can help it.

the point is they have a very good record on not crashing

we'll not talk about Impact Erebus to a kiwi..................

Aye, just like they implicitly stated they were more concerned with service than safety. :icon_lol:

You still haven't pm'ed me about settling that bet btw.

QANTAS in recent years have spent a fortune repairing a couple of planes that have come unstuck because they wanted to keep their "never written off an aircraft" record.

That said their service is shite, a lot of their fleet needs updating and they're expensive.

Qantas has a very bad rep here in NZ. Plus bits have fallen off their arcraft on a regular basis over the last 3 years. I was once coming back from Melbourne and they delayed the plane for 4 hours; their attitude was basically "fuck off and find something to do, we'll call you when we're ready". As it happens the delay was due to a passenger taking ill (apparently) but they didn't give a shit about the passengers left wondering when they'd get home, it was like flying with a hyper expensive Ryan Air.

I wouldn't fly with them again if I can help it.

A few years ago my flight from Bali was cancelled. They put us up in The Hilton (+ expenses) over night. Magical for a backpacker at the time.

exactly. Lots of comfort blankets on here.

Someone got it in for Quantas?? :icon_lol:

Surprised you're not hammering the conspiracy theories Rob.... :icon_lol:

Qantas Plane Turns Back With Engine Problem

Another Qantas plane has made an emergency landing after suffering an engine problem shortly after take-off.

Channel News Asia said flight QF6 had turned back to Singapore after a malfunction with engine one.

On Thursday, a Qantas Airbus A380 superjumbo made an emergency landing in Singapore after one of its four engines suffered a blow-out.

More follows...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-New..._After_Take-Off

Someone got it in for Quantas?? :icon_lol:

Surprised you're not hammering the conspiracy theories Rob.... ;)

Qantas Plane Turns Back With Engine Problem

Another Qantas plane has made an emergency landing after suffering an engine problem shortly after take-off.

Channel News Asia said flight QF6 had turned back to Singapore after a malfunction with engine one.

On Thursday, a Qantas Airbus A380 superjumbo made an emergency landing in Singapore after one of its four engines suffered a blow-out.

More follows...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-New..._After_Take-Off

:icon_lol:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=803842

Unlike on Quantas.

Unlike on Quantas.

Gemmill sits on the wings, apparently.