How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

After retiring from playing in goal at 5-a-side and now playing out I was hoping my new found level of fitness would help..but I've found the pace of playing far too quick. I think this has less to do with fitness and more to do with being in my 30s and all the other teams in the league being full of 18 year olds..

After retiring from playing in goal at 5-a-side and now playing out I was hoping my new found level of fitness would help..but I've found the pace of playing far too quick. I think this has less to do with fitness and more to do with being in my 30s and all the other teams in the league being full of 18 year olds..

yeah, my 5 a side team had a similar experience. they had a gap in the top league which they put us straight in after we entered. we plummeted season after season before finding our natural level. we now yoyo between the 3rd and 4th divisions. for all the fitness in the world there's fuck all you can do with some of these young whippets going like shit off a stick. hard not to resort to professional fouls at times. not the best idea where we play as our league is full of young chav teams happy to kick off.

Edited by Dr Gloom

yeah, my 5 a side team had a similar experience. they had a gap in the top league which they put us straight in after we entered. we plummeted season after season before finding our natural level. we now yoyo between the 3rd and 4th divisions. for all the fitness in the world there's fuck all you can do with some of these young whippets going like shit off a stick. hard not to resort to professional fouls at times. not the best idea where we play as our league is full of young chav teams happy to kick off.

We used to always finish about 5th or 6th in the division with the top two miles in front and us only a few points from flirting with 3rd..we did actually finish joint 3rd one year. However, since sort of Autumn last year it's almost as if age has caught up with us. Even some of the teams that we've known there for a few years can't believe how far backwards we've gone. We tried chucking one of the lads's 15 year old son in but it hasn't helped. I like to think of us as the Wigan of our division, playing some decent cultured stuff but ultimately picking up fuck all in terms of points!

14 stone.

8 pounds gone in a few weeks. next big target 13 stone.

you're either starving yourself or burning some serious calories to drop that much weight in a couple of weeks.

ultimately though, as i always say, weight is just a number. means fuck all if you're body composition is shite. who wants to lose weight while retaining love handles and man boobs?

14 stone.

you're either starving yourself or burning some serious calories to drop that much weight in a couple of weeks.

ultimately though, as i always say, weight is just a number. means fuck all if you're body composition is shite. who wants to lose weight while retaining love handles and man boobs?

Neither Dr.

When you've been eating shit and you suddenly stop, a fair old amount is going to drop off without too much fight.

Last night I had a sensible portion of home made cottage pie, with lashings of Turnip, Broccoli and Cabbage.

I do appreciate there will come a point when simply eating well wont work on its own.

And anyone in their mid forties who is worried about love handles and moobs, needs to have a word with themselves.

14 stone.

Neither Dr.

When you've been eating shit and you suddenly stop, a fair old amount is going to drop off without too much fight.

Last night I had a sensible portion of home made cottage pie, with lashings of Turnip, Broccoli and Cabbage.

I do appreciate there will come a point when simply eating well wont work on its own.

And anyone in their mid forties who is worried about love handles and moobs, needs to have a word with themselves.

Well that's commendable. Cutting out the junk and eating clean is a big milestone.

The other point I was making stands though. Why do we try to lose weight in the main? Either to improve health or to improve the way we look by losing body fat. If your goals are the latter then stop obsessing with your weight - its just a number - and pay more attention to the way the body looks. It easy to lose weight while maintaining a poor body composition in terms of body fat. Call it skinny fat if you like. Far better to lose weight while maintaining or building muscle mass. The end product will be far more pleasing.

It's not easy to do but if your goals are to improve the way your body looks then it is a better option than just crash dieting every January. If your goals are just being healthier and you're really not bothered about the way you look that's another matter.

That said, it sounds like you're on the right track. A sensible clean diet is definitely the way forward. Just don't starve yourself!

What weight are you trying to get to CT?

I'm sure I must be hovering around the 12 stone mark as I've just finished the Xmas backlog of chocolate. Never been more than 11 stone 5 in my life though.

Up until I started taxi'ing and packed in smoking I was always around 11-7. That weight was maintained while eating crap and taking no exercise.

I therefore would like to get back to that sort of weight and I do realise that Exercise will be needed.

They weigh I feel about exercise is the way a fatty feels about eating a plain boring salad. It holds no interest or anything for me. I am sitting six feet away from a conservatory with an exercise bike and a treadmill in. They have remained dusty virtually since getting them.

If I could somehow find a way into exercise that suited me, my commitments and my lifestyle, then I would be laughing.

images are blocked for me when i'm in work, but going by the above has he taken a picture of himself while in a bubblebath and put it on here??

btw CT you did this last year, the idea is to stick to it not to drop weight rapidly and then put it back on only to be in the same boat again and ignore it till jan next year.

I'm fairly certain people on here who give more of a feck have told you this already like.

This is what overweight people do in January Ant. :lol:

I'm sure I must be hovering around the 12 stone mark as I've just finished the Xmas backlog of chocolate. Never been more than 11 stone 5 in my life though.

If I could somehow find a way into exercise that suited me, my commitments and my lifestyle, then I would be laughing.

Strap a couple of 25k plates to your back and sprint to the chippy and back when you get in from work. :razz:

I am sitting six feet away from a conservatory with an exercise bike and a treadmill in. They have remained dusty virtually since getting them.

Look into HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) it's as short as 20-30 minutes a day and rather than just burning calories during exercise (which is what LISS, Low Intensity steady state, cardio does) it keeps burning calories throughout the day. It's basically a burst of near maximal effort followed by a 'rest' period, for example 30 seconds sprinting then 60 seconds walking on a treadmill reverting between the sprinting and walking for 25 minutes.

I think they were mentioned (not 100% sure) but Tabata's are also very good they're basically 20 seconds of intensive maximal effort followed by 10 seconds of complete rest done for 8 cycles (so 4 minutes total), knock up a quick circuit of 3-5 Tabata's e.g. your exercise bike, press up tabata's then bodyweight squat tabata's so then 12-20 minutes and you're done.

Strap a couple of 25k plates to your back and sprint to the chippy and back when you get in from work. :razz:

:lol:

I am sitting six feet away from a conservatory with an exercise bike and a treadmill in. They have remained dusty virtually since getting them.

Look into HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) it's as short as 20-30 minutes a day and rather than just burning calories during exercise (which is what LISS, Low Intensity steady state, cardio does) it keeps burning calories throughout the day. It's basically a burst of near maximal effort followed by a 'rest' period, for example 30 seconds sprinting then 60 seconds walking on a treadmill reverting between the sprinting and walking for 25 minutes.

I think they were mentioned (not 100% sure) but Tabata's are also very good they're basically 20 seconds of intensive maximal effort followed by 10 seconds of complete rest done for 8 cycles (so 4 minutes total), knock up a quick circuit of 3-5 Tabata's e.g. your exercise bike, press up tabata's then bodyweight squat tabata's so then 12-20 minutes and you're done.

You lost me at High Intensity :lol:

Seriously something short and fast is probably best for now.

I have made progress, Ive cleaned out the conservatory today and got it ready for action.

You lost me at High Intensity :lol:

Seriously something short and fast is probably best for now.

I have made progress, Ive cleaned out the conservatory today and got it ready for action.

That's what HIIT is.

I do this when I'm on a night shift; I pop downstairs to the gym, do about 35 minutes of HIIT and then go back to work. Not only gets the exercise done, but wakes me up a bit

CT you big breasted baboon. Have you got an iPhone or iPad? If so, get Lovefilm Player (or better still Netflix) installed on it, get a half hour TV show going on it, and jump on the treadmill. Don't get off until the end credits. Your feet will stop looking like pig trotters in no time.